watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (27/09/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 27, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'I was always going to stay': Ryan Sessegnon insists he was focused on Fulham despite interest from Premier League clubs last summer

Ryan Sessegnon claims there is only one place he wants to play his football
    Fulham star was in high demand after taking them back to the Premier League
    He wants to continue to repay manager Slavisa Jokanovic's faith in him

Ryan Sessegnon has dismissed suggestions he was going to leave Fulham in the summer, claiming there is only one place he wants to be.

The England youth starlet was in huge demand after leading the Cottagers back into the top flight.

But the 18-year-old rejected all advances to help Fulham on their return to the Premier League for the first time in four years.

Ryan Sessegnon has dismissed suggestions he was going to leave Fulham in the summer

The teenager admits that there was only one place he wanted to play his football

'I was always going to stay [at Fulham]. I was always focused on staying and playing for Fulham,' Sessegnon told the Mirror.

'It's the one club I know. I feel very comfortable at Fulham at the moment, and just minutes on the pitch. I just wanted to play.'

Last season's Championship Player of the Year also paid tribute to his manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, who handed him his senior debut in the EFL Cup two years ago.

The teenager believes he has repaid the faith shown in him over the past two seasons, but is determined to keep up his end of the bargain.

Sessegnon paid tribute to manager Slavisa Jokanovic and wants to repay his faith

'We have a good relationship, I have been working with him since I was 16 so we have built a good relationship till now and he helps me a lot,' Sessegnon continued.

'I think you can see that from my debut season till now, I think I've improved and that's purely down to him and the faith and confidence he's shown in me.

'The game time [he's given me]. He believes in me and I repay him with good performances.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6209119/Ryan-Sessegnon-insists-going-stay-Fulham.html

WhiteJC

The FA insisted on three major conditions before 'agreeing to sale of Wembley'

The sale of Wembley Stadium moves a step closer

The Football Association have reportedly agreed terms over the £600m sale of Wembley to Shahid Khan, owner of Fulham and NFL franchise, Jacksonville Jaguars.

Talks about the potential sale of the national stadium have been ongoing since April and The Financial Times now report that an agreement has been reached by both parties. The terms must now be approved at an FA board meeting, scheduled for Thursday.

Interestingly, English football's governing body are said to have insisted on a number of conditions to the sale before arriving at an agreement with Khan. Three of these conditions have been reported:

Wembley will continue to host major international and domestic matches.
    No sponsor will be allowed to gain naming rights to the stadium.
    The FA will also have 'buy back' rights if Khan is ever convicted of crime or arrested.

The agreement will now need to be unanimously backed by the FA board members on Thursday. Should this be the case, details of the sale will be presented to a larger FA council, made up of representatives from clubs across the different tiers of English football - from the Premier League down to amateur clubs.

Pakistani-American business tycoon Khan has a net worth exceeding £6 billion. His bid for Wembley has been prompted by his desire to launch a London-based NFL team which would play its home games at the stadium.

In recent years, Wembley has already hosted numerous NFL London fixtures, including Jacksonville's game with the Baltimore Ravens last September.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-fa-wembley-khan-201368

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott: Who is Fulham wonderkid? Can Whites fight off Chelsea, Barcelona interest?

HARVEY ELLIOTT made history last night by becoming the youngest player in League Cup history.

Fulham wonderkid Elliott replaced Floyd Ayite in the 81st minute of the 3-1 Carabao Cup win against Millwall.

The attacking midfielder, at the age of 15 years and 174 days, also became the youngest player to make a first-team appearance for the Premier League club.

Elliott is also the first player born in the year 2003 to play in English football, but who is he?

Starsport brings you everything you need to know about the latest prospect coming through Fulham's impressive youth academy.

Harvey Elliott: What has Slavisa Jokanovic said?

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic included Elliott in his squad for the warm-weather training camp in Spain during the recent international break.

Jokanovic tipped England youth international Elliott for a bright future after the trip but it was still a surprise to see the 15-year-old named on the bench for last night's Carabao Cup win at Millwall.

Joe Bryan fired Fulham into an early lead before Luca de la Torre doubled the lead after the break.

Millwall forward Tom Elliott - no relation - threatened a comeback before Cyrus Christie settled the tie with a cracking strike.

