watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has to be said.

Started by ex-Pat, October 07, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

At this point it's all down to coaching,we have some very good players that are being completely let down..

andyk

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 07, 2018, 02:13:11 PM
At this point it's all down to coaching,we have some very good players that are being completely let down..

It may be a bit early, previous seasons we have started slowly, but there may be a good reason why Watford didn't rate Slav at this level.  Certainly they made the right decision to ditch him when he got them promoted.  It may be ruthless, disloyal, but it worked.

Slaphead in Qatar

its both the payers and managers to blame. not the owners - they put up 100mil.

one problem being overlooked on this forum - slav is also learning at this level - he may prove not to be good enough.

Woolly Mammoth

Mawson, Chambers, Bryan and Mensa missing. That does not help. but Slavisa has to punish Cardiff to start a revival, but even after this set back, and when I say set back, I mean that we are not learning by our mistakes errors and shortcomings.
It's a real test for Manager and players.
If Cardiff, Newcastle, Southampton  and Huddersfield are watching this, they must be thinking they are in with a shout of scoring at least one goal against us.
We seem to be so easy to play against at the moment, even though today was against a rampant Arsenal. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

I am confident you don't actually know.

grandad

Our decent attacking players can´t make up for  dreadful defenders & defensive MF. All game we kept feeding Christie who was caught out high up the field leaving no cover on his flank. This was fully exploited by Arsenal. I appreciate changes to the full backs were forced on us but in the PL it does not work with them constantly bombing upfield. Let the defenders defend & let the attackers attack. Slavisa has to be applauded to some extent for his philosophy but we can´t keep shedding hat fulls of goals every week.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

Quote from: grandad on October 07, 2018, 02:44:40 PM
Our decent attacking players can´t make up for  dreadful defenders & defensive MF. All game we kept feeding Christie who was caught out high up the field leaving no cover on his flank. This was fully exploited by Arsenal. I appreciate changes to the full backs were forced on us but in the PL it does not work with them constantly bombing upfield. Let the defenders defend & let the attackers attack. Slavisa has to be applauded to some extent for his philosophy but we can´t keep shedding hat fulls of goals every week.

Yeah I agree completely. We can't afford the full backs to be so attacking or we will ship 3 plus goals a week
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Luka

I think Slav needs to rein in his ambitions now.
He is asking this team of players to play a style they just aren't technically good enough to play.
If we had another level up of technically capable players his "tactics" would be fantastic.
He's got to be more realistic about what this team can do or we are going to be relegated.

JoelH5

Quote from: Luka on October 07, 2018, 02:54:05 PM
I think Slav needs to rein in his ambitions now.
He is asking this team of players to play a style they just aren't technically good enough to play.
If we had another level up of technically capable players his "tactics" would be fantastic.
He's got to be more realistic about their what this team can do or we are going to be relegated.

Again, spot on.

If we were good enough to dominate the match at this level we could get away with such an attacking defence but we simply aren't and that's fair enough, we've just been promoted. We need to be more realistic and put more emphasis on defence so we can grind out points

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: grandad on October 07, 2018, 02:44:40 PM

Slavs style of football is why I started to fall for Fulham.   It's attractive as all F..., and it's how football should be played.

BUT....   when the other team simply has better offensive talent than you do defensive talent (by a lot) you've got to tweak what you do best.

Gotta make adjustments.

AnOldBrownie

If you think Fulham have better players than Aubameyeng, Lacazette and Ramsey...   Let me assure you they don't.   Not by a long shot.

filham

Missing Mawson, Mensa. Chambers and Bryan from our back four today is no excuse , all four have played this season and have been dropped, they would have done no better.

Jocanovic really has to review his tactics . Going out and playing wide open football against teams like Arsenal who have better and faster players is going to lead to a all time record of goals conceded in a season.

Twig

That's not borne out by the performances of some of these "very good players".

cottage expat

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:44:48 PM
Missing Mawson, Mensa. Chambers and Bryan from our back four today is no excuse , all four have played this season and have been dropped, they would have done no better.

Jocanovic really has to review his tactics . Going out and playing wide open football against teams like Arsenal who have better and faster players is going to lead to a all time record of goals conceded in a season.

Agree 100 %. I worry that Joka's tactical mind is still stuck in the Championship.

JoelH5

Quote from: cottage expat on October 07, 2018, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

Agree 100 %. I worry that Joka's tactical mind is still stuck in the Championship.

Yep agreed. I've said it a million times. I think it's down to the wing backs. They're too attacking for the quality we have in the PL. I honestly think if we just stop them getting forward as much and they concentrate way more on their defensive roles, we will be absolutely fine.

Fulham Tup North

Getting Tom back will help.  We look exposed in midfield and really miss his through balls, tracking back & fight.
Lets hope he is ready to face Cardiff!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

hovewhite

Think we will beat Cardiff and Huddersfield and things will look more promising.bournmouth could be a defeat.

west kowloon white

Thought did well for an hour- unfortunately not last 30.