watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back to basics

Started by Marinelloguthrie, October 07, 2018, 03:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marinelloguthrie

Bad result but reality is as per last time we got promoted u are going to get a hammering even at home against teams like Arsenal who have gone how many winning?

We do need to press more as you cant give quality players time on the ball. However we tried to keep playing which i for one admire.

Upfront and midfield wise i think we are ok especially with Cairney who can keep our passing going in tight situations and add more goin forward. I am also confident seri and Auguissa are the answers given time.

The back 5 five unfortunately a mess, we seem to be caught in two minds, do we want our full backs to be expansive or solid. Personally feel we have enough going forward without needing flying full backs.

I would have Odoi and Le Marchand with Ream and either Chambers/Mawson right side. This might be controversial and don't like saying it but 8 goals in two games is often the trigger for a change in keepers. Betts not done anything particularly bad maybe second goal today otherwise been ok but i get a feeling Rico will be given a chance very soon.

Confident we will be ok, will avoid hearing how sh#t we are for two weeks and look forward to getting some results after the international break.

FFCSteve

I'll bite for your hundredth post!
I thought we played well, they just took their chances. Look at the stats!
Thought the Ream sub was a weird one!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

jamesffc

Quote from: FFCSteve on October 07, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

Agree RE Ream, I thought it was naive for us to go three at the back against such an opposition. Although, I reckon it was lesson learnt and can't see us trying it again any time soon!

Robbie

We gave up after the second goal.

filham

If the Ream substitution was tactical, it was suicidal, and Jocanovic should be subjected to a 2 hour cross examination Monday morning.

Twig

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:07:20 PM
If the Ream substitution was tactical, it was suicidal, and Jocanovic should be subjected to a 2 hour cross examination Monday morning.

I also wondered whether it was tactical or enforced, but then I realised that if Ream had to come off we had a CB in Mawson on the bench. So I concluded it was a tactical decision to replace Ream with AK........insane.

fulhamben

I sort of agree with this, if we play how we did against most other teams, then we probably get a result. Arsenals attack is as good as our defence is bad, and thankfully they are one of the better ones in the league.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:07:20 PM
would have been suicidal to keep him on, he couldn't get anywhere near lacazate
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

We brought in AK47.

Arsenal brought in a consistent 20+ goal per season scoring Bundesliga star(Aubameyeng)...who happens to be faster than anyone on our back line.

Arsenal had more bullets and it showed.     They played their A game.