Harvey Elliott: The 15-year-old became Fulham's youngest-ever player last night

Harvey Elliott: The wonderkid replaced Floyd Ayite against Millwall

Jokanovic then used the two-goal cushion to bring on Elliott as a late substitute.

He enjoyed a few touches on the flank during his minutes on the pitch.

Midfielder Matt O'Riley, a 17-year-old who has also been tipped for the top, was also given a run out in the final minutes.

Speaking about Elliott, Jokanovic said: "I don't know if I use a wrong word in English but he is arrogant and positive.

"The kid shows personality, when he tells me: 'I want to show you I am a very good player.' I say: 'OK. If you can show me, I give you this opportunity.'

"He has made a few trainings with us. We believe the future can be bright for him."

Jokanovic also revealed Elliott had sat school exams earlier in the day.

"He must be at school [on Wednesday] morning," the gaffer said. "He had some exams [earlier on Tuesday].

"He didn't know [he might play], I didn't want to put him in any trouble. I gave him the opportunity to test himself at this level."

Harvey Elliott: Which clubs fancy signing him?

Any talented teenager is likely to attract transfer interest during their formative years - and Elliott is no different.

The Evening Standard reporter earlier this month that Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund all fancy snapping him up.

Harvey Elliott: Fulham have a number of hot prospects including Luca de la Torre

Harvey Elliott: Will he stay at Fulham?

All the signs point towards Elliott sticking around at Craven Cottage.

Fulham have given a number of opportunities to young players during Slavisa Jokanovic's reign.

Ryan Sessegnon is the most famous example but de la Torre, Steven Sessegnon, Matt O'Riley, Tayo Edun and Stephen Humphrys have all tasted first-team action thanks to the progressive Serbian tactician.

Fulham want Elliott to commit his long-term future to the club but FA rules mean a scholarship deal cannot be offered until January.

The Whites will also have to wait until Elliott turns 17 before he can sign a pro deal.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/732292/Harvey-Elliott-Fulham-Carabao-Cup-Millwall-Chelsea-Barcelona-News-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Cardiff City Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's match away to Cardiff City will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members at 10am, Wednesday 26th September.

The Whites travel to the Welsh Capital on Saturday 20th October (kick-off 3pm).

Tickets are priced at £30 for adults, £25 for over 60s, £20 for 16-21 years and just  £15 for Under 18s.

Tickets will then go on sale to all supporters from 10am, Friday 28th September.

Fans will be able to purchase tickets online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/september/25/cardiff-city-tickets

WhiteJC

Wembley sale edges nearer as FA agrees terms of deal

The Football Association has finalised the terms which could see it sell Wembley Stadium to Shahid Khan, the owner of NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars and the Premier League's Fulham FC.

The sale is not yet confirmed, with an FA vote set to take place tomorrow, but English football's governing body has finalised the terms under which the move could be approved. These stipulate that Wembley's name could not be changed as part of a naming rights deal, an FA veto over any potential sponsors – which includes maintaining its ban on betting partners – and that high-profile fixtures such as the FA Cup and League Cup finals would still be held there.

It is likely that the regular Autumn international fixtures would be moved in order to accommodate the NFL season. The FA, however, are inclined to view this as a positive, giving them the opportunity to take England games to more fans around the country.

Khan's bid for the venue is worth up to £800m (€895m/$1bn), and would allow the FA to invest significant amounts back into grassroots football. Sport England, the grant-giving body which helped to fund the construction of the new Wembley Stadium, has given its consent to the sale on this basis.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/wembley-sale-edges-nearer-fa-agrees-terms-deal

WhiteJC

"I convinced him" – Former PL defender on talking Fulham player into transfer

Jose Fonte left West Ham United and joined the Chinese Super League where he played for Dalian Yifang in February 2018 and returned to Europe the same year, signing for Lille in the summer transfer window.

At the Ligue 1 outfit, he is joined by his young brother, Rui Fonte, as the latter moved to Stade Pierre-Mauroy on a season-long loan deal from Fulham.

The former Arsenal academy graduate is a striker, while his elder brother is positioned at the other end of the pitch, as a defender.

