more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream Speaks out again.

Started by Lighthouse, October 29, 2018, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Are the players playing for manager?

"I don't think it has anything to do with the manager to be honest with you.

"We're not playing for ourselves and for each other first and foremost and there's no togetherness.

"We give up a goal and heads go down and today it was a bit different, we had a little bit more of the ball and in the second half we came out with a little bit more fight in us and started going at Bournemouth.

"We gave up a second goal and that's when heads just really dropped.

"There's no fight amongst the group right now and I said midweek, we're not a team at the minute we're a group of individuals who don't look like they want to stay in this league and until that changes and guys, myself included, step up even more, it's going to stay this way."

After defeat to Sunderland you were embarrassed and then got really good, same might happen after Cardiff?

"I felt the same thing. I don't know why (not), I don't know that everyone grasps what the situation is.

"It's hard to describe, you don't want to single anybody out. It's not any one individual, it's the group, it's the collective."

Are the too many new faces?

"No I don't think you can blame that on the new guys.

"I don' think that's fair on them, I don't think that's fair on the guys who are here.

"There's just not that same mentality and determination. I think too many guys are happy to skate through and not put in the effort that maybe we put in last season.

"That's down to every individual.

"We have to look at ourselves first before pointing fingers, this guy and that guy, you have to look in the mirror, it's easy to say that I know.

"Unless you're willing and ready to raise your own standards you can't expect other people to raise their own."

When you mention your frustration - do you see that among team-mates?

"Yeah, and that's natural.

"Everybody in there wants to win games, everybody wants to be further up the table, everybody wants to score goals and concede as many as we are.

"It's not anything special, it's not anything new.

"There's definitely a frustration we're not picking up results, and not winning games and not conceding so many.

"It's not a frustration with this player or that player, it's more of a frustration at the situation, not one thing that's going on."

How bad is that lack of confidence?

"It's a huge issue. That goes back to the mentality.

"Okay, so we concede a goal, what are we going to do about it?

"Are we going to crumble or are we going to try and change things?

"After the first goal we looked like we were going to try and change things; we came out in the second half and looked like we were going to do something about it, and for some reason the second goal goes in, and that's when heads go down.

"It's human nature to a certain extent, but you still have to fight. It's not acceptable to just cave in and roll over."

How crucial is next week at Huddersfield?

"Every game's crucial; it doesn't matter whether it's Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Liverpool, we have to start getting results, getting three points. We need to be more solid all over the pitch."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Lots of problems within the team - manager has to take a lot of blame for this.

We need a new manager - a hard man who can knock some head together and instill some fight in the team

Riversider

People in glass houses Tim, people in glass houses .

KJS

They all need to Man UP as they are playing like a bunch of 5 year olds!!

ron

According to that interview it seems like everyone knows how critical the situation is, everyone can identify the problems, everyone knows the solution to the problems, and that the situation is nobody's fault.

Enlightening. Now all they have to do is harness the might of all this knowledge and do something about it.

Luka

In my view Tim Ream needs to wind his neck and stop talking in riddles to the media.
Problems in the camp need to stay in the camp and be sorted in private by the camp.
The camp includes The Khans who need to get to grips with this and address it quickly.
Ream is turning this into a soap !!

davew

"Everybody in there wants to win games, everybody wants to be further up the table, everybody wants to score goals and concede as many as we are." Is that what he really said, nobody is getting close to conceding the number that we are! This must be a misquote or are our team trying to create a record for most goals conceded in the PL, we are well on the way to doing it??? I wish our players would stop doing interviews and making excuses, concentrate on what you are being paid for i.e. to play football and make the fans proud of you, at the moment that isn't happening!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

Quote from: Luka on October 29, 2018, 07:52:36 PM
In my view Tim Ream needs to wind his neck and stop talking in riddles to the media.
Problems in the camp need to stay in the camp and be sorted in private by the camp.
The camp includes The Khans who need to get to grips with this and address it quickly.

+1

Bit snide IMO to slag people off then when asked who he's referring to, claim he's not referring to anyone or any group in particular. BS

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on October 29, 2018, 08:33:45 PM
Quote from: Luka on October 29, 2018, 07:52:36 PM

+1

Bit snide IMO to slag people off then when asked who he's referring to, claim he's not referring to anyone or any group in particular. BS

He has taken on this senior role and is showing this in these interviews. In reality he is only senior by age and not by playing ability and performances.
Concentrate on the footy and not giving interviews

Jimpav

He should save the talking for on the pitch - bit of communication with the rest of the defence and the keeper would do a world of good.

Out of interest who was the interview with?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jimpav on October 29, 2018, 10:13:10 PM
He should save the talking for on the pitch - bit of communication with the rest of the defence and the keeper would do a world of good.

Ryan O Donovan Football. London
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

I suggest Tim you all talk to each other where it matters.On the pitch it will make a difference.

RaySmith

I think it's good in way - shows the concern amongst the players. Which is what I think Tim wants to convey to fans.

But this will, and does, divide people. In fact, most seem to  think it's a bad idea, and these comments should be kept in house.

Mince n Tatties

Wonder if it was him throwing his weight about in the dressing room.

Woolly Mammoth

All comments if any should stay in house, never hang your dirty washing out in public.
There is a code of conduct, and that does not include, speaking to the media as freely as he has.
Any issues should be resolved in the dressing room.
If they cannot do that then no good comes out of it.
Probably only further resentment and hostility, and morale and team spirit further damaged.
Ill advised and Ill judged.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MrD1879

I'm not sure what's more dissapointing his comments or his positioning

hovewhite

Quote from: MrD1879 on October 30, 2018, 06:50:02 AM
I'm not sure what's more dissapointing his comments or his positioning
both.

toshes mate

"We're not playing for ourselves and for each other first and foremost, and there's no togetherness."

Perhaps the only line that needs reading and acting upon.  It summarises what is observable as being the problem.  Now Ream and every other player in the squad needs to have the pride to deal with that problem by playing for the team and for everybody connected with FFC.  That is their responsibility. They are adults. They should have sorted it weeks ago instead of going into hiding. It is no good waiting for someone else to make the first move.  They should have already made that first move as individuals.  They have no right to call themselves professionals if they cannot change this now, preferably yesterday.   

Wingnut

Quote from: Riversider on October 29, 2018, 06:35:43 PM
People in glass houses Tim, people in glass houses .

I was amazed that he spoke after the Cardiff game. He was woeful in that game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jimpav

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 29, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on October 29, 2018, 10:13:10 PM

Ryan O Donovan Football. London

Thanks Lighthouse