watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Gould Says Danny Murphy Should 'Keep His Trap Shut'

Started by White Noise, October 12, 2010, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2010/10/12/bobby-gould-slams-danny-murphy/

Bobby Gould slams Danny Murphy

Tuesday 12th October 2010, 11:00AM BST.

Former Wolves striker Bobby Gould today claimed Danny Murphy should 'keep his trap shut' over his criticism of the club.

Gould, now a hard-hitting media pundit, believes Murphy's controversial comments on Wolves, Stoke and Blackburn being 'so pumped up there are inevitably going to be problems' were unfair and ill-judged.

Murphy has pulled out of a TV role at tonight's England versus Montenegro Euro 2012 qualifier after his quotes stoked up the media firestorm on bad tackles.

And Gould, who had two prolific spells at Wolves in the 1970s, feels the Fulham captain would be better placed keeping his views to himself.

He said: "There's a lot of bunkum being spoken by a few people at the moment and they should shut their traps and get on and do what they're paid to do, which is play.

"If you're the one who's injured in a tackle, you have a right to voice an opinion. There are too many players getting blase at the moment and it's nothing to do with them.

"They know from their own dressing room that no-one goes into game to injure another player.

"Danny Murphy is no shrinking violet either – he's been booked 65 times in his career and been sent off three times."

Wolves captain Karl Henry was sent off at Wigan for a reckless lunge on Jordi Gomez and Gould admitted players risk punishment if they are late.

He said: "Unfortunately if people go to ground, then they've got to be aware of the consequences.

"But what I hate is the rolling around – it shows the opposition you are weak."

Gould also praised Wolves boss Mick McCarthy for refusing to respond to the criticism.

He said: "I think Mick is doing the right thing. He should just smile about it but not take it on board, which is his approach from a distance.

"I managed the club with the worst reputation in England – Wimbledon – and what you don't do is allow it to upset you."

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2010/10/12/bobby-gould-slams-danny-murphy/#ixzz128xlyVJn

wadey

no coincidence that gould has an autobiography coming out

White Noise

Quote from: jarv on October 12, 2010, 12:39:33 PM
Bobby WHO?

Good to see Bunkum and blase used by the man!  :005:

So we have had Dave Bassett and now Bobby Gould. What next Egil Welly Boots and 'Joke In Here'??

TonyGilroy

Opinionated people who tell others to keep their opinions to themselves?

It's no business of Murphy's if he thinks opposition players are encouraged by their managers to be reckless of others (like Murphy's) safety?

A pundit who thinks "blase" is a really classy word but has no idea what it means.

epsomraver

I am sure he told sanchez and vinny Jones each match to go out there and play fair, Wimbledon were the Stoke/ Wolves of their era

LBNo11

...regarding Gould's comments, I am modestly blase...!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

A hard hitting media pundit? I haven't heard or seen him for years. Murphy should be given an award for giving an excuse for sad,scared,old,talentless morons a chance to voice an opinion nobody cares about and nobody wants to hear. Really most of these people who have wet them selves with the thought of a chance to be heard again would be better off going on an MB. There they would learn how out of touch they had become.

If the manager Murphy mentioned are so upset, they should come to realise how upset the fans are at watching their teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

I remember Gould - can't think of a single reason to listen to anything he says.

Keep up the good work Danny Murphy!

AlFayedsChequebook

A quick scout of Wiki reveals the reasoning behind Bobby Gould's comments.

1) He managed 'crazy gang' Wimbledon (he is also probably mates with Sanchez)
2) He played for Wolves
3) Gould was not at all highly regarded by the Welsh fans, following questionable tactics and major fallings out with players such as Nathan Blake, when Blake refused to play after accusing Gould of making a racist remark in training, as well as Mark Hughes.
4) He was formerly an assistant manager at QPR and Chelsea
5) He regularly appears on TalkSport

Oakeshott

"A hard hitting media pundit"

Yes, that phrase stood out for me, too. It probably means he has ghost-written pieces in the Wolverhampton Express and Star every so often. He wasn't much as a player and even less now.

RidgeRider

Interesting that he 'profile's' the people in the game by suggesting, through example, only pundits are apparently allowed an opinion. Now how self-serving can you be?

His logic would suggest, managers only manage, owners only own, and supporters only cheer.

What a dumb comment.

Tom

Gould can go pound sand!
Fulham for life!

epsomraver

Quote from: Tom on October 12, 2010, 04:27:02 PM
Gould can go pound sand!
Grow up mate , if you haven't anything sensible to post, then don't

SmithyFFC

Who gives a **** what these people say? For so long under Roy we were 'little Fulham' 'everyones second team' now suddenly after a few comments we are being lashed out at by everyone. At least now people know we mean business.
FTID

RidgeRider

Gents, remember under the rules of the board we frown upon use of certain language. While we let slide the occassional use of the certains words that have been creatively misspelled, we do ask you refrain from even doing that. Many posters on this board seem to be able to get their point across without resorting to use of swear words or phrases, others repeatedly use them.

We understand that the vast majority of the board are adults and probably not that offended but some are and of course we do have kids that read the board but don't post.

There are what I see as repeat offenders to this rule and we are watching and noting. My advice is don't, there are many more creative ways to get your point across without resorting to the lowest common denominator.

thanks, RR