more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I Think He Is Going To Walk

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 27, 2018, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on October 28, 2018, 08:47:30 AM
Makes me laugh. Whenever some have begged for a change of manager, no one ever comes up with a sensible alternative. Don´t tell me that Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, Rodgers or McCarthy are the sort of journeymen managers we would want here. They are just rip off merchants who would destroy the charisma of the Club.
Agree.  Let's have a real idea of who would (not may or might) have definitely shaped this squad into something better, especially in defence and midfield given all the issues of newness, injuries, and suspensions.   

My visits to these forums have dropped away very significantly in the past weeks because I am sick to death of its miserable predictabililty and the expected lapse into the none-to-realible change the manager syndrome.  Let's face whatever fate has in store for us by fighting for what we have to come good.  It is always darkest before the dawn. 

Forever Fulham

Slavisa is one of the best things to happen to this club in a long time.  He got the team playing exciting, beautiful to watch, football.  Everyone worked hard, supported each other, played as a team.  It was a somewhat risky style, but we were getting back in time in transition.   Not so much this season.  And far less effort and support of others this season.  All this talk of rotten apples, dissention in the dressing room, black eyes, Tim's comment.  Hard to make out what is real and what isn't.    If we go down, we go down.  But somehow, I think we stick around.  He'll settle on his starting back line and the pudding will set. (I hope.)

Woolly Mammoth

Difficult times we are going through at the moment.
On and apparently off the pitch.
The only redeeming factors, are the fact we are not cast adrift from the rest of the herd, and there are 28 League matches left, and one or two good performances back to back could change our fortune.
But apart from that, I have difficulty foreseeing where the next win is coming from.
If and when it does, it may very well come from an unexpected force.
But sadly, currently I would not place any money on it, until any internal issues are resolved.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

We all want what is best for the club. This constant back and forth of fans accusing other fans of not being loyal to the coach and harping back to last season is counter productive. If the coach stays and shows any sign to stop the deterioration in the form and play and style this season. Then we will all be happy. However at this moment in time. Things are going from bad to worse.  Although I am told many think we played ok on Saturday. So even that is open to debate. But the point is surely we need the coach to stop the rot, organise the team into some sort of shape and grind out results.

It is no good fans taking shots at each other as if we are in a debate war. It makes no sense to keep going back a season and say look our coach failed as well this time last season so give him time. Hardly an argument to bolster the confidence. My loyalty as always is to the club. I want the best man for the job. I hope our coach will know when he can do nothing to stop the problems and takes the decision himself if he has to.

Meanwhile any talk of support and look where we were last season or ten years ago means nothing. If it aint the players it is the coach. If it is the players than the coach has to have responsibility to solve the situation. The coach will know when he has failed in the responsibility.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 29, 2018, 10:00:47 AM
We all want what is best for the club. This constant back and forth of fans accusing other fans of not being loyal to the coach and harping back to last season is counter productive. If the coach stays and shows any sign to stop the deterioration in the form and play and style this season. Then we will all be happy. However at this moment in time. Things are going from bad to worse.  Although I am told many think we played ok on Saturday. So even that is open to debate. But the point is surely we need the coach to stop the rot, organise the team into some sort of shape and grind out results.

It is no good fans taking shots at each other as if we are in a debate war. It makes no sense to keep going back a season and say look our coach failed as well this time last season so give him time. Hardly an argument to bolster the confidence. My loyalty as always is to the club. I want the best man for the job. I hope our coach will know when he can do nothing to stop the problems and takes the decision himself if he has to.

Meanwhile any talk of support and look where we were last season or ten years ago means nothing. If it aint the players it is the coach. If it is the players than the coach has to have responsibility to solve the situation. The coach will know when he has failed in the responsibility.
Bang on. Things have to show progress. Even if we look with rose tinted glasses at last two seasons and their slow start, each time we at least saw progress and a path, as if tinkering was all that was needed. As of Saturday there has been no progress and its not tinkering going on, its mass shuffles each time of players and structure and game plan. He may not like the players he got given ( yet a freaking'gain) but he is Head Coach and not manager and he should be coaching us to get better, thats not happening. Lets see how he coaches the Citeh game and decisions he makes, how he approaches Huddersfield and how we do. If we see progress then great. If not the club needs to do what is best for the club.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Bill2

