watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The key to Sunday

Started by Southcoastffc, November 09, 2018, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

"We started too slowly against a side full of aggression with a point to prove. "   So says the Liverpool fanzine editor about their game v Red Star Belgrade.   If ever there was a side with a point to prove, it's us on Sunday.  Will we be full of aggression..............?   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

I think we are all looking for a passionate reaction, and even we lose by a shed load of goals its that reaction and fight that all fans are looking for.

If there is no reaction from the players then the writing if really on the wall for Joka, sadly.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it's important we restore some pride and credibility on Sunday, and hopefully Jok and the players will respond and make a real fist of it. Let Liverpool know they have been in a game.
Who knows what could happen if we show up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2018, 12:17:12 PM
Yes it's important we restore some pride and credibility on Sunday, and hopefully Jok and the players will respond and make a real fist of it. Let Liverpool know they have been in a game.
That's the first question will we have 11 players that actually turn up or will a lot of our squad not be available for 1 reason or another?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mickeyboro

I have supported FFC since 1970, but after Monday I don't feel I have it in me to watch Sunday's sequel... I hope it's a decision I will regret; kudos to the travelling fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2018, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2018, 12:17:12 PM
That's the first question will we have 11 players that actually turn up or will a lot of our squad not be available for 1 reason or another?

Well that's an interesting thought, and may give us a clue to who are the Spartons and who are for the scrap heap.

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Not expecting anything Sunday. What amazes me in all this is, despite being bottom of the league, we haven't been cut adrift as yet. 

filham

Quote from: Mickeyboro on November 09, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
I have supported FFC since 1970, but after Monday I don't feel I have it in me to watch Sunday's sequel... I hope it's a decision I will regret; kudos to the travelling fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I go back to about 1948 and for the first time in my memory I am finding it hard to watch the match.

If only there was half a chance of a couple of goals or a clean sheet to suggest a Fulham performance but we are facing yet another one sided run out for the opposition.

hovewhite

Having watched Fulham from 1967 and this feels like nothing I've seen before from  players in our shirt so dviod of any pride at all whatsoever.
Sunday I expect a desire,fight,passion for the fight out of respect not to the club but the travelling supporters!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SP on November 09, 2018, 05:25:29 PM
Not expecting anything Sunday. What amazes me in all this is, despite being bottom of the league, we haven't been cut adrift as yet. 
Yes, looking for positives, we are only 3 points behind the team in 14th place and it's still relatively early in the season, still 27 games to go.   I am an optimist 🙂
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFCSteve

Hmmmm!
Haven't seen much passion over the last few games!
Can't see how anything will change!
Trying not to be negative, but can't see what we have to change things!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

SG

Let's face it we haven't got a prayer. We are in disarray and the capitulation to Bournemouth plus the pathetic display at Huddersfield were a clear demonstration of this. I will look at the website with great trepidation at 1.50 and not before. Be surprised if we improve on a 3 goal defeat

SP

Quote from: FFCSteve on November 09, 2018, 07:23:08 PM
Hmmmm!
Haven't seen much passion over the last few games!
Can't see how anything will change!
Trying not to be negative, but can't see what we have to change things!

Play all 3 keepers perhaps!

Woolly Mammoth

The keeper we play, should be the one that can deal with crosses best, because there will be plenty of them, and a keeper that is capable of dealing with crosses comfortably, will take so much pressure off our defence.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Jocanovic in today's Telegraph states that all of the new players are not showing the correct attitude and adds that he will be prepared to drop them if there is not a change.

Time he left one or two of the big names out I think and reverted to last seasons fighting squad, just a shame we have lost Fredericks and Targette.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 10, 2018, 10:46:16 AM
Jocanovic in today's Telegraph states that all of the new players are not showing the correct attitude and adds that he will be prepared to drop them if there is not a change.

Time he left one or two of the big names out I think and reverted to last seasons fighting squad, just a shame we have lost Fredericks and Targette.

The problem is I fear that the horse has already bolted.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

The Key 🔑 to Sunday is having a strong enough padlock 🔓 to lock our defence for 90 minutes without inviting Liverpool too many times into our front room.
But there will be times when we will need all 11 players behind the ball. ⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We are not going to beat Liverpool so let us field a team that we know make an effort:-

Betts
                                            Christie     Odoi           Ream         Sess
                                                                MacDonald
                                                       Johansen              Cairney
                                                   Kamara        Mitrovic               Kebano

Any of the new big money summer signings wanting a starting place for the rest of the season should be prepared to make an effort as good as members of the above team.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on November 10, 2018, 03:07:47 PM
We are not going to beat Liverpool so let us field a team that we know make an effort:-

Betts
                                            Christie     Odoi           Ream         Sess
                                                                MacDonald
                                                       Johansen              Cairney
                                                   Kamara        Mitrovic               Kebano

Any of the new big money summer signings wanting a starting place for the rest of the season should be prepared to make an effort as good as members of the above team.

Probably the key to Sunday will be known at about an hour before kick off when the selection of misfits and naerdowells is put up on the board. If the likes of TFM appear in the starting eleven we are really in trouble and I would for one would genuinely suspect JOka did'nt care.
Lest we forget of course there are more important things happening at around 11am.