more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Afternoon All

Started by ghrt, October 13, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Wonderful stuff.

I have no way of judging the technical arguments but if it's true it's an incredible effort for no discernible sensible effect. This would be the equivalent of industrial sabotage but I assume that these forums are non profit making so what on earth would be the point.

I'd give GHRT the benefit of the doubt but insist he stays in character.

The real problem is the TIFF format, beloved of it's users, but which gives trolls maximum satisfaction and users maximum annoyance because all new posts instantly appear at the top of the board pushing into archive the interesting stuff. The trolls are also guaranteed anonymity short of the sort of forensic investigation which may or may not have been uncovered here.

More please.

AlFayedsChequebook

Si's response, pulled from tiff:

Christ, how many IP addresses have you blocked! Have spent an hour trying to get a proxy that works on here. GHRT is not me. I run two business and have a new marital home to decorate etc. Where do you think I find teh bloody time to post on here as well as keep an eye on TFI. I set-up a fake account on both TFI & FoF so that GHRT would not monopolise TFI. Should have told LBno11 and the other Mods at FoF but I didn't so that was wrong. The GHRT that has been causing pain on here is nothing to do with me so I would appreciate it if this thread was removed. Thanks in advance.

thoughts?

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 14, 2010, 08:53:24 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 07:17:02 AM
Just to stick my oar in here...

I don't know the truth of the matter behind the GHRT/Si connection, but I do know both Si and Craven personally and can verify that they are both true and decent chaps, although Craven is a bit of an ungulate loving deviant. This seems to be quite coincidental that they have the same IP, but if they are with an internet provider there is every chance that they could be sharing the same public IP which would be displayed on this forum.

I've previously lost my access to TIFF due to having the same home IP as someone who had been banned, so as far as I'm concerned, the evidence given is speculative.
Does this mean Lork has dropped a bollock ? :011: .

HAHA Fred, we should have checked in first. There is more to this than the same IP address, which was outlined in Lork's post. I support Lork's actions in this matter. We have averted a problem and potentially uncovered something rather silly.

sipwell

I know one or two things about IPs and IP checkers (as most of you by now know, I became a Fulham fan because of Airfix and because we are both heading the admin team in a 60.000+ online game  :017:) .

1) it all depends on your ISP. Until recently I had a fixed IP. As the company changed, it was easier (and cheaper) for them to fluctuate my IP. If I log in to the internet, I will get a new IP address. (You can check that Lork: I will have an address starting with 94. that will fluctuate and one will 134. that is fixed). One link can be pure coincidence but if there is a pattern, there is no doubt.

2) if I recall correctly - from reading Tiff before I got annoyed with it - GHRT said he could change his IP easily (by using a proxy). If he is a bit handy with this - and since all IP are public on Tiff - he can hide behind the IP of someone else. That would mean he bought a program that allows for that (and makes him an even bigger WUM). As I am naturally attracted to the world of IPs (3 years doing IP checks does leave marks), it was clear to me that GHRT was able to hide behind a proxy.

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

I think the one in the Book depository was a patsy. There was a flash from the grassy knoll.

I too have a fluctuating proxy. Seeing the Docs about my IP problems. But it may simply be age.

Some of us are different people who post on the same computer at the same time. Don't we lads and little Sarah? Yes we do, yeah, oh yes, hi big boy, yes but stop hitting me.

So I guess it comes down to this, if a thread annoys the Mods, they can pluck it out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: sipwell on October 14, 2010, 10:03:25 AM
I know one or two things about IPs and IP checkers (as most of you by now know, I became a Fulham fan because of Airfix and because we are both heading the admin team in a 60.000+ online game  :017:) .

1) it all depends on your ISP. Until recently I had a fixed IP. As the company changed, it was easier (and cheaper) for them to fluctuate my IP. If I log in to the internet, I will get a new IP address. (You can check that Lork: I will have an address starting with 94. that will fluctuate and one will 134. that is fixed). One link can be pure coincidence but if there is a pattern, there is no doubt.

2) if I recall correctly - from reading Tiff before I got annoyed with it - GHRT said he could change his IP easily (by using a proxy). If he is a bit handy with this - and since all IP are public on Tiff - he can hide behind the IP of someone else. That would mean he bought a program that allows for that (and makes him an even bigger WUM). As I am naturally attracted to the world of IPs (3 years doing IP checks does leave marks), it was clear to me that GHRT was able to hide behind a proxy.

