Main Menu

Seri - Fulham find themselves involved in legal action over summer transfer

Started by gezkc, November 17, 2018, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowNothing

Quote from: Statto on November 17, 2018, 10:29:54 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 17, 2018, 05:42:37 PM
Statto et al. Keep an eye on this.

It confirms the total fee for both was c. £30m which is what was reported in the press and IIRC something you also disputed. If this is true about the portion of that was allocated to Seri, it only makes you "right" in the very narrowest sense, because as the article says, that split would be "absurd", was apparently not even known by Seri himself until now, and may well be revised in the courts.

Btw if this is true it has to go down as a massive Khan/Mackintosh cock-up. Allowing Nice to allocate only £11m of the fee to Seri and the rest to MLM wouldn't have saved us any money - we pay £30m either way - but it appears to have upset the player and may explain why he has gone from world class to championship level in the space of a month.

And naturally the consequences of that cock-up have ultimately been borne by Jokanovic rather than the Teflon boys themselves.
"the Teflon boys" that's probably going to stick to them .

toshes mate

Quote from: Arthur on November 18, 2018, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
Nowhere have I expressed 'like' or 'dislike' for either Shahid or Tony and so please do not put words into my mouth.   

You may not have specifically used the word 'dislike' - or any such synonym - in respect of Tony Khan, but I don't think you can't blame people for drawing that conclusion when you've posted this comment just a few hours earlier:

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
There is a data analyst opportunity involvig South American football currently open for applicants at Manchester City FC and I'd love to see Tony Khan go for it and not just put an end to nepotism at FFC but relieve us of its many negative effects.  He'd get some much needed experience about how English fooball works and perhaps then FFC would have a chance of seeing how a recruitment system could and can work to the betterment of all. It's win-win TK.

Even if this were to relieve the Club of the negative effects of nepotism, that you would 'love' to see Tony Khan get the job and that you address the 'win-win' remark directly at him certainly inferred to me that you had some degree of dislike for the man.
'Don't think you can't blame people' (double negative) translates to 'do you think you can blame' but actually neither is apposite to what I said.  I have not used the words like or dislike about Tony Khan or Shahid Khan because I don't know them and if I did know them I probably wouldn't use them anyway.  Like and dislike are not the kinds of words that fit my impression and description of people.   I tend towards deeper and more meaningful ways of describing people.  Try this for size: 

Tony Khan is a young guy, the son of a multi-billionaire father, who has a degree in computer related matters who has developed a business with a mate which is based around a database of footballers with the intention of obtaining better results in the acquisition of players for anyone using it.  His father buys a football club and son takes up a position of some influence (and potential conflict of interests) in that football club.  I have worked in computers for most of my working life as a consultant and programmer both for myself and for others in both public and private sectors.  I can immediately see both the potential and the flaws of such a system i.e. where it will work and where it just will not work at all (because I know the limits of contemporary computer power no matter what subject you care to talk about).  I can understand things from the Khan's POV but I also see the huge flaws in that POV unless they are heavily guarded against.  Those flaws are not heavily guarded against and the likely subject of damage is a football club I have invested in since I was old enough to pay my admission fee well over sixty years ago.   I observe that had it not been a father-son relationship it is very unlikely the event would have happened (I don't believe any genuine experienced professional consultant would have had anything to do with such a set up as it is).  Were TK to take himself out of his father's loop and actually experience the cut throat world of computer usage at a club like Man City then he gain huge experience at what sports companies are looking for and how they use what computers offer them.  If he then returned to FFC he'd be like a new man totally aware of the flwas in his original concept and intelligent enough not to inflict such flaws upon his father's business.   Like and dislike doesn't ever enter this scenario, and nepotism is reduced to a benign influence.

But the bottom line is I shouldn't have to explain my opinions beyond expressing them on a forum which is about FFC and what we individually think is good, bad or indifferent.   I don't care for anyone, you included, trying to put words into my mouth.  You can draw whatever conclusions you wish but please do not say I said thinsg which I plainly did not say.   

Southcoastffc

Time to chill lads. We all support Fulham, through good times and bad. Even the Fulham family can be dysfunctional but we're still family.    049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.