Jose and Rui sat down for an interview with French newspaper Le Parisien and during the course of the interview, the former Southampton star explained how he convinced his brother to join him at his current club, despite having opportunities to go out on a temporary deal elsewhere from Fulham

"To come here, I am convinced that this team suits him perfectly, and that it will allow him to have success. He had other opportunities, but I convinced him to sign for Lille," Jose explained.

"Luis Campos [Lille sporting director] asked me about his [Rui's] situation. I told him that there was a possibility. From there, there has been some discussion and the matter was concluded to the last day of the window."

Rui has two appearances to his name in the league and is yet to find the back of the net for his new club.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-convinced-ex-premier-league-player-urged-fulham-player-join-another-club/

WhiteJC

history books Fulham teenager Harvey Elliott becomes youngest ever player in English football aged 15 years and 174 days

The youngster was studying for his GCSE exams on Tuesday afternoon before making his debut in the Carabao Cup against Millwall

Fulham starlet Harvey Elliott was studying for his GCSEs yesterday afternoon, before making his professional debut in the Carabao Cup against Millwall.

He became the youngest player to appear in English football at just 15 years and 174 days when he came on as an 81st-minute substitute in the 3-1 victory at The Den.

The attacking midfielder received a fantastic ovation from the travelling fans, who taunted Millwall with chants of 'He's only 15'.

Elliott, an England Under-15 star, goes to Coombe school which backs onto Fulham's training ground at Motspur Park.

He beats the record previously held by Leicester's Ashley Chambers, who was 15 years and 203 days old when he played against Blackpool in 2005.

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic said: "He is definitely a talented kid. At the end he showed some of the quality. We believe in opportunities to test at the senior level.

"He moved the ball with quality and showed some speed. It's a great opportunity for him. We believe the future can be bright ahead of him. (But) he must be at school (on Wednesday) morning.

"He had some exams (earlier on Tuesday). He didn't know (he had a chance of being involved) I didn't want to put him in any trouble. I gave him the opportunity to test himself at this level.

https://talksport.com/football/426280/15-year-old-harvey-elliott-fulham-carabao-cup/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic urges Harvey Elliott to take his 'great opportunity' at Fulham after 15-year-old makes EFL Cup debut

The 15-year-old, who is still at school, impressed as a second-half substitute at The Den

Fulham's Slavisa Jokanovic urged 15-year-old Harvey Elliott to seize his opportunity after making him the club's youngest-ever player in their 3-1 victory at Millwall.

The winger, aged 15 years and 174 days, made his debut as a late substitute and in doing so is also the youngest player to have appeared in the EFL Cup.

Joe Bryan, Luca de la Torre and Cyrus Christie each scored their first goals for Fulham, who impressed throughout, but it was Elliott who perhaps gave the greatest cause for encouragement.

"He is definitely a talented kid," Jokanovic said of Elliott. "At the end he showed some of the quality. We believe in opportunities to test at the senior level.

"He moved the ball with quality and showed some speed. It's a great opportunity for him. We believe the future can be bright ahead of him. [But] he must be at school [on Thursday] morning.

"He had some exams [earlier on Tuesday]. He didn't know [he had a chance of being involved], I didn't want to put him in any trouble. I gave him the opportunity to test himself at this level.

"I don't know if I can in English use a wrong word but he is arrogant and positive. This kid shows the personality, like he says, 'I want to show you I am a very good player; I want to show you'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/slavisa-jokanovic-harvey-elliot-15-years-old-fulham-debut-efl-cup-millwall-a8555246.html

WhiteJC

Jokanovic keen to keep De la Torre as an option for Fulham

Slavisa Jokanovic is keen to keep Luca de la Torre in his first-team squad in the hope the youngster can be used during Fulham's Premier League campaign.

De la Torre – a 20-year-old academy graduate and USA international – has been a long-term loan target for MLS clubs, including New England Revolution.

He has been on the periphery of the Whites first team for a while, however, making five appearances in the Championship last season, and scored his first senior goal and set up another in the Carabao Cup win at Millwall.

And Jokanovic said: "Luca is a really great lad. This player is working with me for a long while but I didn't have space to give him so many chances.

De la Torre – a 20-year-old academy graduate and USA international – has been a long-term loan target for MLS clubs, including New England Revolution.

