watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why wasn't Ryan Fredericks retained?

Started by AnOldBrownie, September 09, 2018, 08:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

I'm sorry if this topic was discussed previously.   

In the short time I've been following the club I've noticed how important his pace and attacks were to the squad last season. 

I know Timothy Fosu-Mensah has almost as much pace, and I know that Christie is also a possible RB starter...but Ive watched 5 of last seasons matches (all with Ryan starting) and he was one of the more consistent components of the team.   

He was young...fast...and liked to get on the front foot.    He also played good defense.

Why in the world would Fulham let him go?

hovewhite

Went for big wages and sighning on fee that's why

colinwhite

Not worth the money he was demanding. lots of pace ,yes but reckless at times and the jury is out on whether or not he is good enough to step up to the big league defensively.

sunburywhite

PLus always a yellow/red card waiting to happen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AllyWhite

Plus he's one of the worst performers at Wet Spam now for all of their 4 losses, so it looks like we've dodged a bullet.

Andy S

Is he doing well at Wet spam? No not really although it can take players a long time to adjust to moving up a level. Moving to a new club as well is a recipe for difficult days. I wish him well but he made a poor decision to leave in my opinion

res

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 09, 2018, 08:34:27 AM
I'm sorry if this topic was discussed previously.   

In the short time I've been following the club I've noticed how important his pace and attacks were to the squad last season. 

I know Timothy Fosu-Mensah has almost as much pace, and I know that Christie is also a possible RB starter...but Ive watched 5 of last seasons matches (all with Ryan starting) and he was one of the more consistent components of the team.   

He was young...fast...and liked to get on the front foot.    He also played good defense.

Why in the world would Fulham let him go?

Because his contract ran out and he refused to sign a new one unless he became the highest paid player at the club. Given what Fulham have given him, I thought it showed a lack of class...I'm not sure he will cut it in the Premiership, has been found out in his first few games at West Ham although it's still early days.

Bill2

Lets not forget he was the only outfield player not to score in2016/17 and again last season.

Jamie88

Quote from: AllyWhite on September 09, 2018, 09:13:39 AM
Plus he's one of the worst performers at Wet Spam now for all of their 4 losses, so it looks like we've dodged a bullet.

Dodged a bullet suggests he would've performed terrible for us and I don't think that would've been the case. Slav knew how to use his pace to our advantage. He looks out of sorts at Wet Spam and a bad fit whereas he was a perfect fit for us

elgreenio

kind of hard for anybody to look good at West Ham at the moment isnt it really?
the exact opposite of his own preseason performances
touch my camera through the fence

gang

Quote from: colinwhite on September 09, 2018, 09:03:28 AM
Not worth the money he was demanding. lots of pace ,yes but reckless at times and the jury is out on whether or not he is good enough to step up to the big league defensively.

That's correct although Kahn thought we had an extension clause in his contract which was not the case.

Holders

Quote from: gang on September 09, 2018, 11:10:51 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on September 09, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

That's correct although Kahn thought we had an extension clause in his contract which was not the case.

Well he was bought in the Khan era so, if he really didn't know that,  he should have.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tabby

Gets paid more at West Ham than he would here (sign on bonus), probably had his head turned before the insane run of form during spring when we looked nowhere near promotion.

He also went to a team that has been pretty safely in the Prem for years and had gotten in a big name manager. He isn't a loyal player, he left Bristol City for us after a couple of weeks.

Denver Fulham

He ran his contract down, got a big offer elsewhere and wanted to see if Fulham would match it. Same as anyone else does in employment.

I thank Ryan for his service to the club, and wish him luck at West Ham except when they play us.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Fredericks was talking about leaving well before the end of the season and this  talk about wanting to be the best paid player was only in response to our last ditch efforts efforts to keep him.

He had made his mind up for some reason and nothing would change his mind.

Barrett487

I can't help feeling that he would have tracked back to cover Murray's first goal. Fredericks worked hard when he needed to and had a good engine on him. People point out that he had a card or two in him, but i remember many well-timed tackles and a lot of tracking back.

I think career-wise he made a mistake following the money, because he suited our style of play. He'll struggle at WHU, imo, and maybe he'll rue his decision.

bog

I heard him interviewed after the play off final and he sounded as if he had the 'ump then, I thought that he would be on his way and he was. Ryan who?

092.gif

HV71

Quote from: bog on September 09, 2018, 08:38:02 PM
I heard him interviewed after the play off final and he sounded as if he had the 'ump then, I thought that he would be on his way and he was. Ryan who?

092.gif

He showed his true colours in that interview Bog - good riddance

St Eve

Southcoastffc

He was a good player for us, fulfilled his contract, his agent secured (presumably) a more lucrative deal than we wanted to offer. Good for him. I thank him for what he did for us and wish him well, but he has gone to a basket case of a club.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.