watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big Sam

Started by KingofCheese, October 31, 2018, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

I know that this is seen as a Joke but if I said that the Argentinian Carlos Lebota had a 100% record at keeping teams in top flight divisions and had never been relegated would you ask for Carlos to be made Manager right now? Yes of course you would. If I told you that Carlos would make us defensively solid and help us start to draw and win games and stop leaking goals like a burst pipe in winter would you rush to join my bandwagon? Yes you would. Of course you would. So...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Bassey the warrior

No way. He's a t**t and would be a short term solution. If Joka has to go we should go after Rodgers, Martinez, Wilder, Bielsa or Jardim. Someone along those lines.

Jamie88

Were we not told the same about Magath - he did a good job didn't he :)

Holders

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 31, 2018, 06:52:55 AM

Yes - I think Mr. King of Cheese was joking.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

Big Sam is like Harry Red...... Both the epitome of all that has gone wrong with football.
A curse on both their house's. 😠
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 31, 2018, 06:52:55 AM

Except Sam Allardyce has a lot of PL experience so there's no comparison
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Wingnut

Rodgers isn't going to leave Celtic any time soon, unless I'm missing something. Celtic are probably going to the win the league this year and win ten in a row, a big thing for them, next year, so he is going to hang around for that, I would have thought. He would be a very good acquisition for a PL club. Did a very good job with Swansea and Liverpool, in my opinion and his sides play good football. Doesn't seem to anywhere near the level of respect he deserves for his time at Liverpool. Big Sam is an excellent short term solution, 1-2 years but issues arise after that point. If you are circling the PL drain and you need someone to keep you in the league, he's the man for the job.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

grandad

I swear on my life that I would cease being a supporter if any of Allardyce, Pulis or Moyes became our manager. This is after 64 years of supporting.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: grandad on November 01, 2018, 11:54:58 AM
I swear on my life that I would cease being a supporter if any of Allardyce, Pulis or Moyes became our manager. This is after 64 years of supporting.

Hear hear. Prob wouldn't go that far, just stop watching games.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Wingnut on November 01, 2018, 11:32:05 AM
Rodgers isn't going to leave Celtic any time soon, unless I'm missing something. Celtic are probably going to the win the league this year and win ten in a row, a big thing for them, next year, so he is going to hang around for that, I would have thought. He would be a very good acquisition for a PL club. Did a very good job with Swansea and Liverpool, in my opinion and his sides play good football. Doesn't seem to anywhere near the level of respect he deserves for his time at Liverpool. Big Sam is an excellent short term solution, 1-2 years but issues arise after that point. If you are circling the PL drain and you need someone to keep you in the league, he's the man for the job.

I think he will. He's taken them as far as he can go.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on November 01, 2018, 07:43:55 AM
Big Sam is like Harry Red...... Both the epitome of all that has gone wrong with football.
A curse on both their house's. 😠

This.

Ronnief

Would Allardyce or others of his ilk ever consider coming to Fulham as a head coach as apposed to manager? These type of managers need to be in overall charge of team matters with their own control of player recruitment. With tight budgetary control I don't believe this will ever happen. The modern way is for head coaches and Jocanovic fits the bill as well as anyone. A few more wins and we will all be happy again and the thoughts of a new head coach will fade away.

Lighthouse

I support Fulham above all else,  not the manager or players. So whoever is in charge I would continue to support them. However Big Sam would be a great disappointment. But I have no opinion on any of the others. All of whom would be ok. However while we have Joka in charge let us home none of the speculation goes beyond speculation.

But I am a Fulham support first second and last. I would not walk whoever is in charge.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JoelH5

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 01, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
But I am a Fulham support first second and last. I would not walk whoever is in charge.

Ludicrous to suggest otherwise
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Robbie

There seems to be a strange bias against British managers here?

Twig

I am no way against British managers in fact it would be great to have another after Roy. But it has to be the right one. Dinosaurs - no thanks.

Jimpav

Quote from: Robbie on November 01, 2018, 02:53:56 PM

No bias against British managers, just antiquated football, morally corrupt individuals, and David Moyes.

I would take Roy back in a flash or crawl over broken glass for Eddie Howe.

The alternatives are someone like Curbishley/Pardew/Pearce or taking a punt on a Brit with no PL experience.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jimpav on November 01, 2018, 03:44:57 PM
Quote from: Robbie on November 01, 2018, 02:53:56 PM

No bias against British managers, just antiquated football, morally corrupt individuals, and David Moyes.

I would take Roy back in a flash or crawl over broken glass for Eddie Howe.

The alternatives are someone like Curbishley/Pardew/Pearce or taking a punt on a Brit with no PL experience.

I'd take Wilder, they play good football. If Lampard keeps his Derby team playing silky football I'd even bite the bullet and take him. They were superb against Chelsea.

HV71

In my case it certainly isn't anything to do with him being British . It has everything to do with him having no style ( either as an individual or how his teams play ) but also in having no principles or ethical compass . The guy is in it just for himself and the money end of. He has an ego the size of the planet and always wittered on that he was overlooked for the big jobs because he was English . He then got the job of his "dreams " and then could not resist sticking his hands in the cookie jar . Scum doesn't even begin to start to do him justice. Please please - don't come anywhere near this club .