watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are going down aren't we

Started by fulhamben, October 20, 2018, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

The Championship isn't very enjoyable if you're doing badly.

It's too soon to throw in the towel for this season.
Somehow we need to find organisation in defence, even if it means Slavisa  shelving some of his principles. Results need to ground out, 0-0 daws,1-0 wins.

Forget the beautiful game, the winning points accumulating game is all that matters now.

But there's a long way to go this season - I expect the team to keep their heads up, battle and give everything in every game, and we fans need to stay behind them.

Togther we can do it.

COYW
049:gif

Skatzoffc

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 20, 2018, 05:30:08 PM
I love Scotty, don't get me wrong, but it's all gone pear-shaped since he took up the coaching role, and Stuart Gray left.

Agreed.
I think the loss of Stuart Gray is telling. The defense are all over the place. But the team is not defending from the front. So they're not doing as their told to work with Slav's style of play. Hence we keep conceding dreadfully amateurish goals.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

A home defeat next week and we will need another Woy to perform a Great Escape.

RaySmith

Pat Nevin, speaking on 5 Live about the bottom three, said how impressed he'd been with our quality and style, after he'd watched our first game of the season, but we couldn't defend.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: RaySmith on October 21, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

Somehow we need to find organisation in defence, even if it means Slavisa  shelving some of his principles. Results need to ground out, 0-0 daws,1-0 wins.

Forget the beautiful game, the winning points accumulating game is all that matters now.

But there's a long way to go this season - I expect the team to keep their heads up, battle and give everything in every game, and we fans need to stay behind them.

Togther we can do it.

COYW

0001.jpeg

JoelH5

Quote from: EastEndWhite on October 21, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on October 21, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

Togther we can do it.

COYW

0001.jpeg

I admire the optimism but just keeping the faith and wanting to win doesn't equal points? Slav isn't going to change his footballing philosophy. He's always said he isn't going to. So what's going to suddenly drastically change?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham 442

RaySmith

Giving up so early in the season, or even near the end, and not giving the players my wholehearted support when they take the pitch, which doesn't mean you can't criticise team and tactics,  isn't an option for me - I'll always do it, as will most Fulham fans however much they moan about things.

And I obviously don't ever expect the players not to  do their best in every game.

This isn't the same as blind optimism, but I am a SUPPORTER so tend to hope the team will do well -  that's what I want, and want and hope  are connected aren't they?

Anyway, surely too early in the season to give up, though no doubt relegation is a definite possibility if we don't start picking up points, and sorting the defending out.

MJG

Too early to say but its clear that its now a relegation fight type season for sure.

You can look back over last two seasons and we have been written off at about the same time. The bigger picture is yet to unfold so we need a little patience and then review.
Just the views of a long term fan

SuffolkWhite

It's a relegation fight and was always going to be. Slav has to change tactics now, I don't think its the players being bad but the tactics and gelling. We cant play with a high line, and whoever plays at right back gets caught out every game.

I'm not for Slav getting the shove just yet though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 22, 2018, 08:35:29 AM
It's a relegation fight and was always going to be. Slav has to change tactics now, I don't think its the players being bad but the tactics and gelling. We cant play with a high line, and whoever plays at right back gets caught out every game.

I'm not for Slav getting the shove just yet though.

I too think we need to give Jokanovic more time but the big question is how much longer. Two more matches has been suggested, our defence is rock bottom just now, can't see that being improved in the next two games.

Woolly Mammoth

Don't panic Mr Manerin, we may be currently third from bottom, but we are not even a quarter of the way into the season.
Now I know the League Table does not lie, however, we do have enough quality to survive, certainly more than at least three other teams.
But we have to prove it on the pitch by winning games and picking up points.
Maybe we need to tweek our system of play, Obviously there appears to be an issue on the Managers starting lineups.
If he his allowing other issues to cloud his judgement, then he may have a problem.
But he has to stop the rot.
No one player alone is responsible, this is a collective situation, but Jok must know by now that this is a results business, and he has to curtail his swashbuckling gung-ho approach, by drilling the team into being hard to beat.
Otherwise he could find himself on a sticky wicket.
He has to identify which players he can rely on in a dog fight, the ones that will roll up their sleeves and have the desire and appetite and hunger to battle for every point.
He needs them on his side, and he needs them on his side now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RoyTund

Too early to say that but sat was very alarming. That was a bizarre back 4 in that system. Mawson has and can play at this level. Injuries have not helped. We looked better with bryan and tfm

Denver Fulham

We're in a different and much better league this season. That Slav got things right eventually in the last two seasons doesn't matter much to me. It's much more possible that his preferred style doesn't work in the Prem with the talent we have than we're just going to start playing much better, but I'd like to see Cairney back healthy before I completely abandon hope.

FFC1987

Way too early to judge. We can definitely turn it around but if we play like that for large portions of tehs eason, we not only go down, but we break a few records....(most goals conceded in EPL and potentially lowest points). Its still way too early to judge though. A run of good results now and we'll be singing a different tune.

cottage expat

There's still plenty of time to salvage the season. However, if we lose the Bournemouth and Huddersfield matches Slav will be gone and the problem will be finding a decent replacement.

hovewhite

Quote from: cottage expat on October 22, 2018, 04:52:18 PM
There's still plenty of time to salvage the season. However, if we lose the Bournemouth and Huddersfield matches Slav will be gone and the problem will be finding a decent replacement.
then panic will set in!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RoyTund on October 22, 2018, 01:33:22 PM
Too early to say that but sat was very alarming. That was a bizarre back 4 in that system. Mawson has and can play at this level. Injuries have not helped. We looked better with bryan and tfm
:plus one: Chambers v Josh Murphy? A car crash waiting to happen, but not waiting very long.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

EJL

Quote from: Snibbo on October 21, 2018, 03:32:56 AM
Quote from: Camel Club on October 20, 2018, 07:43:41 PM
One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing time and time again but to expect a different outcome.

SJ appears not to have learned anything over the past 9 games. Unless he is prepared to play 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1) and compromise on his preferred style until at least such time as his defence has gained a bit of confidence he needs to go.

This is what worries me,  his "I'm not going to change my approach" attitude. Well he'd better bloody change because we are in a different league now,  which presents different problems.
I think you're taking that too literally. You can be successful in this league by playing on the ground and dominating possession while being solid enough to avoid relegation. What he means is he can't go in to training the day after a bad defeat and go: "Alright guys, remember the philosophy I've stuck with throughout my time there and throughout my career? Yeah, let's chuck that." Because if you do that, the dressing room's gone. He needs to tweak his approach and make it work, not change his style.

Bill2

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 21, 2018, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 20, 2018, 05:30:08 PM
I love Scotty, don't get me wrong, but it's all gone pear-shaped since he took up the coaching role, and Stuart Gray left.

Agreed.
I think the loss of Stuart Gray is telling. The defense are all over the place. But the team is not defending from the front. So they're not doing as their told to work with Slav's style of play. Hence we keep conceding dreadfully amateurish goals.

Just brought myself to watch the highlights from Cardiff and can't believe how bad our defending was for their first goal, it would not have happened on Sunday league amateur match. The paper said we were awful and we were.

Well as I was depressed thought I would watch U23 highlights v West Brom, bad move. Defending was even worse their left winger must have had a contagious disease as our full back gave him so much room, surely even in the most basic tactics is that you get goal side. I know we play wing backs but if their forward is standing on the line just on side you need to cover.

Urgent need to review our defending.