watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 Proposals

Started by Tyske, October 21, 2018, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I've refrained from posting anything negative and fully agree with the OP .
It doesn't help anyone's well being let alone the players or boss who I'm sure read some of it.

I also know it's here for people to express their opinions, but so much negativity. I'm off to nth Wales for a few days whilst things calm down , hopefully.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2018, 05:38:23 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on October 21, 2018, 04:50:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2018, 04:15:27 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on October 21, 2018, 02:45:54 PM
The 'common factor' (FWIW) last October (when we were also struggling) was 'players out of position', 'Jokanovic's tactics and substitutions', 'players not of Championship standard', 'idiotic substitutions', 'expensive signings not fit for purpose', 'Jokanovic's stubbornness', etc., etc.  Of course, none of them actually tell us how it all turned out in the end.

So he keeps on making the same mistakes season after season and that is a good thing because he got it right in the end?
You mean it was a mistake to get promotion...
I think I understand where you are going with that argument.

I think we had the best team in the league by far and crept in via the lottery of the play offs. I think Joka deserves great credit. But to expect him to keep on struggling until Christmas in the hope he will recapture some magic formula and make that a case for debate seems odd. Now I do understand that those who will always put the Coach above the players will say it is the players fault. Nobody can argue that they have been woeful. But equally one must not pretend the Coach is some innocent victim. I just don't see the argument that he won us promotion despite the problems before Christmas is a valid one.
One thing I will say about Jokanovic's sides, at least at Fulham, is that they are sometimes capable of producing the absolute anti-climax to end all anti-climaxes after a blistering display in the previous game.   This season he hasn't exactly got into the period where his sides are 'blistering'.  I also seem to remember that Targett and Mitro were the players who turned a good side into a really good side.  They were the keys that were needed in the summer window and had we had them from the start then records could have been broken on any number of items.  That is the problem as I see it when recruitment is not as bright as it could and should be.  Sometimes our signings really pay off whereas and mostly at other times there are no instant fits or wins.  That is what I believe is the problem we have at this moment and the quality the money should have bought is not as clear as it probably should have been at those prices. 

By Xmas we will either be lot healthier both as a football team and as supporters or we may have a lot of new negative threads about sacking whoever the head coach is by then.  My thoughts are simply that for all his flaws Jokanovic bettering him at this stage is going to be very risky indeed, and if we don't better him then what is the point?

Luka

I watched it live and then again on tv.
If we had started Odoi at right back then things would have been very different.
Big mistake by the manager trusting Chambers in that role. Chambers has done nothing so far to say he deserves a start. Slav made the choice and we lost. Bad judgement on his side.
Just saying !

Keefy

Broadly speaking the most successful teams are those that have a consistent and settled line up, particularly in defense. This season we have changed almost every game largely due to injuries. Only when we have had the first choice back four play a number of games together can we really objectively judge.  At the beginning of the season I believed that the new squad was stronger than last years.....I still do but we have yet to see the full squad play together in any meaningful way. Time will tell but I think things will turn around as they did last season. My main worry is that this division is far harder than the championship to claw back points differentials. It is a fact that the  bottom eight teams ( including us ) are all similar in ability and still , despite all the doom and gloom on this board within a win and a draw or to from us.

COYW   

Whitesideup

1) Good first post
2) Welcome back the real Mr Lighthouse - making a gloomy room even darker.  You have put those errant moments of positivity and optimism behind you. I'm trying to imagine what a festive experience an evening on the beer would be with you and Statto.

Things can only get better !!!!!
COYW!