watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody think Joka should continue??

Started by davew, October 20, 2018, 05:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Not read 1 supporter so far tonight, he should do the honourable thing before FFC becomes a laughing stock!  093.gif
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Russianrob

Yes l''ll stick my neck out as I still firmly believe he is a top manager and the doubters will be forced to eat humble pie.He made a mistake in approving the appointment of Parker though!

Mince n Tatties

hovewhite

Yes,for now but vast improvement quickly needed!

Statto

Should get 2 more games IMO. same reasons copied from another thread:

A) We're still nowhere near being adrift  of(ie 3+ points away from) 17th, which for me is the deadline by which you need a change. I reckon we could lose the next 3 games and still be within 1 win of 17th.

B) Jokanovic has always, at both Fulham and even at Watford, taken until about November to get his teams sorted. Thereafter they've been very good, more than compensating for the earlier poor performances.

C) We've made a higher number of new signings than most clubs, and as I said in the summer, overall we signed them later than most clubs. 5 on deadline day FFS! Madness from Tony Khan. An extra allowance has to be made for that IMO.

D) I don't buy this "his style doesn't work in the PL" argument. It does. It's the same style all the successful teams play. Generally speaking in this league, the more possession, passes, and pass completion you have, the more points you get. 

E) We have an international break in 3 games' time. That's a good opportunity to change, if we're going to. A new manager isn't going to come in this week and sort us out by next Saturday.

elgreenio

Yep I'm behind him 100%. I see no point in changing at the moment. If it's like this at Christmas then we'll have to rethink and play the survival game if need be.

Once Cairney and <insert every defender> are fit and we can pick the same side every week in our 4-5-1/4-3-3 system things will pick up
touch my camera through the fence

hopper

Quote from: Statto on October 20, 2018, 05:39:45 PM

A) We're still nowhere near being adrift  of(ie 3+ points away from) 17th, which for me is the deadline by which you need a change. I reckon we could lose the next 3 games and still be within 1 win of 17th.

B) Jokanovic has always, at both Fulham and even at Watford, taken until about November to get his teams sorted. Thereafter they've been very good, more than compensating for the earlier poor performances.

C) We've made a higher number of new signings than most clubs, and as I said in the summer, overall we signed them later than most clubs. 5 on deadline day FFS! Madness from Tony Khan. An extra allowance has to be made for that IMO.

D) I don't buy this "his style doesn't work in the PL" argument. It does. It's the same style all the successful teams play. Generally speaking in this league, the more possession, passes, and pass completion you have, the more points you get. 

E) We have an international break in 3 games' time. That's a good opportunity to change, if we're going to. A new manager isn't going to come in this week and sort us out by next Saturday.

Very good post, taking the emotion away - this feels objective and sound. 3 games to see what he can do.

IKnowNothing

Sanity! At last.

davew

Sanity at last (lol), well it won't last for long for those that think they have retained it. I don't just blame him for where we are at the moment, but he has to take most of the responsibility, his team selections, constant changes and to say the least his policy of team substitutions are strange to put it politely, a more accurate description would require censorship! Ok a few more games in charge then maybe 1 more point, 8 to 10 more goals conceded and maybe as Statto says we are still in touch with 3 other teams and then what?? Changing the manager will not sole the problem but it might help, as for the international break helping (again), well the 2 breaks so far haven't helped except for us to get worse. We are not condemned yet, just getting closer as each game is played. At least we can't blame Kline!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

Quote from: IKnowNothing on October 20, 2018, 05:47:13 PM

Sanity! At last.

+1

WhiteJC

Quote from: elgreenio on October 20, 2018, 05:40:52 PM
Yep I'm behind him 100%. I see no point in changing at the moment. If it's like this at Christmas then we'll have to rethink and play the survival game if need be.

