watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney

Started by bornafulhamfan, September 22, 2018, 07:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I think he is badly missed. Seri, although probably the better player isn't as good leader as is Tom. Tom is the true heartbeat of our team imo.

One James stannard

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 22, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
I think he is badly missed. Seri, although probably the better player isn't as good leader as is Tom. Tom is the true heartbeat of our team imo.

Tom cairney is many things but I would never call him a leader

fulhamben

Quote from: One James stannard on September 22, 2018, 08:31:59 PM

Yes, I keep hearing this, and yet the last few seasons we have looked pants without him and been successful with him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One James stannard

Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2018, 08:37:23 PM

Yes, I keep hearing this, and yet the last few seasons we have looked pants without him and been successful with him.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Tom in our team than not, he is a fantastic footballer but I don't feel amongst his many talents a leader is one.
I've never understood why he is made captain when quite clearly k Mac gives out all the encouragement/instructions.

fulhamben

Quote from: One James stannard on September 22, 2018, 08:42:20 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2018, 08:37:23 PM
that would be kmac who was subbed at half time. Can't be a good captain if you are not on the pitch. Tom leads by example and we have had 2 fantastic years under his stewardship,and long may it continue

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Tom in our team than not, he is a fantastic footballer but I don't feel amongst his many talents a leader is one.
I've never understood why he is made captain when quite clearly k Mac gives out all the encouragement/instructions.

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I never really thought that Tom was good captain material but now that I have grown accustomed to the idea I think he is making quite a good job of it.

Wish he was fit and back playing, it would help us so much.

bornafulhamfan

Imo there are two types of leaders and both are really good captain choices. The first type is the vocal leader, like Kmac and second one is the type of leader like Cairney. When the team is hopeless they pass the ball to him and he tries to find a solution. Great example of this kind of leadership/captainship is Messi, who is even less vocal than Cairney but still a good captain imo. Someone you can always rely on. I don't know if you know what I'm trying to say, but I hope you do.

Stevieboy

Agree, he leads by example and pushes players by bringing them into the game.