watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need to put in a bid for.....

Started by davew, October 26, 2018, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

the whole of the QPR defence, impressive (again), how much would we need to pay for a job lot?  I have watched a lot of Championship matches lately and am wondering if we were still in that division, where would be in that league now, not 18th but not in the top 4 either! We need to start building for next season, a lot of these teams look pretty good not full of expensive foreigners, but grafters!! We all know that FFC did great last year but the influx of so many new players may well be our downfall this season?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

It's be smarter to snake their defensive coach and grab a mid table premier league quality FB. (Even Ryan Fredericks)
Quote from: davew on October 26, 2018, 09:48:26 PM
the whole of the QPR defence, impressive (again), how much would we need to pay for a job lot?  I have watched a lot of Championship matches lately and am wondering if we were still in that division, where would be in that league now, not 18th but not in the top 4 either! We need to start building for next season, a lot of these teams look pretty good not full of expensive foreigners, but grafters!! We all know that FFC did great last year but the influx of so many new players may well be our downfall this season?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

davew

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 26, 2018, 10:00:27 PM
It's be smarter to snake their defensive coach and grab a mid table premier league quality FB. (Even Ryan Fredericks)
Quote from: davew on October 26, 2018, 09:48:26 PM

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Anything would be better than what we are doing now!!

SP

Interesting game this evening, I didn't see one premier league standard player on the pitch nor anyone close.  How poor are Villa, they've got some real talent but are nearer the relegation zone than challenging for promotion.

davew

Quote from: SP on October 26, 2018, 10:40:13 PM
Interesting game this evening, I didn't see one premier league standard player on the pitch nor anyone close.  How poor are Villa, they've got some real talent but are nearer the relegation zone than challenging for promotion.
Bit like us then!!

Sgt Fulham

They conceded 7 in a game a few weeks ago. No thanks.

RaySmith

Get McClaren in as manager, and he could bring in someone familiar to Fulham fans up front - Martin!

davew

Quote from: RaySmith on October 27, 2018, 12:38:33 AM
Get McClaren in as manager, and he could bring in someone familiar to Fulham fans up front - Martin!
LOL

Luka

The jump from the championship to the PL is a massive one.
The PL is ruthlessly faster, more technical and unforgiving.
We looked good last year and 2nd half of the season untouchable at times.
So far this season we are a yard of pace to slow, give the ball away and simple mistakes have lost us games.
All the top teams in the Chamionship look good in the championship.
The PL is a whole different ball park.

filham

We bought a lot defensive of players over the summer, Mensah, Chambers, Le Marchand, Mawson and Bryan, We payed big money for these players but non have looked good when playing for us, (25 goals conceded in nine games) is it the players that are bad or the coaching that is at fault. Cheaper and less risky to bring in a new defensive coach than to spend further millions on new players.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not necessarily think it's the players.
More a case of poor coaching in defensive areas.
Especially as a defensive unit, and also how we seem to lose our shape quickly when we concede possession.
A lot of uncertainty arises between players, and we cannot seem to restore our balance quick enough.
Also there is not enough depth in defence, when opponents are on the ascendancy.
A classic example last week v Cardiff in the second half when Cardiff where attacking, the whole of our defence backed off and allowed their player to reached our penalty area unchallenged.
Also our midfield were nowhere to be seen.
There was no delay in prevent them reaching our penalty area.
So it appears it's down to basics.
So in the absence of any other reason, we need a top draw defensive coach hired with immediate effect.
Otherwise, we will find it difficult to earn a clean sheet.
Remember every time we concede a goal, it put pressure on our forwards to score more, in the same way missing scoring opportunities puts pressure on our defence not to concede.
Not a good recipe for success.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.