He has been on the periphery of the Whites first team for a while, however, making five appearances in the Championship last season, and scored his first senior goal and set up another in the Carabao Cup win at Millwall.

And Jokanovic said: "Luca is a really great lad. This player is working with me for a long while but I didn't have space to give him so many chances.

"But he has never stopped pushing forwards and showed the personality and professionalism in training. I gave him some chances in the Championship and he always pushed hard and never surrendered.

"In the end it depends on many things (whether he will play), but he has a strong and healthy head and he has been strong waiting for the chance.

"I cannot promise anybody anything, but he showed many positive things. He is enjoying scoring his first goal for the senior team. He played well."

De la Torre started at number 10 in a 3-5-2 system at The Den, and Jokanovic hinted the shape is something he is looking to use in the Premier League.

"At the end its a positive night and we are going to make some conclusions and think about how we can use different players in different moments or in different shapes," he said.

"We tried to check something different and it's working well enough, and we are open to all variations during the season. We are going to check if it's an option playing this way in the future."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-keen-to-keep-de-la-torre-as-an-option-for-fulham

WhiteJC

The curious case of Fulham's last trip to Everton - and the only player left from that day

Martinez's Everton defeated Fulham 4-1 in December 2013

The last time Everton played Fulham at Goodison in the league they won 4-1 to go fourth.

It was less than five years ago that Roberto Martinez's side, in an unbeaten run that would extend to 10 matches, scored three times in the last 17 minutes to make sure of the points.

Martinez described it as a "difficult" game for his Blues side who had seen Leon Osman's opener cancelled out by a Dimitar Berbatov penalty.

But as the two teams prepare to meet at Goodison for the first time since that day, there's a distinct possibility that there could be more Fulham players who played in that game, than there are Everton, in the Blues' squad this weekend.

Seamus Coleman and Phil Jagielka are the only players in the current Everton set-up who were involved that day while Fulham's goalkeeper was.....Maarten Stekelenburg.

Stekelenburg is set to take his place on the bench, as back-up to Jordan Pickford, while Everton boss Marco Silva has injury concerns over Coleman and Jagielka.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curious-case-fulhams-last-trip-15203067

WhiteJC

Jokanovic admits De la Torre could be in line for more game time

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed Luca de la Torre's performance in Tuesday's 3-1 victory at Millwall could force him to re-think his team selection.

De la Torre joined Joe Bryan and Cyrus Christie in scoring his first goal for the club as they progressed to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.

The midfielder particularly excelled, taking advantage of a rare opportunity, having remained largely peripheral even amid the multiple changes Jokanovic has made.

His influence was perhaps partly overlooked as 15-year-old Harvey Elliott became the club's youngest ever player, but despite Fulham's intense competition for places, Jokanovic said: "He played well.

"Two assists, one goal. I didn't have space to give him so many chances but he never stop pushing forward and he showed the personality and professionalism at the training ground.

"He is enjoying scoring his first goal, like Joe Bryan who played very good too, and we will find some conclusion and see how we can use different players in different moments or in different shapes.

"We are open for all the variations during the year and we will check if some of the options can play this way or not in the future.

"It depends on many things. Luca is strong, healthy and pushes really strong, waiting for the chance.

"I cannot promise anything, but he showed many positive things."

While he had made 10 changes to his starting XI against Championship opposition, Millwall's Neil Harris had also made eight to his struggling team, and he said: "What was important was looking at player combinations, getting minutes and confidence under some of their belts.

"To some element we did that. There were positives, but our priority is Saturday against Sheffield United.

"We're in a bit of a difficult spell at the moment which we've not had too many of, and now it's about the players' reaction to the first 70 minutes at West Brom, the second half at QPR and some of our games here where at times we have been outstanding."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/millwall/news/jokanovic-admits-de-la-torre-could-be-in-line-for-more-game-time_336916.html

WhiteJC

Fulham fans react to Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa's display against Millwall

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa produced his best performance for Fulham in their EFL Cup win at the New Den on Tuesday.

It was a night of many positives on Tuesday for Fulham. A potentially daunting trip to Millwall in the third round of the EFL Cup could hardly have gone any better for Slavisa Jokanovic's side after all.

