watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Nita big enough heart ( not enough to pump the blood to his extremities that is )

AnOldBrownie

Well...Seri doesn't have the defense or work rate of N'Golo.    Guess we'll see how the new manager uses him.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 11, 2018, 07:52:28 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 04:08:55 PM

If Cairney got Seri's minutes I'd say he'd have those numbers too.   Cairney tends to put in a little more fight though.   And Cairney is less likely to get dispossed, and when he does he knows how to get the ball back.

Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee who has gotten more playing time than anyone other than Sess, Mitro and Schurrle.   

Excellent points made!
As I made clear when he signed, Seri did not cost anything like £27m.  Closer to half that. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 14, 2018, 07:48:30 PM

If Cairney got Seri's minutes I'd say he'd have those numbers too.   Cairney tends to put in a little more fight though.   And Cairney is less likely to get dispossed, and when he does he knows how to get the ball back.

Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee who has gotten more playing time than anyone other than Sess, Mitro and Schurrle.   

Excellent points made!
As I made clear when he signed, Seri did not cost anything like £27m.  Closer to half that.

Well...I feel better about them not using him moving forward then.   It's easier to bench at 15 million player.   

I didn't see your previous post about the actual cost of Seri.     I wouldn't have been less critical, but I would have been more understanding of the purchase.

I doubt he's used much moving forward.

Statto

Excellent points made!
Evidence?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

Excellent points made!
Evidence?
Well, Sky for one but obviously that's pinch of salt.
And it was a combined 27m deal with Le Marchand, so you can spin the price weighting however you like, but the fact is he wasn't anywhere near as expensive as people make him out to be, especially since MLM has been one of our better performers this season.

AnOldBrownie

Excellent points made!

According to your post MLM cost more than Seri.     If you thought 30 million for the two was on the mark, and you only think Seri was bought for 12, that means you think the squad paid 17 million or so for MLM.

If that's true I'm trying to figure out why people were so high on Seri (based on the eyeball test in every game this season).

It also explains why he was having such a difficult time bossing the midfield this season against poor teams (Huddersfield/Cardiff/Brighton)

Southcoastffc

I've never claimed £30m for any player(s), just that Seri's cost has been very overstated. See posts on 14 July last.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

Excellent points made!
Evidence?

Where's yours??

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 14, 2018, 09:48:26 PM
I've never claimed £30m for any player(s), just that Seri's cost has been very overstated. See posts on 14 July last.

QuoteAnd I have no idea what Max Le M cost but instinctively, I doubt that the £30m for the two that has been bandied about is way off the mark.

You did type that in the Seri cost thread correct?   That implies you "think" 17 mil for MLM is close to the mark.

Not to be argumentative.   Just clarifying.   

I've spent all this season thinking the team's big signing of the summer (other than Mitro) was Seri.    But if MLM cost more than him how important could his signing have been?

Slav tried his hardest to squeeze the guy into the starting lineup every week...to the detriment of the midfield.    Plus, with Cairney injured all Slav had to fall back on was Seri, Anguissa, Johan, McD...none EPL experienced.

Southcoastffc

Aah, so sorry. That was a very bad and misleading typo. I meant to say that I doubt the figure, and that I felt that £30m was way off the mark.

Statto

Quote from: KJS on November 14, 2018, 09:54:08 PM

Excellent points made!
Evidence?

Where's yours??

The Telegraph - £25m
SkySports - £30m the pair
The Guardian - £25m
Talk Sport - £25m
The Times - £30m the pair
The Independent - £25m
Transfermarkt - £27m

Now don't get me wrong, I don't take sports journos' claims as gospel, but when they are all reporting something that consistently, I'm heavily inclined to believe it, unless of course someone has some compelling evidence to the contrary. Which is why I said... Evidence?

Spirit of 2000

The 3 of them cost £50m from what I remember at the time. Anguissa 27m. Seri 20m and MLM 3m.

Neil D

I think Seri will struggle to find a place in Ranieri's set-up so it doesn't much matter what he cost.  Whatever it was, it was too much.  Ranieri's high - pressing style requires aggressive, powerful ball-winners and ball-keepers.  Seri can't do either of those with much conviction.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Neil D on November 15, 2018, 07:03:06 AM
I think Seri will struggle to find a place in Ranieri's set-up so it doesn't much matter what he cost.  Whatever it was, it was too much.  Ranieri's high - pressing style requires aggressive, powerful ball-winners and ball-keepers.  Seri can't do either of those with much conviction.

Seri is totally not a Ranieri type player - he wants players who will work hard, win the ball and recylcle quickly for counter attacks and press the play hard when not in possession - 100% not Seri!

Statto

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 15, 2018, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: Neil D on November 15, 2018, 07:03:06 AM

Seri is totally not a Ranieri type player - he wants players who will work hard, win the ball and recylcle quickly for counter attacks and press the play hard when not in possession - 100% not Seri!
0001.gif

RaySmith

To be fair, he could come good if used in a different way. It's possible.

I'm sure Ranieri will consider all available options. But, I'm sure he will soon tell him he's not up to scratch, or he thinks he's not pulling his weight.

HV71

He is up to scratch - he just hasn't been pulling his weight ( for whatever reason ) . The new manager will get it out of him or he will be dropped  a threat which should have the desired effect

Baszab

Give johansen a chance - he may not be too PL quality but he will give everything and chase and press

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Baszab on November 15, 2018, 09:24:13 AM
Give johansen a chance - he may not be too PL quality but he will give everything and chase and press

High energy & box to box, likes a tackle. I think Stef Jo will be one that benefits from Ranieri coming in and will start to feature.