watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andre Schürrle interview on FFC

Started by Fulham1959, August 26, 2018, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Great post-match interview with Andre Schürrle on FFC.  His enthusiasm is wonderful to see.

ChesterTheTabby

Top bloke, and despite his recent dip in form back in the Bundesliga, he exudes class.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

If, as may be the case, he is gradually coming back into his best form then we have a winner.

Skatzoffc

Agreed.

Most players like our ethos.

We may have lucked in with him. He may get his mojo back and be a superstar in a white shirt.

Let's hope so.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

BedsFFC

I really watched him closely today. Really interesting seeing his comments as I said to my son that he seemed overwhelemd when he scored. I don't know if anyone noticed it but his celebration went on for ages.

Sometimes the best team players are the ones that have something to prove. could be some shrewd business.

Sess has a fight on his hands

HobGoblin

Had a really good game, glad he scored. Hopefully that will give him a big confidence boost and we may get a player that is hungry to return to the levels he produced a few seasons ago.

HV71

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 26, 2018, 09:22:13 PM
I really watched him closely today. Really interesting seeing his comments as I said to my son that he seemed overwhelemd when he scored. I don't know if anyone noticed it but his celebration went on for ages.

Sometimes the best team players are the ones that have something to prove. could be some shrewd business.

👍 it would appear he wants to do well for us

Sess has a fight on his hands

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Slow start I thought, but was sheer class from about 30 minutes onwards. Good to see someone pinging in shots. Hart needed to be tested today, and Andre was the man to do that. He deserved the goal, that's for sure.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Riverside

He was v good today and his JOY at scoring was genuine

If he gets back to his best he could be one of the best players in the league - which is only good news for us

davew

Really nice guy and a super loan signing for us!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Huxley

His corner post celebrations reminds me of his days in Mainz with Lewis Holtby when they craved up the league. Led to both of them being called up to Germany.

bog

He is obviously very happy here.  :54:

092.gif

RaySmith

I thought he looked good and worked hard in pre-season games, so I'm pleased, but not surprised that he's showing his class, enthusiasm and work ethic  in competitive matches.

A great acquisition.

toshes mate

Quote from: bog on August 27, 2018, 11:14:13 AM
He is obviously very happy here.  :54:

092.gif
Agree.  Thought there was a lot more camaraderie among the players and that has to mean things are beginning to gel.

HV71

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on August 27, 2018, 11:12:48 AM
His corner post celebrations reminds me of his days in Mainz with Lewis Holtby when they craved up the league. Led to both of them being called up to Germany.

Holtby was also another decent bloke   - used to send pics of himself arriving at games by public transport.

Holders

Quote from: HV71 on August 27, 2018, 01:32:27 PM
Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on August 27, 2018, 11:12:48 AM

Holtby was also another decent bloke   - used to send pics of himself arriving at games by public transport.

He was one of my favourites and a great loss when Felix drove him out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham 442

As Beds said a player with something to prove is quite often a good signing.  Thought he was excellent yesterday and his goal but superb.  I was sitting in the Hammy End and when Mitro's shot hit the post and bounced off I thought it was brilliant the way Schurrle was so composed on the ball, took his time and aimed his shot perfectly.  His joy at scoring was plain for all to see and his post match interview exuded enthusiasm.  He is so glad to be with us, win win all round I reckon!

SWSixer