watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Awful Fixture Gap

Started by filham, September 02, 2018, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I would love the opportunity to talk to those responsible for the fixture list.
Four weeks between premier league games at The Cottage, is this deliberate or accidental, either way someone should be apologising to us.

Slaphead in Qatar

well part of the gap, the international break, will help us. as long as our international players do not come back injured.

Steven Ageroad

The international break gives Slav a chance to sort his defence out as 95% of the defence will still be at Motspur Park.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 02, 2018, 03:11:10 PM
well part of the gap, the international break, will help us. as long as our international players do not come back injured.
If Mitro or Seri get injured we're in some serious trouble.

Lighthouse

Well as it was brought up. I will once again say that International, be they Friendly or some invented competitions are pointless, annoying and have no interest for me. Qualifying games for World Cups or European equivalent are fine. But the interest is in the domestic competitions. We already have club European cups that are designed to go on forever and have leagues and then knock outs instead of just a straight knock out matches. If you are knocked out of one competition you get put into another one etc etc.

The domestic league cup is almost forgotten about and the F A Cup no longer holds the prestige it once did.

In Internationals stick to the two main competitions without the breaks for friendly matches.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 02, 2018, 03:36:05 PM
The international break gives Slav a chance to sort his defence out as 95% of the defence will still be at Motspur Park.
Interesting, can you name the 5% that will be missing.

filham

In this instance it is not just the international break that is causing us to have a barren spell at the Cottage but the fact that we have consecutive away games either side of the break. Surely that could have been avoided.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2018, 04:22:06 PM
5% of the defensive line,is that somones big toe.
No news on ream is a worry but in Christie,mensah,Chambers Mawson,MLM,Bryan we need this 2 weeks to really work with K Mac and anguissa in front of them.
This is important as slav stating the fact,think we will notice the input of now departed Stuart gray and have an idea of his prowess coaching wise .

MJG

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2018, 04:22:06 PM
Christie and Mensah
Just the views of a long term fan

Denver Fulham

We have both Boxing Day and Dec. 29th at home, and I think we leave London once in a 2-month span between December and February, which is an enormous plus. This is just a quirk of the schedule where we have consecutive away matches with an international break stuck in the middle.