watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Phone theft part 2

Started by SHADY1, October 13, 2010, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

Orange won't cover it under the insurance as the van wasn't locked ... ok fair enough i thought ... however had i been a twit dropped it in the street left it on a wall and been careless it would have been covered ... the fact i placed it in what should be a safe place and got robbed counts for neglect on my behalf ... weird really ..
So i said not having that i'll leave ... they said if you leave you will have to pay £138 to buy myself out so i said ok do it ...
Oh but sir that seems a bit stupid ... yeh maybe but so does your insurance policy that i pay extra for .. if i had lied and said i had lost it we wouldn't be having this conversation as i've been honest you are punishing me again... put me on to a supervisor ...ok ... he says sorry can see you point but the rules are rules I said ok then how much to buy a new phone ...nokia 6700 ... you can't do that unless you sign another contract ... ok i say i'll sign another 18 month contract you have to then give me the phone for nothing... silence ... more silence ... hang on will have to get my supervisor ... yeh but mate you are a supervisor thats why i'm talking to you... yes but i'll have to get my supervisor..
I wait wait ... SIR you cant have a new phone on a new contract but we will let you have an emergency replacement for £70 i said no sod it i'll sign out of my deal can i have my puk code.. sorry sir not when a claims going through... i said but its not you said i can't claim....
ummmmmmm another silence Sir we will do the phone for £70 and will give your account a £20 credit... so i accepted mainly because by then i was bored... i didn't really need to be signing new deals mine with orange is good .. etc etc...

I have learn't IF your phone get stolen just say it's lost...

To add insult to injury went to my 1st job and found i'd had an almost new petrol blower worth nearly £300 taken as well ....oh and now my home phones not working ..
New York a distant memory..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SHADY1 on October 13, 2010, 05:45:18 PM
Orange won't cover it under the insurance as the van wasn't locked ... ok fair enough i thought ... however had i been a twit dropped it in the street left it on a wall and been careless it would have been covered ... the fact i placed it in what should be a safe place and got robbed counts for neglect on my behalf ... weird really ..
So i said not having that i'll leave ... they said if you leave you will have to pay £138 to buy myself out so i said ok do it ...
Oh but sir that seems a bit stupid ... yeh maybe but so does your insurance policy that i pay extra for .. if i had lied and said i had lost it we wouldn't be having this conversation as i've been honest you are punishing me again... put me on to a supervisor ...ok ... he says sorry can see you point but the rules are rules I said ok then how much to buy a new phone ...nokia 6700 ... you can't do that unless you sign another contract ... ok i say i'll sign another 18 month contract you have to then give me the phone for nothing... silence ... more silence ... hang on will have to get my supervisor ... yeh but mate you are a supervisor thats why i'm talking to you... yes but i'll have to get my supervisor..
I wait wait ... SIR you cant have a new phone on a new contract but we will let you have an emergency replacement for £70 i said no sod it i'll sign out of my deal can i have my puk code.. sorry sir not when a claims going through... i said but its not you said i can't claim....
ummmmmmm another silence Sir we will do the phone for £70 and will give your account a £20 credit... so i accepted mainly because by then i was bored... i didn't really need to be signing new deals mine with orange is good .. etc etc...

I have learn't IF your phone get stolen just say it's lost...

To add insult to injury went to my 1st job and found i'd had an almost new petrol blower worth nearly £300 taken as well ....oh and now my home phones not working ..
New York a distant memory..

Go to the local boot sale this weekend, reasonable chance  your blower will be for sale by a Pikey, i've only been to one boot sale, couldn't believe there was 3 differant pikey vans all selling stolen Gardening tools, and the old Bill just walk by them.

finnster01

This outlet is also know as eBay.
Biggest fence in the business. And there isn't even the old bill walking by.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SHADY1

I will check e-bay as i'm always on it.. as for the car boot they are far too early for me these days... it's gone.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

VicHalomsLovechild

Shady, have you got house insurance? I had my blackberry nicked and it was covered on my household insurance.  Mine had a personal items (bikes, camera's phones etc) bit on top as I had insured the kids bikes on top of the usual policy. Just make sure you read your policy before you claim,You don't want to confuse the 16 year old processor.

Logicalman

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on October 13, 2010, 09:36:33 PM
Shady, have you got house insurance? I had my blackberry nicked and it was covered on my household insurance.  Mine had a personal items (bikes, camera's phones etc) bit on top as I had insured the kids bikes on top of the usual policy. Just make sure you read your policy before you claim,You don't want to confuse the 16 year old processor.

... remember, your windows were shut and your door was locked !!!!  Don't go telling them you left the bloody things open  :038:

ghrt

Never admit anything is the golden rule

Admin

I love a petrol blower, especially at the end of the job, you can't get me off the fcuking thing...