watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Negativity

Started by JoelH5, October 06, 2018, 03:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

There is a lot of negativity around the club at the moment and it is somewhat understandable. If the quite likely happens tomorrow and we lose to Arsenal, there is no need to crucify the team. Why is this so important?

After the Arsenal game, we have arguably our most important run of the season. We HAVE to get behind the team for those games as they could well be season defining.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

Agree that we need to keep behind the team and not become  too negative and critical - whatever happens.

But I don't agree that it's inevitable to lose to Arsenal tomorrow, and I certainly don't expect that attitude from manager or players,  but if we do, we need to keep firmly behind the team for the next game, and the game after that.

Andy S

I won't be negative until we lose then I will mope all the way home. I doubt th players will notice

grandad

The only negative thoughts from me are that in our first 7 games we had to play Man City, Spurs & Everton all away. Was always going to be a tough ask to get anything from those 3 games. At least they are out of the way early.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

Basically we need to be above the relegation zone at the New Year.

filham

Not expecting to win against Arsenal but do expect a performance with perhaps the odd goal and a few scares for them.

Another downright clear defeat ,with no excuses and I will be as miserable as sin for the rest of Sunday .

VancouverWhite

As long as Man U beats New Castle, that's all the results going in our favour so far today!

COYW!  049:gif

JoelH5

Quote from: VancouverWhite on October 06, 2018, 04:28:24 PM
As long as Man U beats New Castle, that's all the results going in our favour so far today!

COYW!  049:gif

Yep. At least our position has made Saturday's football more enjoyable. I'm a Spurs and Man Utd fan today!

JoelH5

.... although, if we win tomorrow and Utd lose today, we'd be 2 points behind Manchester Utd with a quarter of the season gone!!

toshes mate

Negativity is found by those who wish to find it.  Those who comment on reality have noted that our performances in this season's return to the PL to date haven't been the required stuff.  Those who didn't, and don't, get over excited about big money signings or big name signings but prefer to wait for performances on the pitch, have put in their four pennyworth about a) delayed signings; b) not holding on to players who have made things work well for us on the pitch; c) not having appropriate pre-season schedules that could result in better preparation.  None of those can really be argued against and are simply common sense comments.

As for performances on the pitch then for me there is no chance of me taking my seat tomorrow with the feeling defeat against Arsenal is inevitable. 

I have never been, nor, I hope, will I ever be, that negative about Fulham.   We have a football game to play and a result to get.  We can beat anyone on our day.   

Lighthouse

It is, as others have said down to performances. The idea that we cannot be negative about our club always seems weird to me. As if we have to be positive and go around believing that everything is fine and unicorns skip around in lovely flowers under the warm Sun of Lollipop Land.

Fact is some of us know that the World is a dark and vile putrid place with nothing but pain and fear threatening the moment we wake up from a fitful sleep. Football is what we turn to for solace and comfort and when it doesn't deliver than some will react or overly react. In the same way we overreact when things turn out well.

Put in a decent performance and a poor result is bearable. Put in another error pact performance and the negativity will flow with bile and disappointment. We all want the same thing. We wait nervously for it to happen. But if you don't invest in the emotional roller coaster being a fan entails then why bother? Embrace the fear.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riversider

I can't stand all these soppy surrender monkeys who think its ok to lose because its Man City were playing , or Arsenal or Everton or Spurs etc etc etc
Get this in to your heads, we play Cardiff twice and Huddersfield twice, we need to reach 38 points at some stage we need to roll up our sleeves and start taking points off the sides that the surrender monkeys have already hoisted up the white flag for,
We need to battle and scrap and that starts tomorrow against Arsenal !
The season might be young but were already up to our neck in a relegation battle.

