watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Song for Ranieri

Started by Fulham 442, November 25, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Dilly Ding, Dilly Dong Merrily on High...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Luka

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 03, 2018, 07:45:04 PM
Ranieri clearly indicated on Sunday at Stamford Bridge that he isn't happy with this chant so can we please stop singing it? It is just wrong on every level.
Really, what did he do ?

Fulham 442

Apparently indicated to the Fulham fans to quiet down regarding this particular chant according to the media.

Chesh

Quote from: The Enclosurite on December 03, 2018, 08:05:03 PM
Ranieri clearly indicated on Sunday at Stamford Bridge that he isn't happy with this chant so can we please stop singing it? It is just wrong on every level.

Then he needs to get a sense of humour.  Nobody singing it seriously believes he hates Ch***ea, thats why it's a great song.  It's not wrong, it's funny.  He's been in football a hell of a long time, if he doesn't get football fan humour by now then something is not quite right with him.
I go back to the 70s, when there was plenty of swearing in football - no problem with that as was all part of the atmosphere in those days, and I'm not averse to the odd foul mouthed outburst still.

However, this chant is just lazy, unoriginal, and quite frankly embarrassing.

There are obviously a few that think it's funny, but I'd bet most don't  :023:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

_Putney_

Quote from: Chesh on December 04, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

Then he needs to get a sense of humour.  Nobody singing it seriously believes he hates Ch***ea, thats why it's a great song.  It's not wrong, it's funny.  He's been in football a hell of a long time, if he doesn't get football fan humour by now then something is not quite right with him.
I go back to the 70s, when there was plenty of swearing in football - no problem with that as was all part of the atmosphere in those days, and I'm not averse to the odd foul mouthed outburst still.

Right, then come up with something, have the guts to sing it in the ground, and if it's less lazy, less unoriginal, and less embarrassing, it should be an absolute hit and we'll have nothing to worry about!

Why do I get the feeling that won't happen?

ffcthereligion

Exactly this. Slav realistically wasnt going to kill anyone was he? Bullard wasnt better than Gerrard.

Grow up.

Nasty Neil

Why do all our fans get so worked up about nothing, it's a football song, that's all... I'm sure it will get replaced soon enough, unless the mugs who can't come up with an alternative to the Al Fayed song are stumped. Besides Most of the most of the singers don't usually leave London for matches. I'm mean their all Fulham till they die, unless it's north of Watford.

Chesh

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 04, 2018, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: Chesh on December 04, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

Right, then come up with something, have the guts to sing it in the ground, and if it's less lazy, less unoriginal, and less embarrassing, it should be an absolute hit and we'll have nothing to worry about!

Why do I get the feeling that won't happen?
I've never been a professional footballer either, or a musician - doesn't mean I don't have an opinion of what is good on the field/in the charts and what isn't, nor does it mean I can do any better.

Further, why is a crap song  better than nothing at all?

Anyway, you're right, it won't happen. I long ago gave up with our fans coming up or joining in with anything witty without the F word.... :HD:  :dft012:

Andy S

And that's why I will not join in with the singing!

Hatch007

Quote from: Andy S on November 25, 2018, 10:02:56 AM
Neither will I. I'm not a prude but that is again moronic

Against Sunderland at home last season I was with my 81 yo dad, 7 yo daughter and 10 yo son in Block V of the Riverside Stand since I'd treated us all to McBrides. We were supposedly sitting with other hospitality participants. My kids and I are all members and have been for three years. I'm a former ST holder and supported Fulham since 1981.

A Fulham fan in his 50s kept swearing literally every 5 mins so after approx. half an hour I said "tone the language down mate, there are women and kids close by".

His response; "It's a football match mate. What do you expect?"

Seriously? I don't go looking for trouble but I told him to shut up and when he asked who's gonna make him I said I would. Not my proudest moment, granted. His cocky little 20-odd year old son then piped up with more profanity at which point more dads close by told him to shut up, too! This from Fulham fans that sadly only serves to prove we all have our moronic element. I saw the offenders in McBrides at HT and FT and avoided them so as not to create a scene in front of my kids.

No doubt they are the kind of idiots that sang along to the SJ chant. He must have been mortified by that.

I love the lyric above, 'to manage FFC'  049:gif

bobbo

Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2018, 09:44:53 AM
The moment we have a song that requires f—- to make it scan or rhyme then that is me out. I won't participate.  There are parents with their kids and it is just moronic in my opinion.
👍 Totally agree.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

Exactly this. Slav realistically wasnt going to kill anyone was he? Bullard wasnt better than Gerrard.

Grow up.

If you want to talk realistically Fulham aren't the greatest team the world have ever seen either but I will happily sing that.  If you want to debate the merits of the Ranieri song as it is then go ahead and do so.  People have differing opinions on it, although I believe your view is in the minority.  That doesn't mean you have to resort to telling anyone that disagrees with you to "grow up".

_Putney_

Get the rest of the stadium to tell the singers to be quiet then.  Seemed like most joined in at Chelsea.

filham

Quote from: cheese pie on November 25, 2018, 03:21:08 PM
Isn't it too early for his song??
Yes, but keep working on it we may come up with something after half a dozen or so wins. We are no where near anything yet.

notonfire1226

ranieri , he comes from italy , he won the premier league

Chesh

Surely a simple 'Claudio Ranieri', in the same way that 'Jose Mourinho' or 'Is this a library' used to be sung is more appropriate, and can be loud without being offensive....I won't hold my breath  :023:

I Ronic

When he's smiling, when he's smiling.
The Whites are smiling too.
When he's laughing, when he's laughing
The Whites are winning too. (or) beating you.

But when he's crying it brings on the rain.
So Claudio stop your crying be happy again.
Cos when he's smiling, when Claudio's smiling
We're all smiling too.

Nero

Dilly Ding, Dilly Dong this is the start to Claudia Ranieri Song

please continue

FFC NY

Quote from: Holders on December 03, 2018, 08:20:51 PM

hahaha...carrying this on...

Dilly, Ding, Dong Merrily on high,
In heaven the bells are ringing,
Dilly, Ding, Dong Verily SKY
Are annoyed by Fulham winning
Cla..........udio Ranieri is Ex-Chelsea

Holders

Quote from: FFC NY on December 05, 2018, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 03, 2018, 08:20:51 PM

hahaha...carrying this on...

Dilly, Ding, Dong Merrily on high,
In heaven the bells are ringing,
Dilly, Ding, Dong Verily SKY
Are annoyed by Fulham winning

Not bad, I see where you're going but it goes against the grain a bit to sing the c-word.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria