watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri - Fulham find themselves involved in legal action over summer transfer

Started by gezkc, November 17, 2018, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

At the moment this seems to be an issue confined to Nice and their former player

Siri has a very well paid agent who is likely to be the next in the firing line, if Nice wiggle out of this one

Since he may well be getting a claim against his liability insurance - if Siri's appoints a new agent !

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HV71

toshes mate

I am in agreement with the comments indicative of this being yet another recruitment cock-up, no matter who is exactly to blame for the way it has been handled. 

However, I am also intrigued that Fournier, director general of Nice, admitted he 'had blown' Seri Fulham's way which contradicts Tony Khan's official statement on July 12th that Seri had been a long term target of his when announcing the signing. 

I hope some of you will now begin to understand why I don't believe much about what we are told of the recruitment team methodology and workings and why that is bad for FFC.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 09:59:36 AM
I am in agreement with the comments indicative of this being yet another recruitment cock-up, no matter who is exactly to blame for the way it has been handled. 

However, I am also intrigued that Fournier, director general of Nice, admitted he 'had blown' Seri Fulham's way which contradicts Tony Khan's official statement on July 12th that Seri had been a long term target of his when announcing the signing. 

I hope some of you will now begin to understand why I don't believe much about what we are told of the recruitment team methodology and workings and why that is bad for FFC.
you can have a long term target and be advised he's available. But of course that doesn't fit your agenda does it?
How about a bit of balance in all of this?
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2018, 10:35:05 AM

you can have a long term target and be advised he's available. But of course that doesn't fit your agenda does it?
I don't have an agenda, MJG, just opinions.  I believe FFC would be better off without the blighted nepotism and I am not going to apologise for that.  If you disagree fine but please do not take cheap shots.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 10:47:15 AM

I don't have an agenda, MJG, just opinions.  I believe FFC would be better off without the blighted nepotism and I am not going to apologise for that.  If you disagree fine but please do not take cheap shots.
Is balance a cheap shot? You know what that quote meant and you used it the way you wanted.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2018, 10:51:07 AM

Is balance a cheap shot? You know what that quote meant and you used it the way you wanted.
Mmm, I think you mean TK used it as he wanted to - meaning Seri was in his database as a 'player of interest' perhaps. And so why did Nice have to 'blow it' our way meaning it would not have happened otherwise?

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 10:54:49 AM

Mmm, I think you mean TK used it as he wanted to - meaning Seri was in his database as a 'player of interest' perhaps. And so why did Nice have to 'blow it' our way meaning it would not have happened otherwise?
as you are aware the database has lots of players in it and I'm sure they monitor lots of players but won't know all their availabilities. They get a call he available and you look at maybe doing a deal, or sometimes you initiate it. I see nothing there that wouldn't happen under a traditional process or the process we have in place.

toshes mate

As you are aware the database has lots of players in it and I'm sure they monitor lots of players but won't know all their availabilities. They get a call he available and you look at maybe doing a deal, or sometimes you initiate it. I see nothing there that wouldn't happen under a traditional process or the process we have in place.
I have no idea what is in the database, MJG, except I'd be surprised if it excluded any known and active professional football player in comprehensiveness or some degree, and that, as you well know was not my point.  Fulham were said by Nice to be negotiating over MLM at the moment Seri is suggested and has previously expressed interest in a.n.other (not Seri) when Seri's name is pushed to Fulham by Nice.  That suggests the actual deal for Seri was not planned beforehand as part of FFC's recruitment strategy.  Now if you know different to that then  let us all hear it, otherwise I have simply stated two known facts and expressed an opinion they are in contradiction.  Nothing you have said changes that contradiction (which I said I was intrigued by) since neither you nor I were present.  I expressed intrigue because I am genuinely concerned that most all supporters are in the dark about recruitment matters. You immediately jump to the defence of TK.  I draw my own conclusions from that, as I do from the speed at which you wished to accuse me of having an agenda and showing a lack of balance.  Thanks for the insight.

MJG

I would have thought that they felt Seri was possibly out of reach given links he has had and as some have said in retrospect that maybe having him and TC in the same team is a bit of a luxury and shouldn't have signed him. So yes maybe they were looking at firstly getting a defender in, which we all know we needed and maybe another player but yes not Seri.

I'm not defending Tony or the club or anyone. As I say it's about balance and ok giving another view on your comment. No agenda apart from giving a whole picture and options that may have come into play

In these days it seems everything has to be black and white, right and wrong, deal no deal. When in reality it's a mixture of things which is what many seem to forget in this day and age.

You don't like the owners that's clear, you don't like Tony and you don't like the process.
He has football people next to him but not yhe football people you want. We have e others who deal with the finance but not people you want. I'm not really sure how that circle is squad. Just give the new man a blank cheque to do what he wants? Been down that road before and it didn't work out so well.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2018, 12:02:46 PM
I would have thought that they felt Seri was possibly out of reach given links he has had and as some have said in retrospect that maybe having him and TC in the same team is a bit of a luxury and shouldn't have signed him. So yes maybe they were looking at firstly getting a defender in, which we all know we needed and maybe another player but yes not Seri.

