watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton

Started by SP, December 20, 2020, 08:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Odoi and Ream are out of their depth in the Premier League. Both have been great servants over the years but their time is over.

Jules

Would still rather have Odoi play ahead of Hector who was very shaky indeed on Saturday. Denis is more composed in the centre and has pace.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Hector did have difficulty at times, but I put that down to coming on at a difficult time whereupon he had to adjust to the pace of the game which was far from easy.
Plus he had to deal with their midfield outnumbering ours as we were one man shy, which meant that Hector and the rest of the defence were hit a lot earlier than if we had a full 11.
Also he was a little nervous, which shows he was concentrating and alert.
Tosin playing next to him will reassure him and relax him more, and that can only be good.
Nothing against Odoi who will give 100%, Ream is a little slow for this level and his lack of pace will be exploited.
Whereas Hector has a physical presence and will add even more height at the back which is a necessary weapon.
With Anderson and Lemina missing Reed will slot in nicely.
It will be an interesting team selection and I would not be surprised if Bryan comes into the frame slotting in front of Robinson which not only supply decent crosses but he can double up with Robinson to keep Walcott quiet, it will be an interesting match.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

Southampton are a good side, but I won't be happy with a point. We need to start winning.

ffc73

Leicester are a good side & we beat them so we can beat Southampton.

In fact we had better start winning otherwise all these 'better' performances are just giving us false hope. Draws are no good to us when we are playing catch up & those around us nick 3-points here & there.

Woolly Mammoth

So we are all agreed, it's 3 points on Saturday as another win is overdue.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Romeu is a big loss for them too. Not quite as much as Ings but he's had a fantastic season and really allows Ward Prowse to play with the ball further up. I think Saints will likely get something from the game but a good performance again would be great.

filham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 21, 2020, 05:45:26 PM
Maybe Kongolo will be ready?
Kongolo has been with us most of this year but has hardly been available to play. He must be so rusty and to give him a start now would be much too risky. Parker has to choose from Hector, Ream or Odoi to replace Anderson and I expect Southampton will be pleased to see any one of those in place of Anderson.