Once Cairney and <insert every defender> are fit and we can pick the same side every week in our 4-5-1/4-3-3 system things will pick up

I'm also behind Slav, he 's the best Fulham manager since Tigana, when we went on that unbeaten run last season it was some of the best football I've seen Fulham play, my first game was 1966.
The main problem has been NOT having a consistent back 4, you can't blame him for the injuries, once we get a consistent back 4 we'll give anyone a game, our midfield and attack are far better than most outside of the top 6.

It's time to get behind the team and stand up if you still believe

The Old Count

Quote from: hovewhite on October 20, 2018, 05:37:23 PM
Yes,for now but vast improvement quickly needed!

Good post. Sensible overview.

JHS66

I've been watching Fulham for almost 40 years and in that time the best times imo have been under Tigana and Slav (though Super MAC wasn't bad either). I would like to see him stay and if we go down so be it. I'd rather play expansive football in the championship than defensive in the prem when our only target is to survive.
Alternatively, if the owner is offering an open cheque book, fine, sack him. Get a world class manager, world class players and lets go for champions league.

Logicalman

Here is another 'Yes he should continue' for you.

Well, you did ask!!!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

snarks

Milo

Agree with timeframe and points (as always!).

I feel Jokanovic is now in hot water but not sackable yet.

Main issues are:

1. No Premiership full backs signed in summer
2. Chambers and Mawson underperforming considerably in central defence (although compensated by Odoi and Ream of late)
3. Team selection in defence - clear to me of late the back four should be Odoi RB - Ream RCB - MLM LCB - R Sess LB from performances so far this season

Only number 3 is Jokanovic's fault and all three have contributed to our league position.

Logicalman

Quote from: Milo on October 20, 2018, 07:55:41 PM

Agree with timeframe and points (as always!).

I feel Jokanovic is now in hot water but not sackable yet.

Main issues are:

1. No Premiership full backs signed in summer
2. Chambers and Mawson underperforming considerably in central defence (although compensated by Odoi and Ream of late)
3. Team selection in defence - clear to me of late the back four should be Odoi RB - Ream RCB - MLM LCB - R Sess LB from performances so far this season

Only number 3 is Jokanovic's fault and all three have contributed to our league position.

Yup, and i hate to say it but I think we are missing Fred.  093.gif  :dead horse:  :Get Coat gif:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

AnOldBrownie

I fell in love with his offensive style of football.  If the team doesn't show improvement by the end of November (players out on injury should all then be back..specifically Cairney and Fosu-Mensah) and they are at full strength then the team should THEN go in a different direction and use the January transfer window as an enticing cog to bring in a new manager.

Problem is, the manager will probably be someone who was already unsuccessful in the EPL.

I think the team should stick with Slav for 5 more weeks.

filham

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 20, 2018, 07:05:20 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on October 20, 2018, 05:40:52 PM

I'm also behind Slav, he 's the best Fulham manager since Tigana, when we went on that unbeaten run last season it was some of the best football I've seen Fulham play, my first game was 1966.
The main problem has been NOT having a consistent back 4, you can't blame him for the injuries, once we get a consistent back 4 we'll give anyone a game, our midfield and attack are far better than most outside of the top 6.

It's time to get behind the team and stand up if you still believe
But we don't know what our best back four is, not all of the changes are injury enforced.

!00m  spent on new players, one win in nine games and 25 goals conceded. Have we ever had a worse start to a season.

Jocanovic has had two really good half seasons with us, the rest of the time his results have not been particularly good.
Never the less we should give him a little longer but we had best start thinking of a replacement right now so that a quick change can be made in December if things don't get better.

bog

Yes. I knew we would lose today. Any other old sods like me have seen so many times down the years that if a team has not won for ages (ie Sunderland last season) or a player has not scored for ages then that team will beat us and that goalscorer will score v us. Tosud had not scored since April for Everton. John Obi Mikel had not ever scored for that other lot and he scored twice v us.

However our Boss has to sort that defence out. I know it is the bleeding obvious, but a couple of defensive signings have not done their job, they have to stand up and perform. I could not stomach Attaprice or Moyes being muted. Come on Slav!   

092.gif