I'm not defending Tony or the club or anyone. As I say it's about balance and ok giving another view on your comment. No agenda apart from giving a whole picture and options that may have come into play

In these days it seems everything has to be black and white, right and wrong, deal no deal. When in reality it's a mixture of things which is what many seem to forget in this day and age.

You don't like the owners that's clear, you don't like Tony and you don't like the process.
He has football people next to him but not yhe football people you want. We have e others who deal with the finance but not people you want. I'm not really sure how that circle is squad. Just give the new man a blank cheque to do what he wants? Been down that road before and it didn't work out so well.

If I might interrupt for a moment, whatever the rights or wrongs, or differences of interpretation, Fulham had actively scouted Seri for at least 2 years before his transfer.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 18, 2018, 12:06:55 PM

If I might interrupt for a moment, whatever the rights or wrongs, or differences of interpretation, Fulham had actively scouted Seri for at least 2 years before his transfer.
which is what I'm saying, he was on radar and on our lists for a while.

toshes mate

Nowhere have I expressed 'like' or 'dislike' for either Shahid or Tony and so please do not put words into my mouth.  I have familiarity with nepotism in several ways in my working life, and I have seen where it works and where it does not, and I have already mentioned that in previous posts.  I strongly believe the nepotism at FFC has been poorly managed on a number of levels and whilst no football club is smooth running I do feel it has hindered more than it has helped.  Having football people junior to you is not the same as having football people senior to you and I do get the distinct impression the current situation leans more towards FFC being 'Tony's Toy' (as someone else put it on this forum) than a shrewd business operation.   If you find that to be an agenda and unbalanced then I listen to your judegment of me and plead 'Not Guilty' and counter with what is your evidence it would not have been better had TK been an apprentice/intern/junior staff member learning his trade the hard way?  That in my view is balance. 

filham

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 17, 2018, 07:20:16 PM
I thought Seri showed his class in the first couple of matches and then he just faded away. Perhaps this is the reason. Maybe a new head coach can get him back on track. He's obviously a top quality player, just haven't settled in for whatever reason. I really hope we can find a way to unlock his full potential. It's far too soon to get rid of him unless he REALLY doesn't want to be here.

The same goes for Anguissa. He's been disappointing but he's still very young and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He arrived in a very unsettled squad and was thrown straight into a very demanding postition, playing DM in a 4-3-3. Even if he is poor for the rest of the season he might be an asset for the future. He has shown moments of class.
For the millions we paid for these players it is reasonable to expect them to come in and perform immediately, we shouldn't have to wet nurse them for months,
Never had these problems with Ivor when we brought him up from Wales.

toshes mate

Which rather raises the question of why, when negotiating for MLM, Nice had to push the suggestion to FFC that Seri could be had.  Again why didn't FFC raise the possibility of Seri if they had been actively scouting him?

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

Which rather raises the question of why, when negotiating for MLM, Nice had to push the suggestion to FFC that Seri could be had.  Again why didn't FFC raise the possibility of Seri if they had been actively scouting him?

You have to remember this has been translated from French so words and expressions are lost in translation sometimes

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

You have to remember this has been translated from French so words and expressions are lost in translation sometimes
The French word is pousser which freely translates to push.

Bill2

This may explain his attitude, which I find disappointing and inconsistent with the way he played at the beginning of the season. It also goes some way to show why at the Man City cup game as soon as the whistle went he was off the pitch.

Arthur

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
Nowhere have I expressed 'like' or 'dislike' for either Shahid or Tony and so please do not put words into my mouth.   

You may not have specifically used the word 'dislike' - or any such synonym - in respect of Tony Khan, but I don't think you can't blame people for drawing that conclusion when you've posted this comment just a few hours earlier:

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
There is a data analyst opportunity involvig South American football currently open for applicants at Manchester City FC and I'd love to see Tony Khan go for it and not just put an end to nepotism at FFC but relieve us of its many negative effects.  He'd get some much needed experience about how English fooball works and perhaps then FFC would have a chance of seeing how a recruitment system could and can work to the betterment of all. It's win-win TK.

Even if this were to relieve the Club of the negative effects of nepotism, that you would 'love' to see Tony Khan get the job and that you address the 'win-win' remark directly at him certainly inferred to me that you had some degree of dislike for the man.

IKnowNothing

Quote from: bobby01 on November 17, 2018, 07:56:33 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 17, 2018, 07:20:16 PM
I thought Seri showed his class in the first couple of matches and then he just faded away. Perhaps this is the reason. Maybe a new head coach can get him back on track. He's obviously a top quality player, just haven't settled in for whatever reason. I really hope we can find a way to unlock his full potential. It's far too soon to get rid of him unless he REALLY doesn't want to be here.

The same goes for Anguissa. He's been disappointing but he's still very young and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He arrived in a very unsettled squad and was thrown straight into a very demanding postition, playing DM in a 4-3-3. Even if he is poor for the rest of the season he might be an asset for the future. He has shown moments of class.

:plus one:
+2 The short sighted thinking on these boards is an absolute joke. Like the owners they can"t sit still for a second.