Joe Bryan, Cyrus Christie and the impressive Luca de la Torre all scored their first goals for the club in the 3-1 win while Harvey Elliott (below), at just 15, became Fulham's youngest ever player when he came off the bench in the second half.

While Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa will not have appeared on many back pages on Wednesday morning, this was perhaps the first time the Cameroon international showed why he cost £30 million, albeit against a side stuck in the Championship's relegation zone.

The former Marseille midfielder made his first start for the Cottagers at the New Den and ran the game from the centre of the park. Anguissa is a classy operator; a powerhouse of a midfielder blessed with the touch of a sprightly winger while combining physicality with poise in possession.

The next step is for 'Frank the tank' to perform like this in the Premier League.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/26/do-fulham-fans-react-to-andre-frank-zambo-anguissas-display-agai/

WhiteJC

Luca de la Torre could be in line for more game time, admits Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic after midfielder shines in victory over Millwall

Fulham beat Millwall 3-1 in the Carabao Cup at The Den on Tuesday night
    Luca de la Torre made a rare start and contributed a goal and two assists
    The midfielder has been a largely peripheral figure so far this season
    Slavisa Jokanovic says performance could force him to re-think his selection

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed Luca de la Torre's performance in Tuesday's 3-1 victory at Millwall could force him to re-think his team selection.

De la Torre joined Joe Bryan and Cyrus Christie in scoring his first goal for the club as they progressed to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.

The midfielder particularly excelled, taking advantage of a rare opportunity, having remained largely peripheral even amid the multiple changes Jokanovic has made.

Luca De La Torre celebrates after scoring Fulham's second goal against Millwall on Tuesday

Slavisa Jokanovic admits De la Torre's performance could force him to re-think his selection

His influence was perhaps partly overlooked as 15-year-old Harvey Elliott became the club's youngest ever player, but despite Fulham's intense competition for places, Jokanovic said: 'He played well.

'Two assists, one goal. I didn't have space to give him so many chances but he never stop pushing forward and he showed the personality and professionalism at the training ground.

'He is enjoying scoring his first goal, like Joe Bryan who played very good too, and we will find some conclusion and see how we can use different players in different moments or in different shapes.

De La Torre shoots to score his first goal for Fulham in the third round clash at The Den

'We are open for all the variations during the year and we will check if some of the options can play this way or not in the future.

'It depends on many things. Luca is strong, healthy and pushes really strong, waiting for the chance.

'I cannot promise anything, but he showed many positive things.'

The midfielder excelled in the Carabao Cup clash, taking advantage of a rare opportunity

While he had made 10 changes to his starting XI against Championship opposition, Millwall's Neil Harris had also made eight to his struggling team, and he said: 'What was important was looking at player combinations, getting minutes and confidence under some of their belts.

'To some element we did that. There were positives, but our priority is Saturday against Sheffield United.

'We're in a bit of a difficult spell at the moment which we've not had too many of, and now it's about the players' reaction to the first 70 minutes at West Brom, the second half at QPR and some of our games here where at times we have been outstanding.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6210149/Luca-la-Torre-line-game-time-admits-Fulham-boss-Slavisa-Jokanovic.html

WhiteJC

Everton must move for Aleksandar Mitrovic next summer

Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic has been in wonderful form during the early stages of the 2018-19 campaign, and Everton should look to sign him next summer.

What's the word, then?

Deemed not good enough for the Premier League by Newcastle United, Mitrovic has proved his critics wrong in the early stages of this season.

The centre-forward moved on loan to Fulham in January, and helped the Cottagers earn promotion to the Premier League before joining on a permanent deal.

The Serbia international has been in fine form for his London club this term, managing five Premier League goals in six appearances.

The 24-year-old has only just arrived at Craven Cottage, but Fulham will find it difficult to keep him on a long-term basis if he continues to find the back of the net at this level.

Chelsea have been credited with an interest, but Everton should make a strong play for the powerful centre-forward in next summer's transfer window.

Why would Mitrovic suit Everton?

Mitrovic is simply a better version than Cenk Tosun. The Turk scored five Premier League goals for Everton in the second half of last season following a January move from Besiktas.

