watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Wembley

Started by SP, October 28, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Just seen the state of the pitch following the American football, should make tomorrow's Spurs match like the 70s revisited.

Woolly Mammoth

Never a good idea having that nonsense American game, that nobody else plays,  played on the sacred turf at Wembley.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2018, 04:56:11 PM
Never a good idea having that nonsense American game, that nobody else plays,  played on the sacred turf at Wembley.

It wasn't them Sir

It was from when it was covered over for the boxing - it was supposed to have several weeks rest so as to recover BUT the Spuds had to use it because their ground was not finished
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on October 28, 2018, 05:25:33 PM

It wasn't them Sir

It was from when it was covered over for the boxing - it was supposed to have several weeks rest so as to recover BUT the Spuds had to use it because their ground was not finished

That must cost a small fortune relaying the pitch so often.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2018, 12:22:37 AM

It wasn't them Sir

That must cost a small fortune relaying the pitch so often.

That is the problem - they can't because Spuds use it so often - they will play EPL, EFL Cup & European Cup games there and the American Football game they were due to host also had to be transferred to Wembley.

They are due to play Man City on Tuesday and already Pep has commented about it not being good to play there straight after an American Football game.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Remember this is all of Spurs own making not having the new stadium ready. There should not be a game today and hence the pitch would nit have mattered following yesterday.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

More importantly Wembley should not be hosting a daft American game. A game that is less appealing than a game of Ludo without the dice.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 29, 2018, 09:27:21 AM
More importantly Wembley should not be hosting a daft American game. A game that is less appealing than a game of Ludo without the dice.
should it host pop concerts? boxing?Rugby?
The old Wembley held various other sports as well. Its arguable we don't even need a national stadium, very few other countries do. With club stadiums getting bigger and bigger you can see Wembley being overtaken eventually by one of the big teams.
Just the views of a long term fan

SP

Looks more like beach football.

Maldon white

It's a desso pitch, it will look rough but more than likely play absolutely fine.

Holders

More importantly Wembley should not be hosting a daft American game.

For once I agree with you, Mr. Mammoth.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on October 31, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

If you check your records, you will find It's actually the second time. !!

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 31, 2018, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Holders on October 31, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

If you check your records, you will find It's actually the second time. !!

Bl00dy hell, I must be slipping!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mitch

It wasn't them Sir

This is right. I went to all three games, and at the first game the pitch was cut up before they'd even played a down. It's not exactly ideal for them either to be honest.

Oh and if it wasn't for the NFL/boxing/concerts, then Wembley would be right up the creek.

alfie

The whole idea of a National stadium is pointless, take the National team around the country to let more people have the experience.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't