News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Biggest match since Wembley (play off) ?

Started by Robbie, November 05, 2018, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I reckon this is our biggest match since Villa?
Can Joka survive if we get less than a draw?
Three points puts us nicely up the table and should be a massive boost to confidence.

Hudds are equally desperate ... first win. Wagner's job may well be on the line too.

WindyCity

Quote from: Robbie on November 05, 2018, 03:34:22 PM
I reckon this is our biggest match since Villa?
Can Joka survive if we get less than a draw?
Three points puts us nicely up the table and should be a massive boost to confidence.

Hudds are equally desperate ... first win. Wagner's job may well be on the line too.

Huge match today.  I think SJ only survives on three points.  Anything less and his future at FFC has to at the very least be questioned.

Fulham76

Yep, definitely the biggest game since Wembley, for a few reasons.

Firstly, if we lose tonight that makes a change of manager a very strong possibility, which isn't helpful at any stage during the season, especially this early on.

I'm one of SJ's biggest supporters but if we lose tonight it's probably best that he moves on with us bottom of the league & playing poorly for almost the entire season so far. Even after a run of what many thought were winnable games.

Next few games look horrendous! Absolutely 100% guaranteed defeat at Liverpool next & then Chelsea away 2 games later. We could easily be cut adrift well before Christmas.

Having said that, a win will make a huge difference.

A big game.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 05, 2018, 03:56:31 PM

Firstly, if we lose tonight that makes a change of manager a very strong possibility, which isn't helpful at any stage during the season, especially this early on.

I'm one of SJ's biggest supporters but if we lose tonight it's probably best that he moves on with us bottom of the league & playing poorly for almost the entire season so far. Even after a run of what many thought were winnable games.

Next few games look horrendous! Absolutely 100% guaranteed defeat at Liverpool next & then Chelsea away 2 games later. We could easily be cut adrift well before Christmas.

A big game.

How can it be 100& guaranteed lol so there's no way at all of winning?

filham

Just hope we are up for it and capable of a performance. We have been so disappointing recently. Surely with Cairney back we are going to see some football from Fulham.

Baszab

JoelH5

We HAVE to give 100%. If a player can't get up for the game tonight they should not be playing for this club
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Baszab

I really think this is / should be "make or break" for SJ
Is a draw good enough though ?

HV71

Quote from: Baszab on November 05, 2018, 05:09:26 PM
Very nervous already

I'm wobbling as well - it's pathetic but so real. I would hate it if defeat led to Joka leaving - the sheer thought of people like Allardyce or Coleman returning does my head in. Alcohol may be the only answer tonight

Southcoastffc

Biggest match since Wembley? Yes

Take a draw?  If it's nil nil - Yes (or even 1 all)   If it's 2 -2 or above - No.  We need a proper defensive element to our game tonight.  That's not to say I wouldn't love a full on attacking display which sees us win 5 nil!

Season defining, or make or break for SJ?   The result isn't but the performance might be.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham76

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 05, 2018, 04:40:55 PM

A big game.

I think you know what I mean & personally I don't think there will be any result but defeat, and probably a heavy one.

Happy to have a friendly net with you if you genuinely think the outcome will be different??

Camel Club

Be great to win tonight but I think a point accompanied by a decent defensive performance and genuine improvement saves Slav; at least until after the Southampton game.

Statto

Quote from: Camel Club on November 05, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Be great to win tonight but I think a point accompanied by a decent defensive performance and genuine improvement saves Slav; at least until after the Southampton game.

Agree

The Rock

I can't remember two worse PL teams where both managers seemed so assured of their jobs.

If we lose, it will show we can't win, period. Everyone else can beat them. Everyone else can beat Cardiff. I love SJ, but we can't just go and lose the next 20 matches.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

SP

Biggest crowd in my front room since we watched the video I Spit On Your Grave.

clarkey

This is crunch time for Slav and for Khan.

If we do anything other than win or draw 0-0 or 1-1 then he survives. Anything else with this poor defensive selection and he deserves to go.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 05, 2018, 05:38:48 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 05, 2018, 04:40:55 PM

A big game.

I think you know what I mean & personally I don't think there will be any result but defeat, and probably a heavy one.

Happy to have a friendly net with you if you genuinely think the outcome will be different??

After tonight we have to show up and can't get battered. I hope we surprise people.

Luffy86

And we fluffed it, looked like a poor Sunday league team!