watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic's Stamina

Started by Plodder, September 01, 2018, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

One aspect of Mitrovic's game which he needs to improve is his fitness. In all of the games I have seen him play for Fulham, he looks dead on his feet with about 15 minutes to go, often collapsing with cramp (although this does tend to coincide with games we are winning, which looks like gamesmanship or "game management" if you want the euphemism). He has been an excellent acquisition for us, but good players should always be looking to improve, and in Mitro's case, he needs to build up enough stamina to be an effective contributor for 90 minutes. Not easy to do once the season has started, but Jokanovic could do with building a suitable training regime for Mitro's stamina.

Bassey the warrior

If you look at how much effort he puts in it's understandable and he will continue to improve his stamina.

filham

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 01, 2018, 10:02:26 PM
If you look at how much effort he puts in it's understandable and he will continue to improve his stamina.
Problem is he is a big man and a lot of energy is required to move his frame around the pitch for 90 minutes.
I would suggest Horlicks at bed time but I suspect Jocanovic has never heard of such a beverage.

bornafulhamfan

I watched him when he was at Newcastle and I can guarantee he already improved his fitness. I believe he will get better and better in time.

VancouverWhite

He hustles hard to win the ball back.
I expect his endurance to improve throughout the season but I don't know that it's possible for him to improve much more given his size.

Milo

Or simply substitute him for Kamara?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

2 page feature / interview with Mitro in the Daily Mail today

Explains why Mitro fell out with Rafa but also explains his skills & capabilities
Why he doesn't have the full stamina of an extreme athlete
How hard he trains etc
Why Joka likes him & how he uses / motivates him
An "old fashioned" type of centre forward def not in the Sterling etc type mould
The guy has scored 4 goals in 4 Premiership games for us
A mistake today giving the penalty away?
Our game has to be to outscore many of those teams around us, tighten our defence & spring the occasional shock v the top 6 / 8
First season back in the Prem that wil do nicely
The next 2 weeks off (albeit with some of the team away on duty) gives us more time to gel
COYW!! 

Steeeeeeeeeed

He is a Big Build chap, but although there's room for improvement in his stamina, he does seem to do an awful lot of running around the pitch for a centre forward, maybe being asked to do just a little too much ?

I think he is in pretty good shape for his build really.

Look at the penalty he gave away today, he was back in his own box defending the free kick. Personally, especially with his combative style, I would keep him up the pitch at all times, he does not belong my further back than the centre circle, and is a great outlet if the backs are against the wall.

Possible that that tiredness from a long game in the sunshine today contributed to his error.

HV71

We need his aerial presence at the back -  particularly at corners. He has to do some defending for us.

General

Quote from: Plodder on September 01, 2018, 09:42:31 PM
One aspect of Mitrovic's game which he needs to improve is his fitness. In all of the games I have seen him play for Fulham, he looks dead on his feet with about 15 minutes to go, often collapsing with cramp (although this does tend to coincide with games we are winning, which looks like gamesmanship or "game management" if you want the euphemism). He has been an excellent acquisition for us, but good players should always be looking to improve, and in Mitro's case, he needs to build up enough stamina to be an effective contributor for 90 minutes. Not easy to do once the season has started, but Jokanovic could do with building a suitable training regime for Mitro's stamina.

Reading Brighton's forum and you'd be given a different impression... they thought he bulied their defence and dunk all day and got the better of them.. they thought he was completely class..

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Can't agree with this at all. Mitrovic was superb today - led Dunk and Duffy a merry dance, despite being terribly isolated for much of the game. If anything his fitness and stamina has improved this season.

SuffolkWhite

Cant be botherd to read the above re stamina. 4 games 4 Goals!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

gezkc

When you consider how much ground he covers (tracking back and defending in the box) and the effort of holding up the ball and performing his striking duties, it's no wonder he tires a bit towards the end of the game. Considering what he does, I think his fitness levels are pretty impressive.

Today, I thought he was still performing well after 95 minutes. Certainly as well as anyone else who was on the pitch for the whole match.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: General on September 01, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

Reading Brighton's forum and you'd be given a different impression... they thought he bulied their defence and dunk all day and got the better of them.. they thought he was completely class..

That's because he was class.

RaySmith

He gives his all for the team every game.

I think the pen was harsh, the ball hit his upper shoulder from height.

Mitro is running all game, even active in defence -not sure how tired he gets anyway, he seems super fit to me. The cramp  usually seems like time wasting when we're in front, anyway.

We are so lucky to have him at Fulham.

FishaPrice

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2018, 10:07:35 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 01, 2018, 10:02:26 PM
Problem is he is a big man and a lot of energy is required to move his frame around the pitch for 90 minutes.
I would suggest Horlicks at bed time but I suspect Jocanovic has never heard of such a beverage.

Perhaps he could rub cheese on his aches and pains. Thanks for the laughs Felix.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 02, 2018, 02:33:20 AM

That's because he was class.

He is absolute quality in more ways than one.
If he was fatigued, and looked tired.
It was because he runs himself into the ground and gives his all.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Brilliant player who gives everything every game and of course goals 4in 4,mitros on fire la la la

PokerMatt

This is exactly how I saw it too. They're both gigantic centre-backs - seriously big blokes - and he bullied both of them. Duffy especially could hardly breathe by the end.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 02, 2018, 12:56:48 PM

This is exactly how I saw it too. They're both gigantic centre-backs - seriously big blokes - and he bullied both of them. Duffy especially could hardly breathe by the end.
Some may laugh, but I actually think that we have a good chance of getting something out of the Man City game because of Mitro. Both Stones and Laporte, although great cbs, are a little bit more lightweight than most of the Premier league cbs. If those two start, we have a chance, however Guardiola could also see that and I think that Kompany will start.