watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Afternoon All

Started by ghrt, October 13, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Bugger, that didn't work very well... I'll get my coat.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Burt on October 14, 2010, 01:39:02 PM
I think there should be a rule banning

HUGE FONT THAT SCROLLS ACROSS THE SCREEN[/b][/size]

I agree

WhiteJC

Quote from: Burt on October 14, 2010, 01:39:02 PM
I think there should be a rule banning

HUGE FONT THAT SCROLLS ACROSS THE SCREEN[/b][/size]

did you mean...
HUGE FONT THAT SCROLLS ACROSS THE SCREEN
:dft001:

move-size-bold "then words"

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 14, 2010, 12:47:46 PM
...I have received a personal e-mail from Si and I think he should be given the right to respond on here - would any mods on here please advise if they object to me re-instating his membership.

Thanks...

Can't we just have a show trial.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 14, 2010, 02:03:03 PM
...I have received a personal e-mail from Si and I think he should be given the right to respond on here - would any mods on here please advise if they object to me re-instating his membership.

Thanks...

Can't we just have a show trial.

+1, I will get the Stalinist Uniforms in...

LRCN

right well here's some new stuff
ghrt acknowledged on tiff yesterday that he registered on fof. this post also shared the ip of another tiff member, whether that's a coincidence i don't know, i imagine not since 'pearcey' was defending ghrt quite alot.
http://img684.imageshack.us/f/morethanoneperson.jpg/

then the ip that ghrt and si shared on here also appeared when ghrt made a post on tiff yesterday afternoon
http://img251.imageshack.us/f/ghrttiffsameipfofblocke.jpg/

not only that but the email which si used to register the ghrt account was also used to email a tiffer (a while back) under the persona of ghrt. its in the ghrt thread on tiff but if you missed it, here's the 'reveal'
http://img524.imageshack.us/f/emails.jpg/

and a couple of months ago when ghrt first appeared on tiff si shared the ip with 'GHRT', a different account.
http://img810.imageshack.us/f/ips2earlierblocked.jpg/
made a topic under it too
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=5924.msg56472#msg56472

intruiging.... back to fruity loops and a packet of smarties now.

The Equalizer

Thanks...

Si was banned? This beggars belief. Is this a Fulham messageboard open to Fulham supporters, or is it a witch-hunt? I openly admit that he did something wrong, but he did it with good intentions, and as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), he did nothing to offend any of the other posters on here. I can't say that I'm happy about this.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 02:12:05 PM

Thanks...

Si was banned? This beggars belief. Is this a Fulham messageboard open to Fulham supporters, or is it a witch-hunt? I openly admit that he did something wrong, but he did it with good intentions, and as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), he did nothing to offend any of the other posters on here. I can't say that I'm happy about this.

Sorry Eq, but if he has been posing as GHRT (as the evidence provided by Lork seems to suggest) then he should be ashamed. He was single handedly responsible for trying to drive people away from tiff and (it appears) was about to start the same thing on here.

LRCN

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 02:12:05 PM

Thanks...

mate a ban is never ever taken lightly, whether it's someone new or someone like si who has been on fulham messageboards for a while. but 'GHRT' was riling people on tiff, on purpose, and the links with si are too strong to ignore. his si_ffcuk account is no longer suspended so he's free to post on here and defend himself.

The Equalizer

On TIFF, all that was proved was that they were using the same IP proxy service - do an IP lookup, you'll see some random Bolivian address with no domain contact details - quite clearly a proxy service.

The reason he was using this on TIFF was because his own IP range from whatever his provider was, was blocked. And as it happens, GHRT was also banned from TIFF.

The evidence from FoF isn't refutable, as he's openly admitted opening the account. On TIFF Si is not GHRT, I 100% back him on this.

My question is why would you ban Si from here for alleged actions on another forum? That's not a decision taken lightly, that's a witch-hunt.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 02:25:41 PM
On TIFF, all that was proved was that they were using the same IP proxy service - do an IP lookup, you'll see some random Bolivian address with no domain contact details - quite clearly a proxy service.

The reason he was using this on TIFF was because his own IP range from whatever his provider was, was blocked. And as it happens, GHRT was also banned from TIFF.