There is no question that Tosun's scoring record at Besiktas deserves a lot of respect, but he has not registered in six Premier League appearances this season, and seems to lack the movement and pace to be a real hit at this level.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Oumar Niasse are also not quite good enough to be regulars for the Toffees, and Everton will need a new striker to reach the next level.

It would be almost impossible to sign Mitrovic in January, but the Toffees should make a bid for the striker next summer.

Valued at £16.2m by Transfermarkt.co.uk, Mitrovic has matured as a player and indeed as a person over the last 12 months, and now looks capable of becoming one of the best centre-forwards in the Premier League.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/everton/everton-must-move-for-aleksandar-mitrovic-next-summer

WhiteJC

Wembley stadium sale: FA board to vote on £600 million proposed deal with Fulham owner Shahid Khan on Thursday

Board members are reportedly split on the potential sale, which will fund grassroots investment

A proposed £600 million deal to sell Wembley stadium to Fulham owner Shahid Khan will be put to Football Association board members on Thursday.

If the 10-person FA board votes in favour of selling to Khan – who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise and has been in talks to purchase Wembley since February 2017 – it will be presented to the 127-member FA Council in October for approval.

Board members are reportedly split on the proposal, with some regarding it as a "no brainer" while more traditionally-minded voices are wary of the short-term benefits of a sale.

It has even been claimed that the FA will insist on a £100m buy-back clause in the deal that gives them the right to re-purchase Wembley at a vast discount if Khan fails to maintain its status as one of Uefa's elite tournament venues.

Khan wants to use Wembley to strengthen the Jaguars' presence in London as the NFL continues to consider the possibility of a full-time franchise in the English capital.

The FA, however, will keep their headquarters at the stadium and England will reserve the right to play home international fixtures there, while it will also continue to host cup and play-off finals.

Money from the sale would be funnelled by the FA back into grassroots football, and the deal has already been publicly endorsed by chairman Greg Clarke and chief executive Martin Glenn.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Sport England and the Greater London Authority are all understood to have signalled their support for a sale on the proposed terms.

But the FA board's three national game representatives, elected from the grassroots amateur game, could provide the sternest opposition to the potential sale. "The decision rests with these guys who may be voting with pure emotion," a person familiar with the discussions told the Financial Times.

Clarke and Glenn are said to want unanimous backing from the FA board for the deal with Khan before putting the proposal to the FA Council, whose members hail mostly from the amateur game.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/wembley-stadium-sale-fa-board-vote-how-much-shahid-khan-a8556021.html

WhiteJC

Games for the Weekend 29/09
This weekend we travel to Everton's home Goodison Park
Well Goodison Park is not a happy hunting ground for Fulham, I think we've only ever won there in a FA Cup game so I'm not expecting a run-away result for us this weekend. Having said that wouldn't it just be Fulhamish for us to get a result!?

Slaviša must have drilled it into the whole team that the match starts at 15:00, not 15:05, we can't give the opposition another early goal!
Everton should have won easily last weekend at Arsenal having dominated for virtually the whole game however, they somehow managed to loose 2-0, I'm guessing they'll want to exact revenge against a London club, so we need be be 'on our game' right from the start.

After Tuesday evening's performance Cyrus Christie and Luca de la Torre must be giving Slaviša a decision to make, Cyrus must have improved his chances of starting the game and Luca could well be included in the squad.

Games of interest...
Saturday 29th
West Ham v Man Utd
Everton v Fulham
Huddersfield v Spurs
Newcastle v Leicester
Wolves v Southampton

Sunday 30th
Cardiff v Burnley

Monday 1st October
Bournemouth v Crystal Palace

COYW

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=421

WhiteJC

Fulham's Tim Ream relishing England's clash against Australia at Craven Cottage

He has only been in England since 2012 but Fulham's American defender Tim Ream believes the explosion in women's football over the last six years means the sport is now unrecognisable.

The Lionesses, who qualified for next year's World Cup under the stewardship of Phil Neville, will host Australia at Craven Cottage on Tuesday 9 October as preparations for France 2019 begin in earnest.

And Ream, who is Fulham's female football ambassador, hailed the development of the women's game this country and has called on fans in south west London to get behind England next month.

