watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mourinho arrogance

Started by Barrett487, August 31, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Ok, so he's won trophies (and never stayed more than 2 seasons?).... but the arrogance of the man!

Jose Mourinho: Man Utd boss says he is 'one of greatest managers in the world'

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho says he will be "one of the greatest managers in the world" even if he does not win the Premier League at the club.

United have lost two of their first three league games, their worst start to a season since 1992-93.

Defending his record, the 55-year-old quoted a German philosopher and said he was "the only manager to win in Italy, Spain and England".

He also called second place last season "one of my greatest achievements".

"I am the manager of the one of the greatest clubs in the world but I'm also one of the greatest managers in the world," said Mourinho.

Asked if he would still be a great manager if he did not win the title with United - who have won the English top flight 20 times, including 13 Premier Leagues - the Portuguese replied: "Of course.

"Did you never spend time reading the philosopher Hegel? He said: 'The truth is in the whole. It's always in the whole that you find the truth.'

"Do you ask the same question to the manager that finished third in Premier League last season or the manager that finished fourth or fifth?"

When Mourinho was told Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp faced similar questions last season, Mourinho responded: "Because he never won anything in international [competition], for example.

"That's his problem, I tell you what I think, how I feel. And I answer the question."

JoelH5

And here you are, talking about him rather than the players, who are actually the ones on the pitch losing the games. He's doing a good job deflecting the critisicm from them in my opinion.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Barrett487

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 31, 2018, 06:31:04 PM
And here you are, talking about him rather than the players, who are actually the ones on the pitch losing the games. He's doing a good job deflecting the critisicm from them in my opinion.
All copied and pasted... not me talking. This is a forum discussing football news.. mostly FFC. I just commented on his arrogance.

YankeeJim

The ego man will not last the season at Manure.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cottage expat

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 31, 2018, 06:53:07 PM
The ego man will not last the season at Manure.

Manure lose to Burnley and his days will be numbered.

love4ffc

I've never liked Mourinho.  Don't like his arrogance nor all the drama that comes with him being a team manager.  I'll take a quiet and dignified Slav or Roy over a Mourinho any day. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

gezkc

The sooner he's sacked by Man U and leaves English football, the better. Hideous individual.

Woolly Mammoth

He waffles on at interviews because he has nothing interesting to say, except a load of Cobblers.
He is a one trick Pony, and if you live by the sword, you shall perish by the sword.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

elgreenio

Quote from: gezkc on August 31, 2018, 09:19:15 PM
The sooner he's sacked by Man U and leaves English football, the better. Hideous individual.

couldnt agree more. Such a warped state of mind
touch my camera through the fence

Moltobueno

Isn't his son playing for our youth team?

I hope the attitude is a bit more modest

Mince n Tatties

Trouble with him is its always been about him,he won things not the players..His own countryman Ronaldo told him so at Real.

Sammyffc

hahaha i have to say this is amusing. Yes he is arrogant but who isn't when they are at that type of level?

His achievements in football are incredible. He was won basically everything. Won things we can dream of.

saying you would pick Roy over Jose is absolutely insane. Lets be real, Roy is a nice bloke. But has won NOTHING. Yes he did amazing with us and i'll be forever thankful, but if you really would pick roy over a proven notorious winner then maybe you don't really want us to go to the next , next , next level.

If you read stories about the most successfull businessmen of our time they all tend to have the same attitude. Look at Steve jobs for example - extreme ****** . but it is what it is.

Sgt Fulham

Its a shame that he has become bitter; I used to find him quite funny. He's lost his way at Utd. I think what happened at Chelsea shook him more than he would admit. What he is saying here seems a backlash to the constant criticism he is getting. Its arrogant, but it is kind of true..

Milo

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 01, 2018, 09:36:51 AM
Its a shame that he has become bitter; I used to find him quite funny. He's lost his way at Utd. I think what happened at Chelsea shook him more than he would admit. What he is saying here seems a backlash to the constant criticism he is getting. Its arrogant, but it is kind of true..

:plus one:

Lighthouse

When you are as good as he is at what he does you can afford to be arrogant. However he is so used to being praised and idolised he has lost the art of rolling with the punches. A smile and a shake of the head will do just as well than quoting philosophers. None of whom ever said throw insults at people along with your toys out of the pram.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 01, 2018, 09:19:54 AM
hahaha i have to say this is amusing. Yes he is arrogant but who isn't when they are at that type of level?

His achievements in football are incredible. He was won basically everything. Won things we can dream of.

saying you would pick Roy over Jose is absolutely insane. Lets be real, Roy is a nice bloke. But has won NOTHING. Yes he did amazing with us and i'll be forever thankful, but if you really would pick roy over a proven notorious winner then maybe you don't really want us to go to the next , next , next level.

If you read stories about the most successfull businessmen of our time they all tend to have the same attitude. Look at Steve jobs for example - extreme ****** . but it is what it is.
I doubt that Mourinho could have done as much for us as Roy did if he had the same limited recourses as Roy.

filham

Remember Mourinho's early days at Chelsea when he always attended matches in expensive tailored overcoats and we greeted him at the Cottage with the chant " Mourinho buys his overcoats at Matiland".

We must welcome him at the Cottage this season with another biting chant.

General

Mourinho is one of the best managers ever.. factually. It's a truth and he seems to loathe and in many regards I feel rightly so political commentators who sit on a sofa or chair and due to the nature of the media mediums they converse by downplay and ignore his achievements where what he's achieved is greater than any of them even dare to dream about.

Think the British press are bloodhounds and acting like the pretentious people they can be. And I've worked in press.

filham

Quote from: General on September 01, 2018, 01:34:50 PM
Mourinho is one of the best managers ever.. factually. It's a truth and he seems to loathe and in many regards I feel rightly so political commentators who sit on a sofa or chair and due to the nature of the media mediums they converse by downplay and ignore his achievements where what he's achieved is greater than any of them even dare to dream about.

Think the British press are bloodhounds and acting like the pretentious people they can be. And I've worked in press.
Because of his attitude he deserves everything he gets from the press.