The evidence from FoF isn't refutable, as he's openly admitted opening the account. On TIFF Si is not GHRT, I 100% back him on this.

My question is why would you ban Si from here for alleged actions on another forum? That's not a decision taken lightly, that's a witch-hunt.

1) He started posting in a very GHRT-like way when he joined FoF, so the Mods took a course of action to stop him destroying the board. Why would he bother posting as GHRT if he was signing up as him purely to stop the 'real' perputrator??

2) Si barely posts on here theses days anyway because he has T-f-i, so I think you are overeacting here.

sipwell

I have to disagree with that I'm afraid. There is on TIFF from time to time an overlap with the IP used here and used on TIFF by GHRT & Si. That IP does not seem to be a proxy but is genuinly located in Great Britain and hence it is trackable. GHRT does indeed know his ways with proxies and the like but ironically so does Si. That is not a trick you learn easily imo and most people would not even know how to start.

Your last question is legit though (in my view).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 14, 2010, 02:28:42 PM

1) He started posting in a very GHRT-like way when he joined FoF, so the Mods took a course of action to stop him destroying the board. Why would he bother posting as GHRT if he was signing up as him purely to stop the 'real' perputrator??

2) Si barely posts on here theses days anyway because he has T-f-i, so I think you are overeacting here.

I may be overreacting a little, but I do find that some kind of witch hunt has taken place here for all the wrong reasons. I've not seen anything from the person posting as GHRT on here that was in the slightest way offensive to anyone, quite contrary in fact, I thought the posts, albeit short, were reasonable enough to be displayed on here. Christ, I could be posting as LBNo11 and no-one would know - maybe that's a bad example.  :dft012:
I just think that there's got to be a line drawn somewhere if you want to run and promote and successful messageboard, and banning decent and true Fulham supporting folk like Si isn't the way to go. At the end of the day, this is a football forum, not an old-boys member's club.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 02:38:08 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 14, 2010, 02:28:42 PM

I may be overreacting a little, but I do find that some kind of witch hunt has taken place here for all the wrong reasons. I've not seen anything from the person posting as GHRT on here that was in the slightest way offensive to anyone, quite contrary in fact, I thought the posts, albeit short, were reasonable enough to be displayed on here. Christ, I could be posting as LBNo11 and no-one would know - maybe that's a bad example.  :dft012:
I just think that there's got to be a line drawn somewhere if you want to run and promote and successful messageboard, and banning decent and true Fulham supporting folk like Si isn't the way to go. At the end of the day, this is a football forum, not an old-boys member's club.

Your last line is very true (although could also be used to argue why Si should be culpable and not let off for being a long standing Fulham supporter). I think the issue here is one of deceit. IMO there is something fishy going on, someone is trying to take everyone for a ride.

As far as I am concerned the Mods have always done a good job on this board and long may it continue.

TonyGilroy

I'm only interested in what goes on here but there is really no doubt that in the run up to the formation of TFI, and since, there have been constant attempts to undermine TIFF.

Anonymous trolls posting crap, GHRT's offensive schtick and now impersonation of regular posters. The "evidence" disclosed here may or may not be solid - I lack the technical knowledge to make a judgment - but I would support banning on here anyone who seems likely to be up to this type of, frankly, sabotage.

The Equalizer

Fair point mate. Okay, I want to close this off now as the debate seems to have gone on for far too long.

I fully understand the mods reasons, and it is their prerogative to ban people at whim. However, I am still going to stand fully in Si's court here to back up a mate who made a mistake.

Can we let this lie now, I think enough damage has been done to reputations...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 02:49:31 PM
Fair point mate. Okay, I want to close this off now as the debate seems to have gone on for far too long.

I fully understand the mods reasons, and it is their prerogative to ban people at whim. However, I am still going to stand fully in Si's court here to back up a mate who made a mistake.

Can we let this lie now, I think enough damage has been done to reputations...

Consider the issue closed (mods, could we lock the thread?)

LRCN

yeah sure. eq if you and/or si have any more concerns you wish to raise please don't hesitate to pm me or any of the other mods.

LBNo11

...as a footnote, just to confirm that Si's membership account has been re-opened.

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC