watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Huddersfield

Started by terryr, November 04, 2018, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

" Well, we've seen a voyage to the bottom of the league which hasn't really reflected performances. But that won't stop the rest of the world looking at the table and turning their noses up at the measly accumulation of a crummy 3 points.
Can the rot be stopped?
The answer of course is "Yes", but how are we going to approach the game? Are we going to err on the side of caution (Fulham can score goals of course, so we need to be alert), or are we going to throw the kitchen sink at it?"

"Well, we've seen a voyage to the bottom of the league which hasn't really reflected performances. But that won't stop the rest of the world looking at the table and turning their noses up at the measly accumulation of a crummy 3 points.
Can the rot be stopped?

"Agree, it's where we need to be pychologically strong as there'll probably be a good 10 or so players on the pitch on Monday who will still have the one-sided Fulham v Huddersfield games a couple of seasons ago still in their minds (approx. 5 from both sides) - so, it's a big game alight as far as "banishing some demons goes". I really think we need to go after them in the same way we did against Bournemouth earlier in the year. That may just do it. "

The answer of course is "Yes", but how are we going to approach the game? Are we going to err on the side of caution (Fulham can score goals of course, so we need to be alert), or are we going to throw the kitchen sink at it?"

"Massive must win game !"

" Biggest "must" of the season so far!"

" Lawro got us down to win 2-1 😱. Then follows it up with Fulham have more chance of staying up "

"I think that's a reasonable argument to be honest

" Lossl
Durm Schindy Zanka Terrence
Mooy billing
Mbenza Pritchard vlp
Mounie
All we are saying...
Is give us a goal.."

" Needs to be this. God knows why we've gone defensive all season with 3 centre midfielders. With Billing stepping up Hogg should now be a back up.
Mooy and Billing sitting deeper in protective/deep play-maker roles to allow Mbenza and VLP (or Diakhaby) to do their jobs and attack with pace with Pritchard and Mounie going down the middle."

" I'd be happy with this with either Lowe or Knogoloat lb, or Kongolo for Zanka. But it seems we now have to play with 3 centre mids, so Hogg will start also unless he's missing for a reason I don't know.
Unfortunately 3 into 2 doesn't go, hence we never play our most succesful formation anymore."

" I have a feeling that defensive Dave will go for a back 5.Although Zanka was woeful against Watford,I thought that he was as good as Dick Van Dyke in the Liverpool game and deserves another go.I'd start with the following:
Lossl
Durm Zanka Schindler Kongolo Loewe
Billing Mooy
Pritchard Mounie Sohbi

Hamer
Flo
Hogg
VLP
Kachunga
Diakhaby
DePoitre
2-1 to Town.

" Waggers press conference , biggest game for years imo, could kickstart our season
www.htafc.com/news/2018/november/wagner-we-want-to-turn-this-around/"

"Out of the Bottom on Monday!!!"

he great thing about being at the bottom is there is only one way to go. No more looking over our shoulders because there is no bugger there :)
Little ol' 'uddersfield playing in probably the best league in the world and with their sights set on climbing it!
I have no idea if we will stay up but after all those years after we slipped into administration, and at one point didn't know if we were going to continue to even be in the football league, how bad can relegation to the Championship be?
Sing out loud and proud and never mind all the posters on here who become so prolific when we struggle.
What a journey. We are special so lets celebrate it."

"The last time we played Fulham just remind me what the aggregate score was over the two games ?
Not just a 6 pointer but settling an old score."

" Just for a moment I though a Fulham fan had started a thread."

" Huddersfield Town v Fulham

Monday Night Football
Thanks Sky for trying your best to make me miss it but I will be there
20:00 Kick Off
(I'll be home late)
HD1 (you know the rest)

Last weekend
After Town played well for 10-15 minutes before we threw the towel in, the performance somewhat pailed into insignificance as news trickled through before the match of what had happened to Glen Hoddle in the Sky Studio's and after to the Leicester Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, his guests and helicopter crew. We can only echo the thoughts, sentiments and generally best wishes that have been the topic of many a news reel and social media chat this week.
This weekend

We will no doubt be honouring the lives of those lost last weekend before the match kicks off, hopefully everyone will be as respectful as they usually are.

lenda is apparently responding well to treatment and requires more by-passes in his heart than Spaghetti Junction, but will survive to return to his TV punditry. He was kept alive by a trained first aider until the ambulance paramedics arrived and took over. I've been on many a first aid courses over the years, since I was a teenager, and other than the odd cut finger and minor burn I've only had to do the same thing once, one Christmas Eve a few years back. Same thing, kept him going until the blue light chaps arrived.
If you're offered the chance to go on a first aid course through work - do it. If not, just do it anyway. Two or three days is all it takes and nobody fails the course. Like me, you might only have to use it once in anger, but it could be a family member or your best mate you use it on, never mind some stranger lying in a pool of slush and snow.
We're on the tellybox
If you can't get Sky, or live abroad, pick your favourite channel or feed from this lot.
https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/30187...vs-fulham/
The match
You have to wonder when Sky picked this match, whether it was due to the two hammerings Fulham gave us in our promotion season, or if they genuinely realised it would be between the two sides with the worst form in the division. Both clubs will be targeting this as a 'must win' or 'get something from' match. If the Coaches aren't, the fans are."