So basically, you're a massive geek?  :59:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

So, let me get this straight - Lork's a good guy, Si is a good guy, Craven is a good guy, Sipwell is a bit iffy and GHRT we are definitely concerned about! :011:

I just tried to get onto the new TFI and was met with this message for the first time -

Too Many Connections
There are currently too many connections to this server. Please check back again in 30 seconds.

I guess all publicity is good publicity - right?? :005:

On a serious note thanks to Lork, Ridgey and the guys for all the unseen work they do protecting and enhancing this site. Wumming and Trolling is becoming a more popular pastime by the day and all boards and forums seem to be under constant attack from the mentally unhinged.

As for Lork dropping a bollock, I was of the understanding that he was still waiting for that happy day!!  :58:

Logicalman

Quote from: White Noise on October 14, 2010, 10:26:57 AM
As for Lork dropping a bollock, I was of the understanding that he was still waiting for that happy day!!  :58:

Perhaps Fred will lend him his nylons, so at least it won't roll away when dropped.

LRCN

na no bollock was dropped, si's admitted to having the ghrt account on here and has offered an explanation. whether you want to believe that is up to you, i thought it was a bit out of character too but dunno why he'd make an account on here.

Quote from: Logicalman on October 14, 2010, 10:30:38 AM

Perhaps Fred will lend him his nylons, so at least it won't roll away when dropped.

HAHAHA, bloody cheek

fulhamwannabe

read all 4 pages of this thread and i'm still wondering what's happening  :005:

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 10:09:58 AM

So basically, you're a massive geek?  :59:

I still have a given Hamburg picture of you, so "shush" :P
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lork on October 14, 2010, 10:45:37 AM
na no bollock was dropped, si's admitted to having the ghrt account on here and has offered an explanation. whether you want to believe that is up to you, i thought it was a bit out of character too but dunno why he'd make an account on here.

HAHAHA, bloody cheek

Si has told me that he did it to prevent GHRT from registering on this website and wumming us as well. Done in the best interests, but probably the wrong way to achieve it. He should've contacted the Guvnors first...

And Lork, I think it would've been polite for you to have messaged Si before posting on here and TIFF as poor Si has now become a bit of a pariah...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 11:24:03 AM

HAHAHA, bloody cheek

Si has told me that he did it to prevent GHRT from registering on this website and wumming us as well. Done in the best interests, but probably the wrong way to achieve it. He should've contacted the Guvnors first...

And Lork, I think it would've been polite for you to have messaged Si before posting on here and TIFF as poor Si has now become a bit of a pariah...

What doesnt add up is why he registered but continued to write in the same way that GHRT did on tiff. Surely if he just wanted GHRT not to register he would have taken the name but never posted on the site??

Lots of people are coming out to say Si is a good bloke etc, but it seems pretty coincidental that he sets up a new website just before some guy by the name of GHRT starte terrorising tiff.

I back Lork in this, if Si has nothing to hide then he should not be embarrassed, Lork did the right thing in telling people when he smelt a rat.

richie17

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 14, 2010, 11:33:08 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on October 14, 2010, 11:24:03 AM

HAHAHA, bloody cheek

What doesnt add up is why he registered but continued to write in the same way that GHRT did on tiff. Surely if he just wanted GHRT not to register he would have taken the name but never posted on the site??

Lots of people are coming out to say Si is a good bloke etc, but it seems pretty coincidental that he sets up a new website just before some guy by the name of GHRT starte terrorising tiff.

I back Lork in this, if Si has nothing to hide then he should not be embarrassed, Lork did the right thing in telling people when he smelt a rat.

exactly.  he set up the account as protection/a dummy then... used it to write as ghrt?   

FatFreddysCat

Well we already have Mr Tizzard from the offal on here, cant be no worse than him.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 14, 2010, 11:49:20 AM
Well we already have Mr Tizzard from the offal on here, cant be no worse than him.

Bloody hell Fred- if that's true then we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle. What name does Tizzard post under? :035:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

fulhamwannabe

read some of his posts at the offal,blimeyyyy the guy is deranged!

CorkedHat

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 14, 2010, 12:17:34 PM
read some of his posts at the offal,blimeyyyy the guy is deranged!

Really?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...I have received a personal e-mail from Si and I think he should be given the right to respond on here - would any mods on here please advise if they object to me re-instating his membership.

Thanks...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

I think there should be a rule banning

HUGE FONT THAT SCROLLS ACROSS THE SCREEN[/b][/size]