watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the 15th November 1991 (Video)

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 26, 2018, 01:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham went crashing out to Hayes in the FA Cup by 2 goals to 0.

For some, and if you were at the game, this was the lowest point of any fans supporting history.

Although Hayes packed out the Putney end, it was said, that a few QPR and Chelsea helped them on that evening.

Where you there? If so, please share your experiences.

Russianrob

Has there ever been a more shameful Fulham performance tha this? Wasn't at the game but the only time I might have denied being a supporter!

thebumponleroyshead

I remember loads of Chelsea in the Putney end and have never seen such a constant amount of ejections I'm assuming for disorderly but it was incessant obviously the police recognized a few from Stamford Bridge.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Camel Club

I was there and it remains the most humiliated I've ever felt as a Fulham supporter. We lost a couple of home games 5-0 and 6-0 fairly close together against Chester and Port Vale (I think) during the dark late 80s where we completely capitulated in the second halves of both games,  but that night against Hayes was awful. I have felt more down after losing (the second leg of the play off semi against Bristol Rovers in 1989 springs to mind) but I can't remember being embarrassed before or since. I can still see the headlines and pictures in my mind's eye from the following morning.

Texas White

Yes I was their. Awful experience. My Dad was the Hayes chairman. He was so conflicted with the result. He loved Fulham and it broke his heart that we lost to Hayes.

Sir Alec of good Stock

bill taylors apprentice

I was there and it was about this time I was having family issues, was absorbed with another sport and this game almost finished me attending games.

I'd blotted it from my memory until seeing this today, thanks!

Wall of White

I had also successfully blotted it out and honestly had no recollection of how they scored - till now!!

But I was also at Gander Green Lane when Coventry (who I think were top tier at the time) lost to Sutton and I guess every club has its own malecdote.

Lighthouse

Doesn't come close to being the worst result or making  me feel humiliated at the time. Every week was a humiliating experience in those days. This game came as no shock at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vinnieffc

I was there. Attendance just over 1100  I think. The surprise was it wasn't a surprise.  Left 10 mins early to walk back to East Acton for a beer in the Bush. Was disappointed but not shell-shocked.  That's how it was then I  suppose..

nose returns

i was there. saw it coming for years of neglect.
hiwever, these things happen and there have always been giant killings. i prefer to think of wembley in may and beating aston villa.

Vinnieffc

Just watched it and no way were there 6.5k there..

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Vinnieffc on September 26, 2018, 05:51:39 PM
Just watched it and no way were there 6.5k there..

I was there and there was all day long, Hayes had 2500+. One of the biggest crowds that season, I started off in the enclosure which was more populated than usual then transfered through to the Hammersmith end,  Saw a few Hayes Chelsea I knew getting slung out

Milo

More recent but also in the FA cup was that woeful rainy evening against Sheffield United when we lost in extra time back in 2014.

Southdowns White

I remember going to work the next day and facing the Brentford supporter who was also there supporting Hayes that night with his mates. I didn't get too wound up as I always support the underdog although would never travel to support my rivals opposition.

filham

I remember a worse moment when we dropped below Torquay in the fourth division to put us a short step from being out of the football league.
I actually wrote to Jimmy Hill at the time expressing my disappointment. I received a frank response from him explaining our financial predicament at the time but encouraging me to continue to support the club. Great man Jimmy, his letter was dated 21st Feb 1996 and hinted that we really needed financial aid from an outside source, which would be welcome, and unless this arrived we would continue on our present course.

Looking back now it seems as if Jimmy was looking into the future for the arrival of MAF.

Andy S

What doom and gloom. I thought i had forgotten this.Awful times

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: filham on September 27, 2018, 06:48:18 PM
I remember a worse moment when we dropped below Torquay in the fourth division to put us a short step from being out of the football league.
I actually wrote to Jimmy Hill at the time expressing my disappointment. I received a frank response from him explaining our financial predicament at the time but encouraging me to continue to support the club. Great man Jimmy, his letter was dated 21st Feb 1996 and hinted that we really needed financial aid from an outside source, which would be welcome, and unless this arrived we would continue on our present course.

Looking back now it seems as if Jimmy was looking into the future for the arrival of MAF.
Torquay were 92nd in the Football League and we were 91st before the game which we lost 2-1, but it was a pivotal moment in the history of the club as Ian Branfoot was sacked and replaced by Micky Adams and on the following Tuesday, in his first game in charge, we drew 0-0 at Doncaster Rovers with a really strong performance and grew from there.