"We've played 'em before

As you will recall, we were thumped 5-0 at theirs, despite playing well, and 4-1 at ours where they responded to almost every attack we made with a goal, or so it seemed at the time. As good as they were against us at the time, they were almost as inconsistent as that lot down the road. After looking like they'd make a decent push for a top 2 slot they eventually just made a top 6 slot and then blew the play-off chance against Reading. Wagbo having erm, expertly(?) steered us into a play-off position (that confounded all the pundits all the way to Wemberlee and beyond) that meant we could only face them in the Final decider, which it wasn't to be.
They of course regrouped and came up via the final last season, beating Aston Vanilla in a game I didn't see so I can't comment on.

The players shouldn't need a rocket up their arses, but hopefully they got one after last week. Any more performances like damp squibs will surely mean a few new faces will come to Town in the January transfer window and a few under achievers will find themsleves looking at a loan to the likes of Fleetwood, Bradford or Accrington Stanley. Not sure what those clubs will have done wrong to deserve them but you get the gist.
Just remember folks, leave your sparklers, penny bangers and air bombs at home - we don't need them in the ground.

He wants to buy Wemberlee you know

Who does?
Fulham Chairman and owner of Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan
Why?
Well Craven Cottage isn't big enough for Fulham anymore, plus the old stands still have roof supports that get in the way. That and he wants to move Spurs out of Wembley.
But what will happen to the famous old cottage?
It might fit in one of the corners of Wembley, but just in case it doesn't, Lego have offered to make a scale model.

£100 million spent in an attempt to crash the top half of the division, not very well spent so far.
Hang-on with that kind of start, clubs normally sack the coach/manager just before they play us?
Watch this space.

"I've just read that Gonzo has tipped us to win this one. Do we laugh or cry?"

" Never fails to amaze me how teams get up to play us and can't pass a ball let alone score the next match."

" Must win and a chance to show the watching MNF Joe Public we're not as bad as the league suggests - well not if we obliterate from our minds the defending at Watford and Leicester etc
Nervous as hell already in case it doesnt go our way.
My mates back over from Canada for his annual game and shuffled some meetings around to Tuesday to drive up from Londres n back so it'd be nice to make his effort worthwhile."

That's it for this week........

Updated Below

" I don't want to see 5 at the back at home against another team struggling.

Lossl

Durm Zanka Shindler Kongolo

Mooy Billing
Pritchard
Mbenza Mounie RVLP
Let's get some goals & take the lead, we can always go more defensive if we're defending a lead. We need to go all out for a win & get at the most porous backline in the league."

" Lowe would be unlucky to miss out but can not argue with this. If Hogg plays again I will despair and it will play right into Fulham's hands."

" Lossl
Durm Schindler Kongolo Lowe
Hogg Mooy
Diakhaby Pritchard VLP
Depoitre
With their attacking threat I think we need Hogg in there to break things up instead of Billing. No idea if Diakhaby is fit or not."

" Playing that back 4 would allow Durm to push on & support the RW then Kongolo can tuck in to make a back 3. Let Pritchard support the left winger when needed in attack. That team would have enough attacking players that Kongolo wouldn't even need to cross the halfway line unless it's a set-piece. Mooy & Billing would need to be disciplined in when to go & when to sit in but Pritchard should be doing most of the work from midfield in the final third.
I agree Löwe would be unlucky to miss out as he's played well this season but we need to win so Wagner needs to try something abit different. He can always bring him on to bolster the defence if we're winning & Kongolo played well in that position last season."

" Mounie has missed 3 sitters this season, absolute sitters. Shooting accuracy means fcuk all as well if the ball isn't going in.
Last year their stats were very similar. Depoitre 6 goals in 1808 minutes, Mounie 7 in 1857.
It's a toss up, but Depoitre has the work outside the box to bolster him."

" Depoitre last season averaged a goal every 302 minutes. Mounie averaged a goal every 266 mins.
This season they've had roughly the same minutes game time but Mounie has had 3 times as many shots on target, you say he's missed some sitters but so has Depoitre, 2 against Leicester alone. I'd rather a striker getting scoring opportunities than not. 2 shots on target in roughly 5 games, he needs dropping to the bench imo."

" Hope we can bag 3 points, getting up to watch at 7am, could be a brilliant start to my day and give me that extra spring in my step. I know you locals hate a Monday night match but for me it saves me watching at 2am and being a zombie for the next day.

My two bobs worth, I think it's time to drop Billing to the bench, go our traditional 4231, stick Mounie up front. VLP on the right, Mbenza on the left.

Lössl
Durm Zanka Schindler Löwe
Hogg Mooy
VLP Pritchard Mbenza
Mounié

"I cannot understand why any but northern based FFC fans would bother actually attending . I still bet they bring 500."

" Yes, students, exiles based in the North and the hard core fans every Club has that go home and away equals about 500 I reckon. "

" Nice preview
www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/november/03/inside-the-john-smiths-stadium"

" Gotta be careful now. With each passing game we become more desparate. We know Fulham have the players to destroy. We need to aire on the side of caution when trying to capitalise on Fulhams alleged crap defence"

" Fulham with no clean sheets so far this season..
A goal has to finally arrive, right?!?"

"Stat.
Fulham have lost their last 6 Premier League games in Yorkshire."

" Who can predict the outcome of a game with two teams who have THE WORST STRIKERS V THE WORST DEFENCE. "

" Nil - Nil?"

" Nah, they have strikers, we won't score. They can

" Cardiff couldn't score until Fulham visited them and they doubled their total in one game.
They'll be fans on Fulham's site saying the same about them keeping a clean sheet."

"Post Options
Post by mrnutz on 7 minutes ago
Since all but one of our goals have come from defenders maybe we should put them up front instead?"

" or the confidence of the players..
For the belief of the manager..
To reassure the chairman..
To keep the crowd believing..
To launch THE GREAT ESCAPE

For the sanity of datm..ers..
We
Fooooooooooking
Have
To
Beat
Fulham.."

" The tactic for us is we must get the ball in the other teams net. We also need to stop the other team from scoring. This is what we need to do.
Go team"

" Its not just about winning though is it? It's the taking part that counts."

" he players won't be confident
The manager won't believe
The chairman won't be reassured
The crowd won't believe
THE GREAT ESCAPE won't get launched
And everyone on datm..Will go insane"

" We're already insane."

"You speak for yourself bro...
I'm only a part time lunatic "

" If we don't beat Fulham it will be a massive blow to everyone, particularly if we don't score as well. But if the worst happens, we dust ourselves down and go again in the next game. What other choice is there? Giving up is not an option.

" We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old and Town will get 3 points."

" Winston Churchill..
Big town fan..
Cowshed leader when town won the lg ..
Datm fact

"We can't even put a football in a net,so it makes the speech a bit pointless

" Must score or that's 6 at home on the bounce without a goal."

" Its the biggest must win in our recent history o
Its a chocolicious Absolutely Must win, we havent seen a goal since Tom Ince at home."

"Its mainly the poor form of the players that have got the club into this poo so surely its the players job to get us out of it
Its Wagner's job to motivate the players so he can get the best out of them , and vital that belief be drummed into the players
Both " HOME GAMES " are must win to kick start our season mainly because they are both winnable against teams around us, and little or no room for error .
Failure to do this is another matter ,and most likely would follow with a thread of its own
Bottom line is the Liverpool performance in itself was proof that this team are far to good to be in this position ,and we certainly seem to lack a lady luck"

" "We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalog of human crime. That is our policy as well as Town getting 3 points."...Winston Churchill."

" Here we will stand and fight; there will be no further withdrawal. I have ordered that all plans and instructions dealing with further withdrawal are to be burned, and at once. We will stand and fight here. If we can't stay here alive, then let us stay here dead until Town get three points." Montgomery."

" "Shall we allow our audacious enemies to violate with impunity the territory of the Republic? Will you permit the army to escape which has carried terror into your families? You will not. March, then, to meet him. Tear from his brows the laurels he has won. Teach the world that a malediction attends those that violate the territory of the Great People. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory, and a durable peace and 3 points for Town on Monday." Napoleon Bonaparte."

" "That ponsy French dwarf can fook right off"
Duke of Wellington (at Waterloo)"

" Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength as well as beating Fulham on Monday." Arnold Schwarzenegger."

" "My head might look like Kryten from Red Dwarf and I might run like a string-less puppet but I can put a shift in" Collin Qauner"

That's all for this week folks....nice to see some opposing fans with their tongues planted firmly in their collective cheeks....humor as an antidote to despair. Maybe some of our lot should give it a go?.....

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

terryr

Woolly Mammoth

I shall make a note of all this, may come in handy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.