watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, August 26, 2018, 07:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

On the keeper debate - good to see Betts back in the team, I think he deserves to have a chance to retain the No1 slot.

I didn't feel he was any better or worse than Fabri. There were 2 or 3 times where there was a wayward pass to nobody or a hospital pass that put our back line under pressure. Had it been Fabri I am sure he would have got a fair bit of stick. Interesting what loyalty does to a crowd :)

As others have mentioned, it would be interesting to see Rico in action.

Then we have 3 people to disagree about  :dft011:

Burt

Overall, a great team performance. For the third game running, we showed that we have a positive approach and some really good players, so whilst there were positives to take from the our first two defeats it is good to take some positives from a win. This was the sort of game against another mid-table sort of team where we need to demonstrate an ability to compete and take the points.

If I have a worry, it is still that if you stuff things up at the back then you WILL be punished. This wasn't so much a problem in the Championship.

Porthogs FC

My thoughts on this particular performance after watching it twice.

Mitro is tremendous, if anything in January window we need a similar style player to come in if he ever needed a break.

Our player flexibility is tremendous. Vietto and Schurrle are well versed in a flexible front three and can run for 95 minutes. Mitro proved that he can as well.

R. Sess can play in 3 different positions (LB, LW, RW). I would expect that even when he's on the bench, his versatility will ensure gametime in ALMOST every match, unless we have a comfortable (2 goal) margin. But yes, unless Schurrle or Vietto need a break, it will be difficult for him to start anytime soon.

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of McDonald and Anguissa with Seri roaming when we're away from home against Top 10 competition. Seri's ability to find a pass in TC's position will be key for counterattacks. TC can be just a bit slow in decision making at this level.

Even though MLM gave the ball away and it led to their first goal, I was more miffed by Odoi and Betts. Giving the ball away is one thing, but hesitant defending like we saw there is not Premier league quality. Not worried though, we have 5 CB's and 3 GK's to pick from, eventually Joka will know our starting back 5.

When Mawson and Ream are healthy, I can't see Odoi anywhere near the starting 18. I see Mawson - MLM starting with Ream - Chambers backing them up

Bryan and Fosu - Mensa are godsends to our backline. Some thought Bryan didn't do much, but his speed and ability to cut in or burst by defenders will be key for the rest of the season.

Can't wait to see how we do against tougher competition. It's only been 3 games, but we're almost top 10 already LOL.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 26, 2018, 09:09:36 PM
Mitro was a thorn in their side from the off, but after their second which was off side, he lost his head. Could have easily been sent off for the kick in the face and then the cheeky elbow towards the end of the first half. Fair play that he didn't though, but he should have been taken off after about 75-80 minutes because he didn't have anything left in the tank. We could have possibly got another goal if AK had been bought on.

I agree with the rest of your comment, but Mitro was running like a madman well into the 80th minute. 

He had two sequences late in the game where he sprinted around closing down on their players and got us possession back.  I thought that there were many other players that looked more tired then Mitro.