watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Slavisa turn it around?

Started by Bassey the warrior, October 22, 2018, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I love Slavisa and for me he's been our best manager since Roy and of course we play much better football.

However, this season we've been appalling and it's so painful seeing us get regularly mauled.

The man usually exudes cool composure but his decisions lately have demonstrated desperation and confusion. I think the only way he's not getting fired is if the boys really put on a play for him and take the game to Bournemouth. We need a good performance.

The thing is if we can over these jitters I think we'll build momentum and be fine. And yes it may be time to play Rico, but for God's sake just not Chambers.

FFC1987

yes he can. Albeit he needs to buck his ideas up from last game. His selection and subs were appalling.

RaySmith

He's done it before - like last season, when many were calling for him to go.

Matt10

Sunderland gutting 1-0 loss last year, with Johansen playing that False-9.

Once he axed that idea, we were better for it. This time, he needs to axe more than one of the ideas he's had.

RaySmith

It shows his guts, you could say - willing to  experiment, to try things, when other managers would just play safe - and it's worked for him in the past.

He's  trying to find a set up that works, with the players  available. If his formation had worked  on Saturday, he'd be a hero, and we did go one up, then  equalise, but  mistakes undid us again.

If we can get rid of the defensive errors, as the players get used to each other and build confidence, we could do well.

A win, even if a bit of luck is involved- a dodgy  ref's decision going our way, an og, a mishit shot,  will make all the difference. This squad  could really do well, when it gets  going, gets some  fluidity and confidence.

Lighthouse

Yes he can. But not if he thinks playing with non attacking wing backs for the first time against the worst side in the division was a good idea. Not if he thinks he can play a different back four every game is a good idea. Not if he plays Chambers as anything but a warning to others about how good Senderos really was.

Yes he can and he must. This isn't a fan fight between who wants him to go or leave. We all want success. There are no ulterior motives here from any Fulham fan. But we all know what is needed. It is no good just blaming the players or the transfers in.

Come on Coach show you can actually make a Prem side without it conceding a hat full of goals. We are all behind you.  But frustration is having its way with many of us. Sort it out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The old mucker

I said in a previous post regarding the defence do we have a specialized defence coach  or does slav do most of it himself

colinwhite

I hope so but its going to be hard !

WhiteJC

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The old mucker on October 22, 2018, 04:31:23 PM
I said in a previous post regarding the defence do we have a specialized defence coach  or does slav do most of it himself

If we don't it may be a good time to hire one.

Neil D

How can you have chosen this moniker all the way back in 2012 when you joined the board?  You must have had a premonition or is it possible to change your board thingy without re-setting your posts total?  Re the OP.  Yes - he can and will.

hovewhite

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 22, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
Yes he can. But not if he thinks playing with non attacking wing backs for the first time against the worst side in the division was a good idea. Not if he thinks he can play a different back four every game is a good idea. Not if he plays Chambers as anything but a warning to others about how good Senderos really was.

Yes he can and he must. This isn't a fan fight between who wants him to go or leave. We all want success. There are no ulterior motives here from any Fulham fan. But we all know what is needed. It is no good just blaming the players or the transfers in.

Come on Coach show you can actually make a Prem side without it conceding a hat full of goals. We are all behind you.  But frustration is having its way with many of us. Sort it out.

+1 - but his stubborness may be his undoing. His isn't just a little off, it looks as if he's lost the plot completely, and the system went from needing tinkering to a train wreck. They players can't do what is asked of them at the moment, so he is going to have to adapt to his players lack in confidence and ability and this is not an easy task.

Thing is, his style matches Chelsea or winning teams that dominate, not ours. I just don't know if he can find the right way with our current squad.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Neil D on October 22, 2018, 06:14:11 PM
How can you have chosen this moniker all the way back in 2012 when you joined the board?  You must have had a premonition or is it possible to change your board thingy without re-setting your posts total?  Re the OP.  Yes - he can and will.

Yes you can change your name by editing your profile. I've actually changed it twice. Originally it was about Mousa Dembele, hence the moose image.

Woolly Mammoth

I hope Slav can turn it around, for his sake, the clubs sake and all our sakes.
Will he turn it around ? That I am not quite sure about 100%, we have to be realistic.
If we only accumulate 5 points in the next 9 games, like the 5 points in the last 9 games, including more goals against.
That is half the season gone.
Then again a win on Saturday and a decent performance could change all that.
So I reckon we owe it to him to be given a chance to stop the rot.
But as each defeat goes by, and as each goal is conceded, it will only put him under more pressure.
It could be and should be a long hard week on the training ground for all and sundry.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Pressure is something all coaches that select teams is an ongoing thing and I hope ,he gets the chance.
Do I think he can? Yes.

..FOF..

I have a feeling that Joka knew that the team won't be performing well against Cardiff when he said pre-game that the match will not define their season.

His history have shown that he is the man to turn things around.

Just that, that time is not now.

Woolly Mammoth

Well he had better start getting his act together, and show some urgency, and make sure the players show some urgency, because the problems will not solve themselves, and he may not have as much time as he thinks, if there is no sign of any improvement in the next few games.
I want him to succeed, but only he can control that, and if some players have stopped playing for him because he has lost respect, then his job will be that much harder.
Obviously we are not party to what takes place behind closed doors, but there is certainly cause for concern, and we are possibly seeing the fallout.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

YankeeJim

I hate to say it but he needs to stop the bleeding. We give up 4 to a team that had scored 4 in the previous 8. Park the damn bus for God's sake. Use our outside speed and pump long balls and crosses to Mitro. Ugly football to be sure but we need points and I don't care how we get them.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.