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 27, 2018, 08:18:01 PM
Lets see, 10 games, 28 goals and that many defensive alignments. We give up a goal through a stupid mistake and the  he subs on attackers and we give up more goals. Meanwhile the defense shows no signs of getting better. With TC back, that should get us a goal and take some pressure off the defense. We'll be losing 2-1 or 3-2. Improvement? You be the judge.
Take away the marvelous run the second half of last year and we have been a mediocre side ever since Slava came on board. Maybe its time for a change.
Sorry but I can't agree with the statement that we have been mediocre, he has transformed the team and while we have been shocking defensively this season in the Championship we and Wolves were the teams to watch. Did you not watch us under the previous managers.

aaronmcguigan

I'm sorry but what we need is some or all of the following:

-A stronger coaching team who will not only help Slav at motspur but also on matchday. Additionally, extra intelligence and experience to bounce off, as well as having people who know what they're at actively challenging him.

- A director of football type person at football level, not Tony, who knows the club and the league inside out. Someone who Slav has to report to and explain any decisions, be able to support and again challenge when needed to. Slav makes questionable decisions but no one is there to correct him/ steer him/ give him a rollicking

-Scott Parker needs to earn his money. There is clearly fractures within the team, morale is low, effort is low, mistakes are high. What is he at? I'm not saying get rid of him but he's a first team coach with massive responsibilities in getting this team performing and giving the manager the support he needs

_Putney_

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 29, 2018, 12:18:00 PM

-A stronger coaching team who will not only help Slav at motspur but also on matchday. Additionally, extra intelligence and experience to bounce off, as well as having people who know what they're at actively challenging him.

- A director of football type person at football level, not Tony, who knows the club and the league inside out. Someone who Slav has to report to and explain any decisions, be able to support and again challenge when needed to. Slav makes questionable decisions but no one is there to correct him/ steer him/ give him a rollicking

-Scott Parker needs to earn his money. There is clearly fractures within the team, morale is low, effort is low, mistakes are high. What is he at? I'm not saying get rid of him but he's a first team coach with massive responsibilities in getting this team performing and giving the manager the support he needs

I agree with approach.

KJS

I think that we should all Boycott home games until Slav is sacked!

YankeeJim

Quote from: Bill2 on October 29, 2018, 11:07:06 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 27, 2018, 08:18:01 PM
Lets see, 10 games, 28 goals and that many defensive alignments. We give up a goal through a stupid mistake and the  he subs on attackers and we give up more goals. Meanwhile the defense shows no signs of getting better. With TC back, that should get us a goal and take some pressure off the defense. We'll be losing 2-1 or 3-2. Improvement? You be the judge.
Take away the marvelous run the second half of last year and we have been a mediocre side ever since Slava came on board. Maybe its time for a change.
Sorry but I can't agree with the statement that we have been mediocre, he has transformed the team and while we have been shocking defensively this season in the Championship we and Wolves were the teams to watch. Did you not watch us under the previous managers.

What sort of inane question is that? Slava came on after four consecutive failures and had a slow start just as he did the beginning of last year and this year. The first year he had an immense hole to dig out of. The next year a slow start cost us promotion via the lottery that is the playoffs and last year his slow start cost us automatic promotion. All, of course, ended well and there is still plenty of time for him to get on track and get us 40 points. However, when you consider that if we won all remaining matches, we likely wouldn't win the league. Shows just how bad our start has been. Why he insists on not changing tactics that are clearly suspect is beyond me. FFC is never going to win this league but we won't survive if Slava's ego continues to outweigh his overlooking of the obvious. This team has a defense my last AYSO team could score on. As much as I love open, attacking football, it will not keep this team up. The back four needs shielding and its not getting it. Our line is too high, especially considering the lack of pace of our CB's. Besides, "our free flowing football" stops well short of getting the ball to Mitro.  Keep Mitro near the goal and shoot long balls and crosses into him. Have Sess and the Kraut run onto Mitro's knockdowns and then, hate to say it, but PARK THE DAMN BUS! We need points not artistic beauty.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: _Putney_ on October 29, 2018, 04:39:48 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on October 29, 2018, 12:18:00 PM

I agree with approach.
I agree. As long as its a real Director of Football and not a Pardew or Curbishley back dooring their way into being manager. Someone needs to sort out this constant BS with Joka over Khan's signings not being good enough and playing the new players out of position just to show how poor they are (Chambers at right back, MLM at left back, for example).
Quark, strangeness and charm