The Stars and Stripes international hailed the impact of Neville and has backed the former Manchester United and Everton player to achieve success with the national team.

Ream said: "From the time that I've been in England, the women's game has grown hugely – there weren't that many games being televised but now it's so different.

"You look at The FA WSL and the national team and everything they've done up to now, it's impressive and it's definitely still improving.

"Qualifying for the World Cup is the biggest thing and they've been able to do that with a very impressive manager in Phil Neville, who obviously did really well in his club career.

"That translates to the women's team and they are progressing well. They have made it to the World Cup which was the big battle and now they're seeing where they can go.

"Phil and I never crossed over in our playing careers but he's a big name in the game, he's had a really good playing career and that natural next step is to try the coaching side.

"He's done a really good job solidifying his position and getting the women to play a certain way, but everything is a process and that's one that he's going through currently.

"There's now a better and stronger pathway which players can aspire to be on and that can only help grow the game, improve the quality and produce a better project – Phil is helping in that."

Ream believes Craven Cottage is now a world-class venue for international football – and believes England's clash with Australia will further establish Fulham as one of the country's major sporting venue.

The club has previously hosted games with Republic of Ireland, Colombia, Australia and USA, taking advantage of the hugely cosmopolitan residents living and working in south west London.

And Ream, who has worked tirelessly at the club to integrate and improve the opportunities for the women's game at Fulham, is convinced next month's fixture is another stepping stone for his home stadium.

"It's a big honour for Craven Cottage," he said. "The club and the ground have hosted a number of international matches over the years and it's always a great occasion.

Craven Cottage has long been an iconic venue for football

"We've had Colombia before, Australia and the US as well, and whenever a stadium in the UK can host an international friendly it's a great way of being able to grow the women's game.

"It will be a great occasion. There's a pretty sizeable Australian fanbase in the Fulham area; for them to come out and support their women's team would be a huge boost for them.

"It's the same for England fans; there is no better place than London to watch football."

He added: "I got into this role last year, and for us it's about putting a men's first-team presence into the women's game, right from the young ones all the way up.

"We want to integrate the men's side with the women's side and lend our support, show up to training sessions and games and other events to help boost both sides."

The 30-year-old defender, who has more than 20 caps to his name, is far from looking into the next chapter of his career when his playing days finally finish.

But Ream revealed he won't have any issues with following the likes of Neville into coaching in the women's game.

"Whether women's football coaching is something I investigate after my career is yet to be seen, but life after playing is certainly something I need to start looking into," he said.

"I never say never. You never know what opportunities will arise and what will come your way until you get to that.

"Five years ago, we would have not predicted where football would be now and similarly it's going to be the same for the next five years so it's hard to make any estimates.

"We're going to see the women's grow quicker than the men's. They're going to get to a place where there is more and more media coverage, more women playing, more teams and more clubs starting women's teams – that can only benefit the country and female sports in general."

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/sep/26/england-australia-fulham-tim-ream-260918

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott: Meet Fulham's youngest ever 'mature' player

Few footballers have to think about an exam on the day of a cup game, let alone on their professional debut.

But when you're only 15 years and five months old, it comes with the territory.

Harvey Elliott became Fulham's youngest ever player as they beat Millwall in the League Cup on Tuesday.

Radio 1 Newsbeat's been speaking to the attacking midfielder's coach at the club, who says he's been showing promising signs for years.

Harvey Elliott coming off the bench alongside Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

Harvey was born in 2003 - a time when Roman Abramovich had just bought Chelsea and Wayne Rooney was making his international debut.

His youth may make some football fans feel old, but Fulham Under 18 Head Coach Colin Omogbehin has known Harvey for a while.

Colin says his player took a chance to train with the first team during the international break and grabbed it with both hands.

Since taking over at Craven Cottage in 2015, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has already proved he is willing to give youth a chance.

Ryan Sessegnon just one example of a young player who's been given their debut by the Serbian and has subsequently gone on to impress.

'Real top end'

"From an early age Harvey's always managed to make good decisions at the right time," Colin tells Newsbeat.

"Whether that's rolling someone in with the perfectly weighted pass or scoring himself. He's real top end".

Last night's appearance off the bench has seen Harvey catch the eye of many fans, but Colin says he's been impressing for a while.

