watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Moore

Started by Steven Ageroad, November 04, 2018, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Tonight, BBC2 at 6.25. Film about Bobby Moore, I'm sure Fulham will get a mention about his time with us. We could well do with in our back 4 now!

Woolly Mammoth

A Legend in his own Life time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Still shocks me that he was so young when he died.  He was part of the growing up with the England team and then when he played for us he was such an legend by then. Always around  and yet like so many heroes I had, died remarkably early.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Very few people deserve to be called legends but he was one of those few. But how disgracefully was he treated by the establishment!

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BarneyTravers

Extremely emotional...blessed like many Fulham fans to have witnessed him wear our club colours.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

bog

The way he was treated by West Ham and England was scandalous. When we won that 5th round FA Cup tie at Goodison in 1975 he was absolutely magnificent. One of the best defenders ever. Very emotional.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on November 04, 2018, 07:46:13 PM
Very few people deserve to be called legends but he was one of those few. But how disgracefully was he treated by the establishment!

Yes, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on November 04, 2018, 08:50:43 PM
The way he was treated by West Ham and England was scandalous. When we won that 5th round FA Cup tie at Goodison in 1975 he was absolutely magnificent. One of the best defenders ever. Very emotional.

092.gif

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

How lucky we were to be blessed with Moore and Mullerry at the ends of their carreers.

Doubt if we will ever see the likes of Moore again.

CorkCity

I had the pleasure of Bobby Moore marking me when I played for Hampton (before they were hampton & Richmond
)
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

SWSixer

Can you elaborate? I don't know the background on this.

RaySmith

Quote from: filham on November 04, 2018, 08:53:40 PM
How lucky we were to be blessed with Moore and Mullerry at the ends of their carreers.

Doubt if we will ever see the likes of Moore again.

Imagine if we had them playing for us today. I was lucky enough to see them leading us to Wembley, and to have seen Mullery  play for us in his earlier prime, as well as Moore for West Ham.

It's criminal that they both fell on hard times, and the way Moore was treated, when they should have been honoured.

Twig

Quote from: SWSixer on November 04, 2018, 11:10:56 PM

Can you elaborate? I don't know the background on this.

As the captain of our only ever WC winning side it was incredible that he was never offered a role by the FA.  He was never awarded a knighthood by the honours committee (which suggests he was not put forward by either the FA or WHU) and yet less prominent sports personalities have regularly been awarded that honour. West Ham never offered him a role not even as a club ambassador. These are the things I was referring to.

bog

How times have changed with that 'Honours List'. The most fatuous for me is Sir Knickerless Clegg.

092.gif