watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Lawrie Sanchez was manager

Started by The Old Count, November 02, 2018, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

we had 8 points after 10 games and were 13th in the table. Just saying.

Fulham76

I think we all know we're well in the sh** this season.

Jimpav

Sanchez did have a team of very experienced players at his disposal though.

Anyone remember when Spurs lost their first 8 games and only had 2 points at this stage of the season?

Lighthouse

I think there have been times this season when we have played with so little clue and an awful lot of clueless that it has reminded me of our play under Dicks or Magath. Sanchez I always thought was a bit unlucky that things never really worked out during matches. He wasn't as mad and as headless as the worst we have seen here.

Still we live in hope that Joka will return to sanity and stop changing things around and making odd tactical decisions. The cup game against City was a good sign for me. Playing close to a settled side and looking a little better for it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

I never took to Sanchez but he did sign some useful players. Pity Steven Davis was allowed to go. 

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 03, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
I think there have been times this season when we have played with so little clue and an awful lot of clueless that it has reminded me of our play under Dicks or Magath. Sanchez I always thought was a bit unlucky that things never really worked out during matches. He wasn't as mad and as headless as the worst we have seen here.

Still we live in hope that Joka will return to sanity and stop changing things around and making odd tactical decisions. The cup game against City was a good sign for me. Playing close to a settled side and looking a little better for it.

I agree but I have concern's over Odoi's height as Huddersfield have some very big players.

Woolly Mammoth

Almost every other club seems to be in the land of the Giants, are we missing something here.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: bog on November 03, 2018, 10:32:11 AM
I never took to Sanchez but he did sign some useful players. Pity Steven Davis was allowed to go. 

092.gif

Totally agree about letting Steven Davis go.

Burt

Never rated Sanchez, or the football we played under him.

That's probably why he has not exactly cut a managerial blaze since leaving us...

aaronmcguigan

Sanchez had only managed Wycombe and Sligo Rovers before us as well as NI. He also had a clear way of playing.
The players we had at the time weren't going to play that way, even though there were some impressive signings.
He shouldn't have been given the job. Simple as that.

any comparison between Slavs record and Sanchez is pointless. If it was pure results, Slav would be gone. It's because of his experience, his accomplishments and his proven ability to get things to click no matter how late , that he is still in a job

Holders

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 03, 2018, 11:19:27 AM

092.gif

Quite agree. I never liked Sanchez' style of play but I do agree that he was unlucky.

He also brought in Aaron Hughes and Danny Murphy, if I remember correctly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Old Count

Quote from: Holders on November 04, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

092.gif

Quite agree. I never liked Sanchez' style of play but I do agree that he was unlucky.

He also brought in Aaron Hughes and Danny Murphy, if I remember correctly.

And Shefki Kuqi

bobby01

I must admit the transfer window when Sanchez was here was the most exciting I have seen players in all day right up to the last minute.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

I Ronic

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 03, 2018, 11:45:25 AM
Sanchez had only managed Wycombe and Sligo Rovers before us as well as NI. He also had a clear way of playing.
The players we had at the time weren't going to play that way, even though there were some impressive signings.
He shouldn't have been given the job. Simple as that.

any comparison between Slavs record and Sanchez is pointless. If it was pure results, Slav would be gone. It's because of his experience, his accomplishments and his proven ability to get things to click no matter how late , that he is still in a job

Where the comparison is useful. Is in the number of players signed. Sanchez's side didn't gel until Roy took over. He also got rid of a couple of useful players. Which came back to bite him.

I Ronic

092.gif

Didn't Steven Davis go during Roy's reign. He got pushed off the ball all to easily.

colinwhite

Murphey, Davis and Bullard all too similar ,giving us no balance until he brought in Etuhu. We were also very short of physical strength with Murphey and davis playing the 442 which Roy preferred.

Vinnieffc

MJG

An example of when you let a manager have a say in the players who come in.
In the end it's the manager/coaches job to get them working. No guarantee using this process or our current one.
Just the views of a long term fan