watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hmmmm what now for Sess ?

Started by Riversider, September 25, 2018, 10:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

By all acounts Joe Bryan has had another good game tonight at left back, if so he surely must start there on Saturday,
If he does where does this leave Sess, Jokanovic appears desperate to include him but does he deserve to be in the starting line up ?
For me, we look a better more balanced side without him.

Aaron

I've had this feeling all season.

Seeing him selected at LB made me think he would struggle to hold down a place in the team this season. Hopefully he'll hit a run of form at just the right time, but as crazy as it kinda feels like he's surplus to requirements just now.

BedsFFC

He's 18 having his very early first taste of the Premier league, which is giving him fantastic experience. He looks every bit a Premier league player. If that's a bench player for a while, I'm sure nobody will lose any sleep over it, especialy Ryan himself

DevonFFC

Problem is we have to keep him happy, end the day he is a huge asset to the club.

He only has 2 years left on his contract and we canny afford for him to run that that down and ideally want him to sign a new one, which he will not do if he isn't playing.

brightster

Well tonight Bryan played wing back, as we more or less played a back 3, this was Millwall we played not not City or Watford! Sess IMO has played well in both games at left back.

hovewhite

Sess at LB is performing well ,but competion is healthy.

snarks

grandad

Great to have the same problems as the "big" clubs have in deciding who to leave out. Glad it´s not my problem. Best of luck Slavisa as it is tough at the top.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

No player is bigger than the goal of staying in the PL.

No need to keep players "happy".

Only criteria should be Best Player To Get Result.

Riversider

Quote from: Robbie on September 26, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
No player is bigger than the goal of staying in the PL.

No need to keep players "happy".

Only criteria should be Best Player To Get Result.

This 100%

Andy S

The. Prem is a hard lesson to learn for Slav for Sess and for Bryan

uninformed

For me he´s wasted at left-back. Let him develop his attacking game, he´s only 18.

2 from Sessegnon, Schurrle and Vietto to start, buzzing around Mitro. With the other on the bench.

filham

He now has strong competition up front but has to realise it would be even tougher at a top six club, at his age he must be satisfied with irregular appearances.

humussapiens

Quote from: uninformed on September 26, 2018, 09:58:44 AM
For me he´s wasted at left-back. Let him develop his attacking game, he´s only 18.

2 from Sessegnon, Schurrle and Vietto to start, buzzing around Mitro. With the other on the bench.

Something like 4-2-3-1 like in second half against Watford:

Say:

Betinelli

Fosu-Mensah  Mawson Odoi Bryan

Seri Cairney

Sessegnon Schurrle Vietto

Mitro

But we might be thin in the midfield...

nose returns

sess is better than bryan. and whilst bryan is a good signing I have not been blown away by him. he is an OK LB, I understood why sess has been prefered. sess can play upfield and I am not sure schurlle is good enough for an automatic start.

as was said, competiton should be healthy.

toshes mate

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 25, 2018, 10:32:45 PM
He's 18 having his very early first taste of the Premier league, which is giving him fantastic experience. He looks every bit a Premier league player. If that's a bench player for a while, I'm sure nobody will lose any sleep over it, especialy Ryan himself
Absolutely agree.  Young Ryan wouldn't wish for anything less than a highly competitive squad especially if SJ could select any eleven he cared to and deliver a win.  All of us should wish for that.

Bassey the warrior

No need for the melodrama, he will play plenty of games and most likely in a variety of positions. The squad should be picked on merit and he will understand he needs to work hard to keep his place.

itombomb

Quote from: humussapiens on September 26, 2018, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: uninformed on September 26, 2018, 09:58:44 AM

Something like 4-2-3-1 like in second half against Watford:

Say:

Betinelli

Fosu-Mensah  Mawson Odoi Bryan

Seri Cairney

Sessegnon Schurrle Vietto

Mitro

But we might be thin in the midfield...
If Cairney isn't fit that is the team (from midfield onwards) I pick with Anguissa in midfield.

If Cairney is fit then one of Sess or Vietto to drop to the bench.

IKnowNothing

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 26, 2018, 01:12:28 PM
No need for the melodrama, he will play plenty of games and most likely in a variety of positions. The squad should be picked on merit and he will understand he needs to work hard to keep his place.
Almost the exact same situation with Raheem Sterling as a teenager. Worked hard in training and became undroppable. Attacking mid left and right, striker, left and right back, you name it. I actually think Sess has more potential. Better defender and instinctual touch around the box. Things that are very hard to teach. He's going to be a monster if he keeps his head down and works hard.

uninformed

Quote from: IKnowNothing on September 27, 2018, 02:42:10 AM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 26, 2018, 01:12:28 PM
Almost the exact same situation with Raheem Sterling as a teenager. Worked hard in training and became undroppable. Attacking mid left and right, striker, left and right back, you name it. I actually think Sess has more potential. Better defender and instinctual touch around the box. Things that are very hard to teach. He's going to be a monster if he keeps his head down and works hard.

Me too. Sess makes better contact with the ball when he strikes it than Sterling does. His  playoff goal vs Derby for example, Sterling doesn't have that kind of technique.