watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic's Stamina

Started by Plodder, September 01, 2018, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

In the 2 page Mail article it quotes him on his fitness. After training & on days off he is always doing gym work. He explains that his body strength is his main asset. He loves the gym work & it shows. He may look a little weary near the end of games but that is due to the enormous amount of work he gets through during the game. If all the other players did the same amount of fitness work we would have a team of 11 Incredible Hulks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

terryr

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 02, 2018, 12:32:39 AM
Cant be botherd to read the above re stamina. 4 games 4 Goals!

But wouldn't it be nice to add a couple of last minute winners to that tally.

bucksfulham

I can't find any stats on distance covered but I'd bet Mitro covered more metres than any other player for either team.

BlackWhiteArmy

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 02, 2018, 01:06:09 PMSome may laugh, but I actually think that we have a good chance of getting something out of the Man City game because of Mitro. Both Stones and Laporte, although great cbs, are a little bit more lightweight than most of the Premier league cbs. If those two start, we have a chance, however Guardiola could also see that and I think that Kompany will start.

Pretty sure in his first season as a 21? years old he scored for NCU vs CITY in an away game exactly like that, using his strength and destroying their weaker build defenders to put Newcastle ahead, then Aguero scored 5 goals :D  :005:

Shredhead

Quote from: Milo on September 01, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Or simply substitute him for Kamara?
I agree. If we'd brought AK on on Saturday to run at the lumbering Dunk, I think we'd have disrupted them enough to get to the end without losing.
Cyclists know all about keeping energy levels up and I'm surprised footballers aren't given gels in the breaks in the game.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Skatzoffc

Finding the timing of this post, tho entertaining, a tad incongruous.

I was shocked how fit MiTro looked at the start of this season tbh.
I had doubts , due to his post WC holiday, of how fit he would be.
I was very happily surprised.
The hand ball was unfortunate but His defending at corners has been great imo
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MJG

Quote from: Shredhead on September 03, 2018, 05:10:03 PM
Quote from: Milo on September 01, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Or simply substitute him for Kamara?
I agree. If we'd brought AK on on Saturday to run at the lumbering Dunk, I think we'd have disrupted them enough to get to the end without losing.
Cyclists know all about keeping energy levels up and I'm surprised footballers aren't given gels in the breaks in the game.
you do see some players take the energy gels at times. Fredericks always used to take one on about the hour mark, he would leave it on the sideline before second half kicked off.
I have used them In the past and have to say they do seem to work.
Just the views of a long term fan

Count Flapula

Bit of perspective on Mitro's fitness - he came back late to pre season after his break from the WC so was playing catch-up, and his natural muscly / bulky build isn't one that will naturally carry stamina (think of the build of a long distance runner vs a sprinter).

Saying that, hopefully his stamina will build up again in due course through training and regular gameplay.

Shame about his schoolboy error for the handball but given his 4 goals in 4 games so far in the Prem, I've found it in my heart to forgive him. Very generous of me that, I thought!

RogFFC

KJS

Quote from: RogFFC on September 04, 2018, 10:37:10 AM
Mitro is on fire, end of.

To right people should give it a rest criticizing players for working the bloody socks off every game!!