watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Newcastle

Started by davew, November 03, 2018, 04:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Now above us so only Huddersfield below us, will that still be the case Monday night, not hopeful. At least Cardiff and Burnley are still in trouble and not getting away.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cookieg

We could be bottom on Monday night.

St Eve

Of course if you are positive we could be out of the bottom 3

filham

Time we put in a performance.

Fulham Tup North

Only Huddersfield without a win now.
Fulhamish anyone????
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jimpav

There will be nothing Fulhamish about losing to Huddersfield.

On a brighter note Burnley's defence seem to be taking a lead out of our book.

..FOF..

Watford_fc

The game yesterday was much like when we played you guys.

Well on top first half but then like you did Newxastle made changes which got them back into the match.

Only difference is we couldn't score and they nicked it.

Typical of us - got Southampton away too.

New Kid on the Block

Why did you head the post, "Well Done Newcastle"? They are our immediate rivals. Strange.

nose returns

worst attack v worst defence, usually favours the attacking tema but away in huddersfield on a mondy... I cannot see us getting a result and will see them break the goalscoring jinx because we have too many lazy players..... did you see the bournemouth cearance off the line by brooks (I think that is his name), nobody in our midfield would have got that, they would have been standing five yards outside the penalty area watching.

Burt

The good news is that Newcastle's win hasn't made them world-beaters overnight. A toon mate of mine who was there said they were really poor, particularly in the first 45 when Watford should have been out of sight.

They are still in the relegation mix, and this doesn't really change the fact that we need a result against Huddersfield.

hovewhite

Being honest I love Fulham fc,but having watched us lose as much as win over 40 years life still goes on,as long as I can attend cravern cottage even if priced out of from next year being able to afford to come in I can come home and look from the outside on the thames then that will do wether it PL or EFL.

WindyCity

Quote from: ..FOF.. on November 03, 2018, 10:48:15 PM
Won't define our season:)

It might define SJ's season though.  And a draw won't cut it.  Three points or SJ may be gone.

davew

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on November 04, 2018, 11:54:54 AM
Why did you head the post, "Well Done Newcastle"? They are our immediate rivals. Strange.
Bit of sarcasm intended!!

Robbie

Not from me. Newcastle is the most tedious club ... Sleep Giant, Huge Club  ..... boring !!!!

Well Done to Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace !  Small clubs competing.

Lets hope FFC get back in that pack.

Matt10

I've watched a lot of Newcastle this year, mainly to follow American Deandre Yedlin's progress. What I would say "well done" for them is that they have a consistent lineup. Rafa has used a lot of the same players, same positions, nothing out of the ordinary. He has stuck with his team, and adapted where necessary. For example, he used to have Yedlin overlap Ritchie as much as possible. Now, Yedlin is instructed to send balls over the top to the forwards or down the sidelines.

We here are constantly asking for change this player, change this one, yet somehow expecting a consistent performance. Sorry, I'm not quite on board with that. I hope Joka makes minimal changes, from players to formations and tactics. If we were to line up with the same team from Bournemouth's first 60 minutes, I would not be upset. Noone on our team has been written off to me. I stand firm that we do not change any formations mid-game, and just sub players like-for-like, and let them bring something different than who they subbed for. This ensures everyone remains drilled in the original gameplan and practices, so there is a higher chance of executing what needs to be done.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on November 04, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

I thought you'd been at the " Newkie Broons" Dave..

Woolly Mammoth

I do not think supporters would be asking for too much change, if Jok has picked the right players in the first place, and in the second place, before the club even consider replacing the Manager, they should replace the stats merchants with Punch & Judy.
Because they are the cause of a number of decent players overlooked, and one of the causes of so many errors of judgement in recruitment.
But it's the players that were overlooked and rejected gets my back up, because of the Cuckoo beliefs of the stats merchants. .
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Do you have to be a whingey old woman or can anyone join in?

(apologies to any old women reading)

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 04, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
Quote from: davew on November 04, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

I thought you'd been at the " Newkie Broons" Dave..
LOL