watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Away support at Brighton

Started by DevonFFC, September 02, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

I watched the game on tele and big hats off to the fans that travelled down yesterday.

Could be heard loud and clear on the tele especially when Mitro scored.

It's great to see a sell out allocation at an away game, long may it continue and again great effort

fcfulham55

To do with the Standing. People are much more vocal standing.

Got really behind the lads, could make a huge difference over the season!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

hovewhite

KJS

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 02, 2018, 08:17:30 PM

Personally whilst I appreciate some like to stand it can be a pain for other fans, its no fun for those of an older age or that are vertically challenged especially if they sit behind me as I am 6' 4" !!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on September 03, 2018, 07:16:39 AM

Personally whilst I appreciate some like to stand it can be a pain for other fans, its no fun for those of an older age or that are vertically challenged especially if they sit behind me as I am 6' 4" !!!

People need to get used to it,all away fans at every club stand,its not going to change its the way it is.
And it gives out a much better atmosphere, its a football match not an opera.

Lewes White

Apart from the amazing support at the game, one of my local pubs in Lewes was buzzing and talking to Kathy the landlady she said it was so busy, the first time she can remember actually running out of glasses..!!!! She went on to say the Fulham fans were ALL lovely and are welcome anytime.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 03, 2018, 08:39:22 AM

People need to get used to it,all away fans at every club stand,its not going to change its the way it is.
but not every away fan at every club wants to stand. They still have the same issues we are talking about here. As for fans telling other fans they shouldn't go because they don't want to stand I think that's out of order. What next an age limit? Chuck people out if they don't sing?
Just the views of a long term fan

_Putney_

If you want to sit, ask to move forward of the person standing. Keep doing so until no one else is around.. hardly that difficult. Why should one person who wants/needs to sit ruin it for everyone else?

MJG

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 03, 2018, 09:13:33 AM
If you want to sit, ask to move forward of the person standing. Keep doing so until no one else is around.. hardly that difficult. Why should one person who wants/needs to sit ruin it for everyone else?
why should the person who wants to sit in a stand with seats be the instigator of that?

jelmo

Could just call the ticket hotline and request a seat in the front row if you dont want to stand. Also, standing certainly does give a better atmosphere and I think this translates to the players eg - 2nd leg playoff against Derby. When away from home the players need this level of support.

MJG

Quote from: jelmo on September 03, 2018, 09:47:20 AM
Could just call the ticket hotline and request a seat in the front row if you dont want to stand. Also, standing certainly does give a better atmosphere and I think this translates to the players eg - 2nd leg playoff against Derby. When away from home the players need this level of support.
Its a crap view in the front row. Why should someone who wants to sit have to take that?

I know I'm playing devils advocate here but its just not as easy as people say about moving to somewhere in a stand, especially a packed one like Saturday. You're in the middle of a row and want o sit, you come out of it looking for seats and there is nowhere to go, where do you start.

The Trust inbox gets as many complaints about people sitting as it does standing, I don't buy the view that everyone wants to stand at a game. I asked on another thread why at grounds over last four years where space has been ok why more people sit than stand? If it was so popular then you would have seen more of it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 03, 2018, 08:39:22 AM

It's not an Opera did you say, that's where I have going wrong, there's me wearing my best top hat and tails, and my wife In her evening gown, no wonder every one was laughing at us, that explains it.
Nevertheless, Opera or Football, We still wish to sit down in the seats we paid for.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

I am totally in favour of safe standing areas . However it is currently a legal requirement for stadia in the top flights to be all seater - fact. Fact 2 you purchase a seat . Fact 3 it is the right of the seat holder to be able to sit . The rest of you are deluded if you think you are in the  ' right' . I empathise with your problem - but that is exactly what it is / your problem / not the people who want to sit . Or are you advocating that we all just do as we please and ignore the rules society has laid down . By all means campaign to change them - but flaunting them at the expense of others is not a civilised response.

jelmo

Quote from: MJG on September 03, 2018, 09:53:40 AM
Quote from: jelmo on September 03, 2018, 09:47:20 AM
Its a crap view in the front row. Why should someone who wants to sit have to take that?

I know I'm playing devils advocate here but its just not as easy as people say about moving to somewhere in a stand, especially a packed one like Saturday. You're in the middle of a row and want o sit, you come out of it looking for seats and there is nowhere to go, where do you start.

The Trust inbox gets as many complaints about people sitting as it does standing, I don't buy the view that everyone wants to stand at a game. I asked on another thread why at grounds over last four years where space has been ok why more people sit than stand? If it was so popular then you would have seen more of it.

I understand the argument about the view being crap but I can't think of another option for people that dont want to sit. People will always stand at away games and that is realistically not going to change anytime soon. So the only option is to get a front row ticket or a ticket at the front of a tier. Maybe give elderly fans the option to purchase these tickets first? eg either at the very front or at the front of a tier. Could be an option maybe?

Wolf

Perhaps very clearly allocating the top quarter of the away section, demarked by some tape, for those who wish to stand would keep the standers in a defined area and enable those that don't wish to stand to sit up to the third-quarter of elevation and enjoy a decent view.

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Ronnief

Brighton is a well designed stadium with good comfortable seats.  The view of the pitch was excellent in all positions in the away end.  Every time we attacked the away end I had to stand to see what was happening.  I was only two rows below the disabled area.  I'm not sure they were able to see clearly when everyone stood up, is that fair?  Safety is also an issue and until safe standing areas are installed in specific areas then standing should be discouraged for the benefit of all.  Its no good saying its safe to stand, should an incident occur and people fall a disaster could occur.  We certainly don't want a major disaster to occur again in the future.

I am in favour of safe standing areas and have written to 2 MP.s and the Minister of sport about it.

Woolly Mammoth

Confucius say, " you never see a stand up comedian sitting down ". " Anymore that you see a man with two broken legs standing up ". 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

_Putney_

Quote from: MJG on September 03, 2018, 09:27:32 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on September 03, 2018, 09:13:33 AM
why should the person who wants to sit in a stand with seats be the instigator of that?
The seats fold up don't they?

I Ronic

Clubs couldnt tape off or designate areas as it's seating only and they would be breaking rules. It's tolerated as it would be a nightmare to actually enforce. All you could hope for is a gentlemens agreement amongest the away fans, on social media maybe?

_Putney_

Quote from: HV71 on September 03, 2018, 10:52:47 AM
I am totally in favour of safe standing areas . However it is currently a legal requirement for stadia in the top flights to be all seater - fact. Fact 2 you purchase a seat . Fact 3 it is the right of the seat holder to be able to sit . The rest of you are deluded if you think you are in the  ' right' . I empathise with your problem - but that is exactly what it is / your problem / not the people who want to sit . Or are you advocating that we all just do as we please and ignore the rules society has laid down . By all means campaign to change them - but flaunting them at the expense of others is not a civilised response.
It's a legal requirement to have a seat, not that the fan must sit.