more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri wins BBC and Premier League GOM

Started by gang, September 02, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Seri has won the BBC goal of the month.

Also the Premier League goal of the month.

Barrett487

No Arsenal goal to take it this time!

Great goal :)

nose returns

well deserved brilliant goal
mind you I happened to think it was an extremely good bunch so made the result even more special. shame we do not get any league points for it.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Wonderful goal, very much appreciated by the pro's who Judge these things.

If there was an award for "assist of the month" he would have won that yesterday for that delicious dink to Schurrle for the first.

So lucky to have him IMO.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

Brilliant business by Tony Khan and co.

G_Gribby

Another detail for me that should be rewarded was Vietto after the assist to Seri. When he delivered the ball he gets himself directly and fast in front of the goal to be an alternative for a pass or to pick up an return if there was one. That´s a good footballer for me.

I love Fulham!
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Holders

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 03, 2018, 01:38:13 AM
Wonderful goal, very much appreciated by the pro's who Judge these things.

If there was an award for "assist of the month" he would have won that yesterday for that delicious dink to Schurrle for the first.

So lucky to have him IMO.

Yes, it was truly delightful. He's fast become a favourite with me.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

I still cannot believe Serri won! I mean this is Fulham. When Kasami failed to win I thought we would never win. He looks to be a rather special player. Brilliant signing!

092.gif

Holders

Bog, you have a short memory! Alan Mullery won goal of the season in about 1972, after that Fulham shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Fernhurst

Remember that pass by Barry Lloyd from left midfield to Alan and met on the volley, powered by Alan's massive thigh muscles.
Went in like a tornado missile.

Our pitch looked terrible that day.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Holders on September 03, 2018, 09:00:00 AM
Bog, you have a short memory! Alan Mullery won goal of the season in about 1972, after that Fulham shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Holders, I am sorry my posting suggested that! I meant in the modern day. I would NEVER forget that goal. How could I! If the shot had missed the goal it would still have been going.

092.gif

Stevieboy

Shilton in goal if I remember  correctly.....

Holders

Quote from: bog on September 03, 2018, 09:27:21 AM
Quote from: Holders on September 03, 2018, 09:00:00 AM

Holders, I am sorry my posting suggested that! I meant in the modern day. I would NEVER forget that goal. How could I! If the shot had missed the goal it would still have been going.

092.gif

Only teasing! I meant that after 46 years they might just feel that they could grant us a little credit.

I can't remember if Shilton was in goal but I was right behind it. There was debate as to whether Lloyd meant the cross or just mis-hit it.

Fulham1959

I watched the 'candidate' goals last night and was astonished that Seri won - being Fulham, of course, but there were some really good goals to choose from (as you might expect).

Mince n Tatties

Stevieboy

FA Cup 4th Round, drew 1-1 at the Cottage, lost replay 2-1 at Filbert Street. We were Div 2.

Mike the White

In addition to the goal of the month, he got a place on Premiership team of the weekend.  They're beginning to take note of us at last !!

bog

If I recall correctly I think Steve Earle played for them that day?  :022:

As for Muller's goal I saw Martin Shaw being interviewed once and he said he had been at the Cottage for some reason just before that game and had been watching Mullers practicing shooting. Everyone rocketed into the net and he said he thought he would never do one like those in a match....   

092.gif

Fulham Joe

Might help to explain why I've always said that Alan Mullery was the best penalty taker I've ever seen.