watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To much respect or fear

Started by DevonFFC, September 22, 2018, 02:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

From what I have seen from out matches this season we are either playing with far to much respect to our competitors or is it fear.

We have conceded far to early too often, this has to stop because unlike the championship where we could come back from a goal down we are against much better opponents.

I'm not panicking as you can see we have the individual cogs to do alright but at present they are not all turning in the same direction or slotting in.

All in all a good draw which we could have been dead and buried in the first 45

The Old Count

We came back well in the second half. We're much beter with Zambo sitting in front of the defence. With him starting and Ream back I'm hopeful we'll be less fragile. With TC back we'll be more inventive in midfield.
Does Seri look a little of colour? Maybe the weather's getting to him early.

Mince n Tatties

Respect I think like we gave City last week.
Wolves never gave them any.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Old Count on September 22, 2018, 02:36:46 PM
We came back well in the second half. We're much beter with Zambo sitting in front of the defence. With him starting and Ream back I'm hopeful we'll be less fragile. With TC back we'll be more inventive in midfield.

Him and Odoi been I'll all week,that's why Dennis didn't start.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 22, 2018, 02:39:06 PM

What kind of illness is I'll and who suffers from it, is it contagious, and will it go away, is there a cure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Too relaxed.

Joka have to think of a proper pre-game warm up and fiery pep talk.

Jamie88

I dont think its too much respect or fear. I think we've got a team who aren't a unit coupled with the fact that we are constanlty misplacing passes and have a defence that is all over the place.

When we attack we still look good (when we arent wasting possesion that is)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2018, 02:47:36 PM

What kind of illness is I'll and who suffers from it, is it contagious, and will it go away, is there a cure.

lol...Blame the rain at the match for my typing.

Lighthouse

Chambers and Mawson were just bullied in the first half. Looked like kids trying to play against the seniors and failing.  Although Mawson did make some last minute interceptions and tackles. Not a clue what Chambers brings to the table. But having complained in the past about poor tactics and team selection from our Coach. He got it bang on in the second half. Although I didn't think so with the second half double sub at half time. Good job I didn't say anything. Odoi changed the game.

Plus our midfield were non existent in the first half. Seemed clueless.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Quote from: ..FOF.. on September 22, 2018, 02:47:36 PM
Too relaxed.

Joka have to think of a proper pre-game warm up and fiery pep talk.

I agree. Especially when we have a midfield including Johansen and mcdonald.. we have a tendency to have far too much confidence and play the ball far too slowly. The technical skills is there but the urgency and speed needs to pick up.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 22, 2018, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2018, 02:47:36 PM

lol...Blame the rain at the match for my typing.

Yes I often bring my typewriter to the match also. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

Beginning to think Johansen & KMac going to struggle at this level.  They simply don't get the time they need.  Think Zambo is going to be awesome.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

hovewhite

Quote from: MikeW on September 22, 2018, 03:24:36 PM
Beginning to think Johansen & KMac going to struggle at this level.  They simply don't get the time they need.  Think Zambo is going to be awesome.
yes zambo has to start.

The Old Count

Didn't know that. That explains it.

Tonywa

Quote from: MikeW on September 22, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

That could have been anticipated in advance surely. KMac sadly too slow and Johansen simply doesn't have the skill or pace at top level.