watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's ticketing and pricing

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, October 09, 2018, 02:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

Is there anyone else who thinks it would be good to have a this topic 'Fulham's ticketing and pricing' as a discussion thread. I believe there are lots of issues concerning Fulham's ticketing and pricing this season that deserve serious discussion on FoF, with contributions copied and sent to the the top person responsible for ticketing at Fulham FC..... with request for a response from the club.

Already, the Bournmouth match, still over two weeks away, is almost sold out. Expect mainly Bournemouth supporters to be occupying the Putney end. Expect lots of tickets being sold on the secondary on-line ticket sites (with large bundles of tickets from individual sellers!) at prices ranging from £80 to £300 per ticket. Expect lots of touts en route to match to be gobbling-up and selling spare tickets. Expect empty seats resulting from season ticket holders who cannot attend the match, and unable to transfer their seats to genuine Fulham supports (for free or at cost price) because no in-house ticket transfer scheme exists (but still being talked about by people in the club's ticket office). Expect season ticket holders unable to transfer their tickets to family or friends when they are forced to charge full adult prices (even on transfers to juniors). Expect genuine Fulham supporters sitting at home having been unable (as members) to afford to buy a ticket for the match ...... or (in the case of Bournemouth match) unable to buy at the last minute, when sudden personal circumstances may allow.

Then, the added concern regularly expressed on FoF of what season tickets may cost next season.

SuffolkWhite

Not too fussed about next seasons prices yet, will worry about it then. If I cant afford it I wont go simples.

Only gripe I have is this,

"empty seats resulting from season ticket holders who cannot attend the match, and unable to transfer their seats to genuine Fulham supports (for free or at cost price) because no in-house ticket transfer scheme exists."   
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HV71

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 09, 2018, 02:54:38 PM
Not too fussed about next seasons prices yet, will worry about it then. If I cant afford it I wont go simples.

"empty seats resulting from season ticket holders who cannot attend the match, and unable to transfer their seats to genuine Fulham supports (for free or at cost price) because no in-house ticket transfer scheme exists."   

Which has been stated before as being 'bonkers and stupid' . It not only doesn't make sense but is not a great reflection on the organisational capabilities of the club

hovewhite

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 09, 2018, 02:26:46 PM
Is there anyone else who thinks it would be good to have a this topic 'Fulham's ticketing and pricing' as a discussion thread. I believe there are lots of issues concerning Fulham's ticketing and pricing this season that deserve serious discussion on FoF, with contributions copied and sent to the the top person responsible for ticketing at Fulham FC..... with request for a response from the club.

Already, the Bournmouth match, still over two weeks away, is almost sold out. Expect mainly Bournemouth supporters to be occupying the Putney end. Expect lots of tickets being sold on the secondary on-line ticket sites (with large bundles of tickets from individual sellers!) at prices ranging from £80 to £300 per ticket. Expect lots of touts en route to match to be gobbling-up and selling spare tickets. Expect empty seats resulting from season ticket holders who cannot attend the match, and unable to transfer their seats to genuine Fulham supports (for free or at cost price) because no in-house ticket transfer scheme exists (but still being talked about by people in the club's ticket office). Expect season ticket holders unable to transfer their tickets to family or friends when they are forced to charge full adult prices (even on transfers to juniors). Expect genuine Fulham supporters sitting at home having been unable (as members) to afford to buy a ticket for the match ...... or (in the case of Bournemouth match) unable to buy at the last minute, when sudden personal circumstances may allow.

Then, the added concern regularly expressed on FoF of what season tickets may cost next season.

I believe it should be debated in a thread and sent to the ticket office manager to show the strength of feeling.

Twig

Touts etc are a fact of premiership football, get used to it.  It's unpleasant but inevitable.
There is no reason why ST holders can't let family or friends use their ST, just let them borrow it for the day.
Of course there will be Bournemouth fans in the Putney end, you'd expect that.
Next season's ST prices? Too early to debate, let's see what the circumstances are.
Supporters who are not STs should definitely join the membership scheme to be next in line for a ticket, let's face it it is a relatively cheap scheme.

The only serious point that I would agree should be raised with the club is the absence of a ST transfer scheme between ST holders who cannot attend and genuine FFC supporters. It would need some regulating to avoid scams but should be possible.

KJS

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 09, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

My sentiments exactly especially the re-sale issue which I find pathetic (as I do the inability to buy a hot drink for cash in the Hammy end!!)

BishopsParkFantastic

Thank you hovewhite for supporting my call for a debate thread on ticketing and pricing. The issues are much wider than ticket touts - i'm not going to repeat them, but are enshrined in my opening post on this thread.

There needs to be creative solutions to deliver the most effective ticketing at Fulham - because it has a relatively small capacity, and so popular with away supporters and tourists. It all starts with affordability of season tickets and goes through to preventing tickets reaching the touts and secondary on line sites. There needs to be new thinking on this - come on people, you must have experiences, concerns, thoughts and creative ideas on this topic........?

hovewhite

Thinking about this ,maybe the debate along with conclusions put through the FST that seems the logical thing to do.
I am E mailing the club individually on a regular basis.
I do think that is the way to go.
I am concerned that next year's S/T prices,now they say reviews haven't started but I can't see on business level how they haven't started the process  .
On match tickets I'm not sure how an average working man could take there kids on a regular basis.

