watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are going down aren't we

Started by fulhamben, October 20, 2018, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Our defence is as bad as any I've ever seen in the prem. Players like chambers mawson ream Christie mlm just aren't prem quality. Don't think mcdonald or johanaen should ever be starting again either.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

No doubt about it. I am afraid it is simply embarrassing. Shame as going forward we have something. But defensively we don't know what we are doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Yes, I think so, we are simply showing no signs of improvement defensively.

Oakeshott

Yes we are, unless we change the manager. Great in the Championship but showing no sign of knowing how to organise a defence in the Premiership or learning from experience.

Aaron

Yes, and while the last few seasons have shown me that life in the Championship isn't a bad thing (I genuinely preferred it to the PL) I at least wanted to see us make a fight of it.  Doesn't look like we're going to do that at the minute though.

JoelH5

Thank god there's a lot of football left. Sack him tonight and we've got time to fix this.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Deeping_white

Well if nothing changes we will, but act fast enough and get in a coach to restore some order to the team and we've got enough quality to be okay, once someone actually organises the defence because offensively we're absolutely fine

Artful Dodger

I was prepared to put the recent run down to playing City, Arsenal, Everton but to concede 4 to Cardiff is awful. I love Slav but he either needs to prove he can organise the team to defend or he needs to step aside. The only consolation is that we are still only a few points from other teams above us.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

lasse vigen

I love Joka for what he has done, but yeah this is getting embarrassing. Another shambolic display. I can tolerate it against Arsenal, but letting in 4 goals to Cardiff?

To be honest I don't think we look great going forward either - not enjoyable to watch.

Something has to give. Fulham aren't playing as a team and it is clear to see.

Sgt Fulham

Likely yes, but everyone around us keeps losing. Cardiff will go down with or without us, and so if we can somehow change style and sort out our defence we may scrape survival.

We still have time to fix this, but we must act fast and make the correct decisions.

ChesterTheTabby

When one fails to adapt, they lose the plot entirely in this league. We're making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  to relegation.

Thanks Mods, you're the best for manipulating my words, I needed that.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

New Kid on the Block

I love Scotty, don't get me wrong, but it's all gone pear-shaped since he took up the coaching role, and Stuart Gray left.

Twig

Can we get Roy back (joking)? At least he drilled shape into his teams. This lot don't know their jobs, look like strangers to each other, don't play as a unit.

Fulham 442

Agree with all the comments on this thread, which is rare. Very sad to see us absolutely floundering.  Unless something changes pdq we're nailed on for relegation.

Jimsbeerbelly

Yes, been through a couple with this Club, and it stinks of one.

Mince n Tatties

Camel Club

One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing time and time again but to expect a different outcome.

SJ appears not to have learned anything over the past 9 games. Unless he is prepared to play 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1) and compromise on his preferred style until at least such time as his defence has gained a bit of confidence he needs to go.

Berserker

We need better coaching staff and also give Betts a rest, something isn't right at the club on the field and off. Keep Slav for now as we haven't a better alternative anyway and see if we can turn it around.

If nothing changes in the next few games then yes it doesn't look good

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Snibbo

Quote from: Camel Club on October 20, 2018, 07:43:41 PM
One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing time and time again but to expect a different outcome.

SJ appears not to have learned anything over the past 9 games. Unless he is prepared to play 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1) and compromise on his preferred style until at least such time as his defence has gained a bit of confidence he needs to go.

This is what worries me,  his "I'm not going to change my approach" attitude. Well he'd better bloody change because we are in a different league now,  which presents different problems.

hovewhite

Quote from: Aaron on October 20, 2018, 04:56:07 PM
Yes, and while the last few seasons have shown me that life in the Championship isn't a bad thing (I genuinely preferred it to the PL) I at least wanted to see us make a fight of it.  Doesn't look like we're going to do that at the minute though.
tend to agree with you championship a lot more enjoyable, defensively we're shot right now.
Going down.