News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sacking Stuart Gray the stupidest thing we’ve done?

Started by Rambler, September 29, 2018, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Probably one of the silliest things we've done this season.
Our defence coach gone. And no surprise our team cannot keep a clean sheet.

We were woeful today. Proper relegation fodder

DevonFFC

How did Ream do? He is the saviour that everyone keeps calling for?

Rambler

Best of a bad bunch. Got caught out dallying on the ball but the same could be said for everyone

When you have a back 4 of Christie, Ream, Odoi and Bryan you just wont keep a clean sheet. It's a Championship back 4

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: DevonFFC on September 29, 2018, 04:54:29 PM
MLM two times a player imo.

hovewhite

Deeping_white

We didn't sack him, his contract expired and we let him go. Besides it's not like we didn't concede lots of goals while he was still our coach either

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: DevonFFC on September 29, 2018, 04:54:29 PM

He made 3-4 suicide passes at the back. Lucky to get away with them.

nose returns

getting rid of gray may be a mistake but some of the new players really do not look that clever.

ToodlesMcToot

I have no idea what Gray's responsibilities were nor what Parker's are. I do know our passing is generally poor - too many hospital balls and lightly weighted passes, even in situations where there is little pressure. We invite trouble as if being new to the PL doesn't carry enough of it.

Slav has to get these players sorted.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RaySmith

Easy to criticise from the comfort of your couch, not so easy to do the right thing in the heat of battle of a Prem game.

How long have these players been playing together in the Prem , or even at all?

Beamer

Ream (just coming back from injury) and Mawson (nowhere near as bad as some like to think) could add some solidness through the centre but the full-backs do look a bit of an issue at present. Guess we will have to give it time to see how they gel as Ream gets up to speed, not that we can do anything until January anyway. So I guess it's wait and hope.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2018, 05:36:31 PM
Easy to criticise from the comfort of your couch, not so easy to do the right thing in the heat of battle of a Prem game.

How long have these players been playing together in the Prem , or even at all?

While all true,  it doesn't explain away players playing square balls across the back or attempting a 20 yard pass and weighting it for 10.....all of which we've done far too often. We are undoing some very good work at times with errors and decision-making that we should be well beyond by now.

This was such a winnable match. Everton did not play very well IMHO......especially after Odoi dug his studs into Richarlison's thigh.

I've no problems with inconsistent form this 1st half season. As has been said, slow starts are our habit. But today was wasteful.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

We have now had 7 games and acrued 5 precious points, and conceded too many goals for comfort.
The next 7 matches will be just as crucial.
We need to grind out twice as many points in the next 7 games, to keep out of the relegation zone, it will be a dog fight amongst the relegation candidates, and something we may need to get equipped to deal with.
I still reckon we have a decent squad, but injuries do take their toll, and our tactics are coming up short.
My worry is that losing may start to become a habit.
On the other hand so does winning.
But first of all we need to keep clean sheets, especially at home.
That so far seems a difficult task. But it's the key to picking up precious points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

Well with Bryan's injury and TFM then the back 4 will change again. Lack of consistency is as much of an issue with the back 4 as change of coach.

toshes mate

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 29, 2018, 05:01:12 PM
We didn't sack him, his contract expired and we let him go. Besides it's not like we didn't concede lots of goals while he was still our coach either
Accurate in content and conclusion.  To suggest SG was a miracle worker is belied by our unpromising and inconsistent performances at the start of both of our last two Championship seasons.

Mince n Tatties

Not so much Gray going maybe Parker coming in  :022:

IKnowNothing

Didn't know they had defensive coaches in football.  Always thought that was an american thing. I assumed defense was a team effort from the strikers thru to the goalie. Would a defensive coach need an assistant for each position? That's a lot of coaches for defense. Maybe we should give Jacksonville a ring?  I bet they have a lot of defensive coaches. :hook:

Fulham Tup North

With Ream back and Cairney coming back we may start to get some consistency, but we need to get some points against Cardiff & Huddersfield.
Time to tighten up!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FulhamStu

It does not matter who the defensive coach is, if you change the back 4 every single game, especially the two centre halves, you will never get a settled defence that works as a unit.

We Are Premier League

Shameful effort by anguissa and christie on the Sigurdssons two goals, could not be arsed to follow their man.