KJS

Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2018, 10:29:04 AM
Thinking about this ,maybe the debate along with conclusions put through the FST that seems the logical thing to do.
I am E mailing the club individually on a regular basis.
I do think that is the way to go.
I am concerned that next year's S/T prices,now they say reviews haven't started but I can't see on business level how they haven't started the process  .
On match tickets I'm not sure how an average working man could take there kids on a regular basis.

How can the average working man afford to have 3 kids in the first place  1500.gif :Get Coat gif:

mullers

An important post.
I gave up my season ticket this season for a number of reasons, and when I did the price for it then went up 70%. Like everything there are two sides to that: the discounts I was offered keeping the price low against a substantial hike. I often feel the club tries to do the right thing but occasionally comes across as naive [as with the distribution of tickets for the Euro Final]. Also the prices they offer for season tickets mean that touts can get their money back over very few games compared to other clubs.
I raised the point about being able to transfer my ticket to other supporters at less than cost when I couldn't attend some years ago, but the club said they had a commercial deal with a ticketing agency who dealt with this.
I guess it's partly down to aspects of our uniqueness, a Premier League London club with a relatively small stadium and profile; so it's about taking the rough with the smooth - though I do think it's worth bringing the issue up with the club.

WhiteJC

if you look at it from the clubs point of view...
once you've paid for your ticket, they've got your money, £'s in the bank
if you don't turn up, they've still got your money
if you don't turn up you won't buy a pie and a pint at half-time, you keep your money
the club rents the kiosks to sell you food and drink, the club gets money from catering companies,
if you don't turn up, catering companies don't get your money

setting up a ticket transfer system, costs the club money with no commercial gain

so I don't think anything will ever happen, you are a customer NOT a fan

hovewhite

The post by JCW sums it up most on this site have the money as I can tell from the reply post's and if I was on there income it wouldn't matter because you worry about yourself mentality,so I believe the Khan's will forget about history of support.
They want the big  pound note earner which the lucky buggers on these sites are,as was I in my 20s and 30s.

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2018, 06:48:59 PM
The post by JCW sums it up most on this site have the money as I can tell from the reply post's and if I was on there income it wouldn't matter because you worry about yourself mentality,so I believe the Khan's will forget about history of support.
They want the big  pound note earner which the lucky buggers on these sites are,as was I in my 20s and 30s.
I'm interested, what is your idea of the income people have on here that it wouldn't matter what the cost was? 20k 30k 40k 50k 60k 70k plus?

Just the views of a long term fan

Riverside

On the issue of no commercial mechanism being available for ST to transfer their seats if they cannot go . I have 3 observations

1) I have been in ST seats of other clubs with this scheme and clearly I don't support their team

2) the Wembley final showed that ST holders could be trusted to make sure whoever they sold / gave Fulham end tickets  to were Fulham supporters

3) ST cards are not checked to see if you are the person on the card .

Therefore I conclude if you cannot go to a match sell/give your ST to another supporter you trust to give you on the back of the card . Keep it as a private transaction amongst trustworthy supporters .

Once there is a sell on option it become commercial and more non Fulham fans will be in the Hammersmith end ( and Riverside and JH )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on October 11, 2018, 08:57:27 AM

Point three has wider consequences especially age related. The club have found many fans using tickets for age ranges they do not fall into, hence some of the changes made this year. Unfortunately as usual in many areas of life its a minority that mess it up for the majority.

BishopsParkFantastic

In general I agree with with you Riverside; however, I live in Huddersfield and season ticket holder (travelled down by Megabus at 0430 in the morning against Arsenal). Logistically, it is not possible for me to pass my season ticket on to someone in London to use for matches - I just don't know any Fulham supporters personally, in London to do that. It does raise the intriguing idea of a sort of informal 'buddy' system whereby people share the use of season tickets - and cost! Anyone (over 65) a genuine long standing Fulham supporter want to be my 'buddy' for next season?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: MJG on October 11, 2018, 09:07:08 AM
Quote from: Riverside on October 11, 2018, 08:57:27 AM

Point three has wider consequences especially age related. The club have found many fans using tickets for age ranges they do not fall into, hence some of the changes made this year. Unfortunately as usual in many areas of life its a minority that mess it up for the majority.

Yep My Step Son (under 18 card) was asked his age recently, so I am guessing that the age does come up on the cards now. I'd happily lend my card to friends and family for no financial gain, but sometimes there are supporters on here that would benefit from going also. But I wont be sending my card by post to someone I don't know.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

Me and a fellow S/T holder if not going we give the spare S/T to each other.

MJG

Lots of this covered by the Trust with the club this week having just read the notes sent to members today.

BishopsParkFantastic

When Fulham were previously in the Premiership and, (still living in Huddersfield) I bought a 6 match 'season ticket' bundle which was fantastic - affordable and good value. I would propose that next season the club consider providing a similar scheme of  a 'limited season ticket' for Fulham supporters with a previous membership and/or season ticket history.