https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If he plays Bettinelli one more time

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 20, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: FFCSteve on October 26, 2018, 07:09:23 PM
WTF!
Are either of the other two keepers better than Betts?
I recall many wanting Betts back at the start of the season!
People amaze me stating the bleeding obvious! The whole team are only as good as the rest of the team!
Defensively we have been awful, but it's not just there! Midfield has been terrible as well!
The keeper needs protection from his defenders, as defence needs the midfield to take pressure off of them!
A lot of you sound like it's all the keepers fault!

Quick question for you and others posting the same sort of thing:

Will you be happy if Chambers starts tomorrow?

Twig

WTF!
People amaze me stating the bleeding obvious! The whole team are only as good as the rest of the team!
Defensively we have been awful, but it's not just there! Midfield has been terrible as well!
The keeper needs protection from his defenders, as defence needs the midfield to take pressure off of them!

I completely agree with you.  Of course the defence has been terrible but I am just as worried about our defending in the midfield and up front.  Neither Schurrle nor Vietto does any defending from the front, Johansen and K Mac have looked out of their depth in midfield, Seri has been patchy and Zambo hasn't settled in. None of them seem to understand their role, the team shape or have any understanding with their team mates.  Consequently we are far too easy to open up and the poor old keeper (whoever he is) faces a regular bombardment of shots to handle.

@jolslover

Quote from: Twig on October 26, 2018, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: Andyb on October 26, 2018, 06:28:47 PM
Betts normally posts a picture on instagram day before to suggest he's playing. No picture yet..... RICO TIME!!

That's a shame.

No it's not.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Twig on October 26, 2018, 08:22:55 PM
WTF!

I completely agree with you.  Of course the defence has been terrible but I am just as worried about our defending in the midfield and up front.  Neither Schurrle nor Vietto does any defending from the front, Johansen and K Mac have looked out of their depth in midfield, Seri has been patchy and Zambo hasn't settled in. None of them seem to understand their role, the team shape or have any understanding with their team mates.  Consequently we are far too easy to open up and the poor old keeper (whoever he is) faces a regular bombardment of shots to handle.

Just looked through your posts and its so funny that your now preaching 'any keeper would look bad with this defence'
After 2 games you were calling for Fabri to be dropped on here.
STH H3

FFCSteve

Quote from: @jolslover on October 26, 2018, 08:30:17 PM
WTF!

Just looked through your posts and its so funny that your now preaching 'any keeper would look bad with this defence'

No! It should be read as "a lot of you sound like its all Bettinellis fault" as this is a post about Bettinelli.

Fabri was untried and didn't fair well! He was played ahead of Bettinelli who was bedded into the team, and had been good the previous season! Why would you not have played him! (Eh! Betinelli)
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on October 26, 2018, 08:30:17 PM
WTF!

Flattered that you took the trouble and yes, I did. I still wouldn't want him back because I think his judgement was poorer than Betts and he didn't show any significant areas where he was an upgrade. That said i stand by my view that it is not easy for any keeper behind our current defensive efforts. I don't see any logical inconsistency in my posts, perhaps you could explain?

rvFFC

Awful that Fabri is getting the Button treatment. Just because Betts is from our academy doesn't mean he's better