watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Much Better(Only Gripe Is)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 11, 2018, 01:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

When we got chances(apart from the disallowed goal) our efforts were weak...Sess and Schurlle early on should have done better....

Bassey the warrior

Yeah Sess absolutely has to score. Of course Mitro did score, but that's another matter.

AnOldBrownie

My gripe is that the TV hasn't shown that Mo Salah was onside for his goal, yet we ALL know that Mitro was.

That's my biggest gripe.

Second biggest was Seri getting time on the pitch.    I'd trade him for a decent holding mid in a second.

Cairney, Anguissa and Chambers (when he wasn't fouling someone) were fine.   Once the team got tired and Cairney got subbed we didn't have an adequate replacement off the bench.   NO, Seri isn't it.    I've seen 11 games now for him to show his quality and except for a worldly goal against Burnley, he hasn't.

I'm done with the Seri experiment.

Deeping_white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 02:01:21 PM
My gripe is that the TV hasn't shown that Mo Salah was onside for his goal, yet we ALL know that Mitro was.

That's my biggest gripe.

Second biggest was Seri getting time on the pitch.    I'd trade him for a decent holding mid in a second.

Cairney, Anguissa and Chambers (when he wasn't fouling someone) were fine.   Once the team got tired and Cairney got subbed we didn't have an adequate replacement off the bench.   NO, Seri isn't it.    I've seen 11 games now for him to show his quality and except for a worldly goal against Burnley, he hasn't.

I'm done with the Seri experiment.

Did Seri piss in your cornflakes or something, you really don't like him and I can't fathom what exactly it is that makes you hate him so much. You got called out by MGJ when you said he wasn't a creative midfielder and he proved you wrong but still peddle him as some sort of awful footballer. He evidently has quality as proven by his early season performances, but the whole squad have been poor recently, him included, even the players with supposed prem experience yet you have this fixation on him specifically being an "experiment" when he's been stuck with Kmac behind him leaving him far much to do and not allowing him to get forward, because when he does he makes plenty of chances. Perhaps look at the wasteful Schurrle instead who still shows no defensive effort

Steeeeeeeeeed

I honestly think it was pretty much the same as the Arsenal performance, getting away with things in the first half, but threatening to collapse in the second half.

Yes, apart from the unluckiness with the Mitro goal disallowed and then Salah scoring. It would have been fantastic for us and really could have changed everything for us if that had gone our way, BUT apart from that and a couple of Sess pushing forward moments, we weren't really in the game at all.

Really Liverpool just did not have their shooting boots on at all and possibly jet lagged and tired from a horrible mid week trip away for them. They really looked like they were taking it very easy overall.

I think we showed at least something as opposed to the Huddersfield and Cardiff games, and hopefully we go into the Southampton game with a little bit more confidence, but don't gloss it up too much, on another day Liverpool would have won that 5 or 6 nil., They were completely dominant.

Luka

We had a meagre 27% possession.
Liverpool cruised to a comfortable 2-0.
There really wasn't much to learn from today other than that Rico has consolidated his position as 1st choice keeper.

Baszab

Don't agree- thought it was just about OK

We have 2 problems -

(i) tactics are poor and (ii) players have no fight/passion

At least (i) was partly addressed today

To go in 1-0 up at HT would have made a huge difference to the second half performance

nose returns

we played really reallly well and gives somethong to build on at last. the referee of no fixed moral fabric killed us. at the other end of the pitch we would have scored and rico would have been penalised for the moving ball if they didn't....

anguisa's best game but clearly tired after 70 minutes. seri was dreadful again.
TC messed up big time for the second goal and even though i do not blame rico for the 2nd he had to be doing more and I suspect lack of english is the issue.... christie was ball watching and cairney either had to stay put or call him...however the finish was exceptional.

but if you cannot see that was much much better then nothing will please you.

Hoppus

Quote from: Baszab on November 11, 2018, 02:38:52 PM
Don't agree- thought it was just about OK

We have 2 problems -

(i) tactics are poor and (ii) players have no fight/passion

At least (i) was partly addressed today

To go in 1-0 up at HT would have made a huge difference to the second half performance

Did you watch the game!?
Great effort, when they got 2-0 it was game over. It's Liverpool @ Anfield, effort is not enough.

hovewhite

Everyone is so f#####n negative on here!!

filham

That was almost a performance from us, best we have seen for a while. If we had played like that against Cardif and Hudersfield we would have six more points on the board by now.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on November 11, 2018, 02:52:55 PM
That was almost a performance from us, best we have seen for a while. If we had played like that against Cardif and Hudersfield we would have six more points on the board by now.

And that is the key point. We played the same formation as we did against Huddersfield but the players tried much harder.