"When he was 14 he played in the Under 16s against top quality opposition and he stood out. He was the best player on the pitch".

"Then we threw him in to the Under 18s last year and he's done it again. That's when you think hang on a minute we might have another one here."

Colin has praised his humble attitude and work rate, insisting he is keeping his feet on the ground, despite such success early on in his career.

While the boss Slavisa Jokanovic says he's confident, but in a good way.

And while Colin is quick to point out that it is early days for Harvey's career, he is showing the sort of qualities you need to make it to the very top.

But there is a problem. His top-knot hair with shaved sides has certainly raised a few eyebrows, including those of his Under 18's coach.

"That's his only fault," Colin says. "He needs to get a new hairstyle!"

Follow Newsbeat on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Listen to Newsbeat live at 12:45 and 17:45 every weekday on BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra - if you miss us you can listen back here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45653699

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: View Of The Opposition - Everton
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is an interview with Chris Stouffer from the School Of Science Radio Podcast. He was on the show to give the Everton perspective on this upcoming match.  This show is our preview episode for this match.

you can listen to the podcast here...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2018/09/26/cottage-talk-view-of-the-opposition--everton

WhiteJC

Fulham need this £22million superstar to fire on all cylinders to beat Everton

Aleksandar Mitrovic holds the key to Fulham's success against Everton

Fulham have made a lukewarm start to their Premier League season and the Cottagers currently sit 15th in the standings with 5 points from their first 6 games.

Slavisa Jokanovic 's men were held to a 1-1 draw at home by visitors Watford last weekend but the result should do a world of good to their confidence since they were drubbed 3-0 by Manchester City in the previous game. Fulham should take heart from the fact that they managed to find the equalizer after trailing for large quarters of the game and did well to rescue a point against a team that has performed exceptionally well this season.

And the confidence showed in the League Cup on Tuesday, as Fulham overcame Millwall by a 3-1 margin with a second string line-up. However, the Cottagers will face a stiffer test when they make the trip to Goodison Park to face Everton on Saturday.

Although Fulham have been a bit sloppy in the early stages of the season and have dropped points in games they should have won, the manager still has plenty of positives to take from their displays so far.

On the other hand, Everton's story has hardly been different from Fulham's. After a bright start to the season, Everton have suffered a dip in their performances and have lost two games on the trot against West Ham United and Arsenal. With 6 points from the first six games, the Toffees sit 12th in the standings.

Both teams have faced a lot of problems defensively. Despite taking the lead on several occasions, they haven't been able to capitalize due to some sloppy defending. Another similarity is that both Everton and Fulham have some quality attackers in their ranks which should account for an intriguing clash on Saturday.

Fulham's summer signings – Aleksandar Mitrovic, Jean Michael Seri and Andre Schurrle – have made a difference to the team. Quite surprisingly, they haven't taken much time to adapt to the demands of the Premier League. While Seri has been the team's midfield powerhouse, Schurrle and Mitrovic have been devastating up front.

Meanwhile, Everton have also suffered due to their vulnerable backline. Injuries to the first-choice defenders at regular intervals haven't allowed Silva to field a solid backline and that has proven costly. The Toffees have not only been guilty of giving away possession in dangerous areas but have also given the opposition far too much space at the back to exploit.

To put things into perspective, Aleksandar Mitrovic, with the physicality and the aerial ability that he possesses, should be Fulham's strongest bet to help the Cottagers come away with all three points on Saturday. Everton's central defence has been susceptible to aerial balls and a majority of the goals they conceded came from aerial balls played into the penalty area. As for Mitrovic, who joined Fulham for £22m, winning headers inside the box is his biggest strength.

The Serb has already scored five goals this season, out of which three came from headers inside the penalty area. He has shown an appreciable presence of mind and excellent positional sense to lose his markers and win headers. He seems to have developed a habit of getting into the right positions at the right time.

On the contrary, Everton's centre-back Kurt Zouma has struggled to find his feet this season. Even if Silva decides to go with Michael Keane and Mason Holgate in the heart of the defence, there is a strong possibility that Mitrovic will get the better of the young Colgate.

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/09/27/fulham-need-this-22million-superstar-to-fire-on-all-cylinders-to-beat-everton/