Woolly Mammoth

I have stopped going out after sunset.
Not because I am afraid of the dark, but because I don't want to bump into a Fulham supporter waving a white flag with surrender written on it.
Never read so many soppy posts, about the end of the world is nigh bacause we appear to be in Doom country. The posts I am referring to are not necessary on this thread. but on the board in general.
Well I am not, and neither are Fulham or Slavisa or the players.
Time to stand up and be counted.
You should measure a team how they get off the canvas, not how they go down.
So dry your eyes and act like men.
NOT ONE STEP BACK !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Cairney is back tomorrow so I do expect us to be a lot better than we were against Everton

Camel Club

As wonderful as that day in May at Wembley was, being promoted via the play offs means you are playing catch up with the clubs you are joining in the league above.

If you are also promoted in a World Cup or European Championship year that brings added difficulties when bringing in new players.

Add to that the transfer window closing earlier than in previous seasons it is no wonder the club have had an average start to the season regardless of how much money was spent.

It is only early October. We need to be patient and continue to throw our support behind the manager and the team. We can be that 12th man in every game as we were at Wembley when we truly believed.

This remains the beginning of what could be the most exciting and successful period in our club's history. Let us stop squabbling among ourselves and get behind our club. COYW!!

Twig

Quote from: Camel Club on October 06, 2018, 07:57:24 PM
As wonderful as that day in May at Wembley was, being promoted via the play offs means you are playing catch up with the clubs you are joining in the league above.

If you are also promoted in a World Cup or European Championship year that brings added difficulties when bringing in new players.

Add to that the transfer window closing earlier than in previous seasons it is no wonder the club have had an average start to the season regardless of how much money was spent.

It is only early October. We need to be patient and continue to throw our support behind the manager and the team. We can be that 12th man in every game as we were at Wembley when we truly believed.

This remains the beginning of what could be the most exciting and successful period in our club's history. Let us stop squabbling among ourselves and get behind our club. COYW!!

I'll drink to that  082.gif

alfie

Absolutely everyone has the right to be critical of some of our performances, but to go into a game believing we are going to get beaten before a ball is kicked in MY view is downright criminal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

St Eve

These are the games we dreamt about. Looking forward to beating the Arsenal

RaySmith

Quote from: Andy S on October 06, 2018, 03:38:06 PM
I won't be negative until we lose then I will mope all the way home. I doubt th players will notice

But the post is surely about public negativity expressed on this forum, not about the  negative and  gloomy feelings we must all often have  after some Fulham results, not to mention relegations and  off the field issues, over the years.

But, of course, we  have the rght to express negative emotion on here, but this board can be very depressing if the team  isn't winning, and  negativity can spread amongst fans and create an atmosphere that might affect the team's confidence, and thus create a downward spiral-  imo. You could see that in Man U yesterday, being played off the pitch by Newcastle in the first half.

BUT everyone should be free to say what they want on here, of course.
So, if people express negativity,  then others can be positive if that's what they think.

I choose genrally to  be more  positive, at least publicly, because I see my role as  supporter to get behind the team, encourage them. I want them to  win games, every game I attend or watch or listen to - I'm upset whenever we lose, depressed even.

But Fulham are my team, and I support them just as I used to all those years ago when I stood on the Riverside terracing with my  big black and white rattle, nearly knocking myself out on occasion when I  waved it a bit too enthusiastically.

Others can feel and say what they want though, and  this is a forum where we can debate  everything about  following the team, which is bound to involve criticism and analysis, and different opinions. Of course, that's all part of following a team.

Just that the atmosphere of doom and gloom can become a bit overwhelming at times, so some want to  make more positive posts, because they strongly feel that we should get behind the team whatever- which doesn't mean you can't criticise - fans have always done this, but in the past it was over a pint after the game. Then you'd go and cheer the team on at the next game as before.

But both negativity and positivity are valid, and should be allowed, of course.

It's great to be back in the Prem though, and such an achievement by Slavisa and the players.
But the Prem does inevitably involve more losses and poor results than the Championship though, which is debated on another thread.

COYW!!!!