watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Imports Last Two Seasons.

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 28, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Now I'm not against foreign players if they are the quality we need,but like last season we seem to have acquired players from abroad who can't hack it in our league (exception being Mitro and Vietto) the latter I think has been excellent and for the love of me don't know after 4 assists he hasn't started last two games.
Do our scouts actually look for talent from these shores,Bournemouth seem to find them,the boy Brooks from Sheff Utd looks excellent, Madison at Leicester who they got from Norwich.
There is another little tiger out there playing for Blackburn, who they got from Gillingham,his name is Bradley Dack and is a great little workhorse who has been superb this season,a few of the big boys are now snooping around including Spurs,I say go get him in January.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

I said on another thread, when you sign players from foreign leagues, probably also speaking foreign languages, the inherent risk of them not adapting to this team and league, or taking longer to adapt, is obviously higher. I don't think anyone could dispute that.

So obviously you need to act with caution and I do think this summer, we've created a team of strangers because we've tried to sign too many players, we've signed them too late in the window, and yes too many have come from foreign leagues.

Rico and Anguissa are two examples. It's taken a quarter of the Season for Rico to get on the pitch, and goodness knows how long it will be before Anguissa is starting regularly.

So you have Tony Khan banging on about this ostensibly good window where we've signed a "world class" goalkeeper and £30m midfielder but in reality, we have to carry on playing average chsmpionship players, Mcdonald and bettinelli, in those positions. By the time the replacements are ready, the team's morale is shot, we're 6/7pts behind where we should be and the manager's on the verge of the sack. He needed to sign those players in June, not August FFS.

However you have to be fair Mince, it's not only the foreigners this applies to. Look at Mawson and Chambers. Both English, both look absolutely calamitous when they've played. Mawson on the bench and Chambers not even making the matchday squad!

Woolly Mammoth

Another issue is, have these new signings arrived on better contracts. Are their salaries higher than the players who battled to get us into the Premier League.
Therefore, is there a little resentment circulating around the dressing room and training ground. Which perhaps has been compounded by the tinkering and changing of personal every match, and magnified by the fact that we have been shown to be second best in almost every match, and the moral has been shrunk which has reflected in the performances and results.
It cannot help matters when players are selected one week and not the next.
Also those who have sat on the bench watching the team flounder and capitulate every week, and they still cannot get a game.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on October 28, 2018, 08:58:26 AM
I said on another thread, when you sign players from foreign leagues, probably also speaking foreign languages, the inherent risk of them not adapting to this team and league, or taking longer to adapt, is obviously higher. I don't think anyone could dispute that.

So obviously you need to act with caution and I do think this summer, we've created a team of strangers because we've tried to sign too many players, we've signed them too late in the window, and yes too many have come from foreign leagues.

Rico and Anguissa are two examples. It's taken a quarter of the Season for Rico to get on the pitch, and goodness knows how long it will be before Anguissa is starting regularly.

So you have Tony Khan banging on about this ostensibly good window where we've signed a "world class" goalkeeper and £30m midfielder but in reality, we have to carry on playing average chsmpionship players, Mcdonald and bettinelli, in those positions. By the time the replacements are ready, the team's morale is shot, we're 6/7pts behind where we should be and the manager's on the verge of the sack.

However you have to be fair Mince, it's not only the foreigners this applies to. Look at Mawson and Chambers. Both English, both look absolutely calamitous when they've played. Mawson on the bench and Chambers not even making the matchday squad!

Your correct on Mawson,but Chambers is a loan.
Point is we haven't learnt nothing from previous 2 seasons,players coming in who haven't even been able to perform in the Championship,most of them have disappeared.