watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Worrying.

Started by bog, August 28, 2018, 08:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

As we continue to improve I am increasingly worried that our manager is on a lot of other club's radar. One recent posting asks who should we sign in the next window, well the most important one next is our Boss. I know he can still leave but at least we would get compensation. This is the old sod in me cos we aint supposed have a manager as good as this one.  :022:

092.gif     

toshes mate

I like the touch of cynicism in your last sentence, bog, and I do recall we tend to remember the bad times more acutely and anxiously when the good times, of which there have been a fair few, are so much better to live through.  I still believe that, in the case of Jokanovic's 'new' contract, no news at this time is better than being told he isn't signing anything.  My own view, for what it is worth, is that the most pressing issues for our coach are totally unrelated to securing his future at Craven Cottage, and completely absorbed in making this squad achieve the best possible outcome in the PL before 'D-Day' arrives.  If Jokanovic sees that as making his choices broader and wider when the time comes then who can blame him, but I don't feel that is the way he does his decision making.  I'd be patient and let the team do the talking.   

bog

Tosh, the squad we now have looks to be very useful indeed so would look a draw for another top experienced boss if our one chose to move on to widen his horizons. What a relief that twit who was in charge of 'recruitment' went!  :yay:

092.gif

Mitrosonfire

no need to worry about his delaying to sign a new contract.

first of all he is not greedy. second, he knows for sure how things work in big clubs - they give you money, good roster, and if results are missing in first half season - you are out.

I think that he refused to sign 4 year contract now because it would put an extra pressure on him, mostly. He will wait until winter, and see how winter window will go and results, and then will sign. His career is most important for him, not the money. If winter goes well for club, I am sure he will try to built his own system in fulham for a long term.

of course, there are always offers that you cant refuse - some amazing contract by a man city or a pari sent germain, but thats not gonna happen :)

Holders

He's said that he wants to see the position of the team improve first. Notwithstanding that any new contract negotiated now would result in an improvement in his terms, it wouldn't have escaped his notice that a better league position would strengthen his hand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 10:24:52 AM
no need to worry about his delaying to sign a new contract.

first of all he is not greedy. second, he knows for sure how things work in big clubs - they give you money, good roster, and if results are missing in first half season - you are out.

I think that he refused to sign 4 year contract now because it would put an extra pressure on him, mostly. He will wait until winter, and see how winter window will go and results, and then will sign. His career is most important for him, not the money. If winter goes well for club, I am sure he will try to built his own system in fulham for a long term.

of course, there are always offers that you cant refuse - some amazing contract by a man city or a pari sent germain, but thats not gonna happen :)

Well you really know the man, he does seem to be one of a deep thinking character. When we signed Mitro right out of the blue the first thing that came to my mind was his disciplinary record but then that his new boss was also Serbian. I felt this could be a major signing and it has turned out to be more than that! Thanks for your information!

092.gif