https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something I heard yesterday before kick off

Started by Riversider, October 28, 2018, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on October 30, 2018, 10:16:00 PM
Schurrle = poor man's Berbatov

Different player completely. More like a poor man's Dempsey. And of course when Dempsey came he was not the player he'd become, so let's give Schurrle time.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 28, 2018, 07:46:18 PM
Sounds totally feasible. That transfer window was a total disaster... we shouldn't have gone near the likes of Seri and Anguissa. An utter waste of 45 million.

This is just wrong.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 31, 2018, 12:50:24 PM

Different player completely. More like a poor man's Dempsey. And of course when Dempsey came he was not the player he'd become, so let's give Schurrle time.

Wait, you do realise Shurle has scored 4 goals and is our second top scorer? Thank god we signed him. One of the only new additions to actually improve us.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 31, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

Wait, you do realise Shurle has scored 4 goals and is our second top scorer? Thank god we signed him. One of the only new additions to actually improve us.
0001.jpeg

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on October 31, 2018, 01:14:12 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 31, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

0001.jpeg

Berbatov scored 5 in his first 10 games. A rich man's Schurrle.

Dempsey got better because he was 23 when we signed him. A young Schurrle.

LVBPTS

Quote from: KJS on October 30, 2018, 04:49:42 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 30, 2018, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 30, 2018, 03:39:15 PM
Put your glasses on love and look up what "Pound for Pound" means,
Jim Hicks was worse but he cost nothing and was paid virtually nothing ,
Schurrle is on £17,260 a DAY !
An abhorrent amount of money for a very slow and very average player,
But you carry on defending him if he floats your boat.
Which we will do so if we so wish to, opinions, opinions and more opinions, we all have them.
I will back him all the time he is a FFC player and continues to put in the shift

+1
Supporter since 2000

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on October 30, 2018, 10:27:48 AM
What has concerned me the most this season, is this, I went to see QPR v Villa on Friday night, and  what I liked about QPR was how good they were when they didn't have the ball, to a man the outfield players were all like Jack Russell's every time Villa were in possession,  they didn't give Villa a second the entire match, at no time during the 90 minutes did they let up,
Individually (on paper) they are poor but as a collective they are a decent side,
So if QPR can do it why can't we ?
I can't ever remember a Fulham team as poor as this one out of possession,  we don't have the energy, we don't have the desire and we don't have the passion to get the ball back,
We are an unbelievably slow side and we appear to lack fitness and energy,
I'm old enough to remember players like Ray Houghton and Ray Lewington and more recently Steve Sidwell , it was their mission to get the ball back, where are those players now ?
At some point in the next two transfer windows we need to bring in 2 or 3 "Jack Russell" type players to address the slide, in the meantime Jokanovic can at least try to motivate this slow, lazy,demotivated group of players,
And one last thing, Andre Schurrle, pound for pound the worst player I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt, £6.3 million a season on a 2 year contract, £12.6 million in wages for what he does is abhorrent, please, please tell me that Fulham can break the contract in the event of relegation, if we can't then we are right royally fu**ed next season, Simon Davies was at the game on Saturday,  I bet he earnt a fraction of that money and yet Schurrle isn't fit to lace his boots.

Just want to emphasise the point about Schurrle again, pound for pound the worst Fulham player ive ever seen !
£6.3 million a year in wages, thats over £17,000 each and every day 😢
Terrible waste of money, and I pray to God that there is a break clause in his 2 year contract .

The Old Count

Quote from: Riversider on December 09, 2018, 03:26:22 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 30, 2018, 10:27:48 AM
What has concerned me the most this season, is this, I went to see QPR v Villa on Friday night, and  what I liked about QPR was how good they were when they didn't have the ball, to a man the outfield players were all like Jack Russell's every time Villa were in possession,  they didn't give Villa a second the entire match, at no time during the 90 minutes did they let up,
Individually (on paper) they are poor but as a collective they are a decent side,
So if QPR can do it why can't we ?
I can't ever remember a Fulham team as poor as this one out of possession,  we don't have the energy, we don't have the desire and we don't have the passion to get the ball back,
We are an unbelievably slow side and we appear to lack fitness and energy,
I'm old enough to remember players like Ray Houghton and Ray Lewington and more recently Steve Sidwell , it was their mission to get the ball back, where are those players now ?
At some point in the next two transfer windows we need to bring in 2 or 3 "Jack Russell" type players to address the slide, in the meantime Jokanovic can at least try to motivate this slow, lazy,demotivated group of players,
And one last thing, Andre Schurrle, pound for pound the worst player I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt, £6.3 million a season on a 2 year contract, £12.6 million in wages for what he does is abhorrent, please, please tell me that Fulham can break the contract in the event of relegation, if we can't then we are right royally fu**ed next season, Simon Davies was at the game on Saturday,  I bet he earnt a fraction of that money and yet Schurrle isn't fit to lace his boots.

Just want to emphasise the point about Schurrle again, pound for pound the worst Fulham player ive ever seen !
£6.3 million a year in wages, thats over £17,000 each and every day 😢
Terrible waste of money, and I pray to God that there is a break clause in his 2 year contract .

If he is indeed on this sort of money then it is a massive mistake. It was one of the reasons the morale and motivation of the players on less money than others diminished under Jol's tenure and in our relegation season.

Statto

Also if he really is on £120k per week (I'm sceptical about that to be honest) it undermines the wage structure reasons for not giving Fredericks the £60-70k he would have wanted to stay.

Woolly Mammoth

Time is something we do not possess in abundance, and Schurrie should not require time, he is an experienced World Cup Winner believe it or not. He is not 12 years old.
It's his mentality, and the wrong kind of mentality, lazy and selfish and bankrupt of any passion, and that's what you get with a Stats based recruitment policy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

Time is something we do not possess in abundance, and Schurrie should not require time, he is an experienced World Cup Winner believe it or not. He is not 12 years old.
It's his mentality, and the wrong kind of mentality, lazy and selfish and bankrupt of any passion, and that's what you get with a Stats based recruitment policy.

You question his mentality state and say he is bankrupt of any passion. And you get all this from watching on the match day thread? That's some talent you have

Southcoastffc

Seri is the highest paid player at Fulham, nowhere near £120k/week
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 09, 2018, 05:23:08 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

You question his mentality state and say he is bankrupt of any passion. And you get all this from watching on the match day thread? That's some talent you have

I don't need to go down a coal mine to know it's dark inside, I also question your mentality as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2018, 05:38:10 PM

Can I ask how you know that please?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on December 09, 2018, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2018, 05:38:10 PM

Can I ask how you know that please?
Some inside info, I can't disclose the source for fear of jeopardising someone's career.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.