watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Hilarious goal conceded by Brentford v Derby this weekend

Started by Southcoastffc, September 24, 2018, 10:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Those who mock should mock with care!

I would say that Brentford fans could find one hilarious goal in each of our games this season!

Fulham76

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 24, 2018, 07:02:54 PM

I would say that Brentford fans could find one hilarious goal in each of our games this season!

Very true but still pretty funny 😂

Lighthouse

I was going to say a typical Fulham corner. The only pleasure I get from seeing this is knowing every club has its poor corners, awful misses and bad moments. That is why football is entertaining. But I certainly am not happy because it happens to be Brentford. Just pleased every club has its moments.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham 442

Exactly, it was pretty funny, something that could end up in one of the football blooper combination dvds!  And as far as Brentford fans go they probably laugh hysterically when anyone scores against us. I sat next to a Brentford fan on a train before we went to Wembley and to say he wanted us to lose was an understatement!

Andy S

Although professionals should not make basic mistakes that you would find from children who are learning the game

bobbo

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 25, 2018, 07:13:25 AM

Exactly, it was pretty funny, something that could end up in one of the football blooper combination dvds!  And as far as Brentford fans go they probably laugh hysterically when anyone scores against us. I sat next to a Brentford fan on a train before we went to Wembley and to say he wanted us to lose was an understatement!

how immature of that fan, I really think I'm alone on here wanting all three of our local clubs to win. Unless they are playing us.      Must be an age thing , am I soft on my old age ?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

Bobbo the Brentford fan I encountered was not young.  He was at least in his 70's.  His hatred was astonishing, he was almost spitting with rage so much so I thought he was going to have heart failure.  I tried calming the situation with humour to start with but gave up and moved seats!

cookieg

There but for the grace of god go we!!

I'm amazed the Brentford player didn't take one for the team and bring the Derby player down in the Brentford half, it looks as if he did all he could to avoid any contact. Unless he was already on a yellow then he should have committed the foul.

bobbo

442 / I'm quite proud I don't behave that way and I'm in my seventies.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

Bobbo I quite often travel to games on my own and have to say I have never encountered anything like that before from any opposition fans and on most occasions where they has been any interaction between us it has been polite chat or a bit of banter.  I like to think he was definitely in the minority.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 25, 2018, 12:55:00 PM
Bobbo the Brentford fan I encountered was not young.  He was at least in his 70's.  His hatred was astonishing, he was almost spitting with rage so much so I thought he was going to have heart failure.  I tried calming the situation with humour to start with but gave up and moved seats!

You obviously took the wrong tact there then, wind him up a little more and there would have been one less Brentford fan who hates us!

Only kidding - he might have seen the light and become a Fulham fan though!  :003:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

On the same subject, I was pleasantly surprised (and grateful) when a couple of years back on a visit back home I took the missus for Pie & Mash. Unfortunately I could only find one on the Goldhawk Road, Zippys I think it was, and as it was match day, we were wearing our tops.
Needless to say, 12 noon on a Saturday by the Market was an experience, but if looks could kill, it would have been a corpse writing this!!   :dft011:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Whitesideup

Quote from: bobbo on September 25, 2018, 12:48:47 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 25, 2018, 07:13:25 AM

how immature of that fan, I really think I'm alone on here wanting all three of our local clubs to win. Unless they are playing us.      Must be an age thing , am I soft on my old age ?

I agree, but it does depend a bit on how they are playing. I think both Brentford and Chelsea are worthy of our respect at the  moment because of the way they are playing. (The same principle can apply in reverse -  I don't favour Middlesborough because of the Pulis game plan; I don't like Cardiff because of Colin's tactics and the way he tries to influence refs.)  Now you mentioned a third team .. do they play league football?  perhaps Hayes and Yeading FC?   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 25, 2018, 02:00:34 PM
Bobbo I quite often travel to games on my own and have to say I have never encountered anything like that before from any opposition fans and on most occasions where they has been any interaction between us it has been polite chat or a bit of banter.  I like to think he was definitely in the minority.

I have nothing whatsoever against Brentford.
If he had been watching the game on TV, i wonder how he felt when that final whistle blew at Wembley, and we were on our way to Premier League.
It's a pity you didn't make a note of his phone number, you could have given him a call, and ask him how he felt, now that we are now where he will never be, and approaching 200 million English pounds as a prize.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.